Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
info on false weight loss claims
jis4judy posted:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/07/ftc-charges-deceptive-weight-loss-products/4354669/

Just thought this was interesting
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Thanks Judy. The sad thing is people will still buy these products!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
it is crazy how much money is wasted on these things when all they need to do is some self reflection and change a few habits to healthier ones

I think it is the reluctance to accept the reality that we need to have some self control
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

shelsangel replied to jis4judy's response:
I agree Judy. It's all about getting yourself moving. HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

mefirstforever responded:
Judy,
You are so right, I think If I didn't spend so much money on these gimmick I would probably have enough money to buy a car lol sniff sniff!!! THEY DON'T WORK. !!!!

And Look Jean yay !!! Happy to see you!!!

Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

rohvannyn responded:
Ah, good old snake oil... been around since the beginning of time, it seems. These days they have some pretty high tech looking snake oil. It's so easy to be taken in by the desire for a magical cure and by the glowing testimonials. I still get curious about these things sometimes even though I am pretty aware of the tactics.

"Try the new ThyroStim! This guality necklace, composed of spheroids carefully manufactured of a high tech resin, will stimulate the area around your thyroid. The thyroid is one of the systems that controls weight loss. Start seeing results in one week! Only three easy payments of $19.95! If you don't see results within one month, simply return the product and recieve a full refund, minus shipping and handling!"

"My ThyroStim is amazing! I feel so much better! I lost fifty pounds in three months, got a new job, and I feel great!" (insert photoshopped before and after shots here)

"I got a ThyroStim for my girlfriend, and not only is she slim and beautiful, but she is much happier now too! We're getting married in April! Thank you, ThyroStim!" (insert bad engagement photo)

And all along it's a cheap plastic bead choker that only works through the power of suggestion, if it works at all. Promise people health, love, or money, and you will be amazed at how many suckers you will find.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

parakeet210 replied to rohvannyn's response:
im with ya'll I went to ww and did laxatives at one time and then recently I bought chia seeds but they got stuckin my teeth so I sent them to son
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

rohvannyn replied to parakeet210's response:
Chia seeds are better when soaked in a drink... you can make your own mini bubble tea that way. They aren't a magical weight loss cure, though. They just make you feel a little fuller, and give you some vitamins.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old Borderline and Bipolar diagnosed girl who lives in Southern California. I am otherwise healthy just overweight. I deliver pizzas an...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.