Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Thursday Jan 9 2014
jis4judy posted:

Good morning

weigh in 152 if I can string a few more good days together I will be back to my 150

Breakfast

3.2 oz orange
3.4 oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk

1 C black coffee I use instant I can make my coffee just right and my hubbys extra strong that way we have been using instant coffee since we got married over 50 years I did try to perk drip and other machines over the years but the instant seems like a no fuss way to make it for me

Dinner plans are
Chicken breast baked
spinach cooked
maybe brown rice with mushrooms
the usual salad

I will have apple with peanut butter today for snack
the apples are so big for some reason I cannot find small apples in the produce area so I am alternating pomegranate with apples

there will be green tea with lemon ''

and later pistachios then yogurt and berries
maybe 2 prunes

that should be my day if all goes as planned

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
I am replying to make sure it posts on the whats happening now board

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Morning Judy. Congrats on the loss!

Breakfast: oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts, almond milk and black coffee
Lunch: 1 C. homemade veggie soup
Snack: clementine or apple and green tea
Dinner: chicken breast and 2 C. broccoli steamed
If I'm really hungry tonight after dinner, I will have some popcorn.

I know what you mean about the apples. Kroger usually has small galas in bags that I buy. They haven't had those lately. Galas are my fave by far.
Have a great day everyone!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

parakeet210 replied to abnersmom's response:
great goin judy

2 pieces protein bread a little honey
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

ausgram responded:
Morning Judy and Debbie -

Weigh-In 186

Brkfst - 2 tangerines 1 cup of coffee w/s/c

Lunch - left overs. Ha. So that means very little calories cause there isn't much in the old refreg.

Will walk on my treadmill again. Still too cold to be outside.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to parakeet210's response:
Thank Keet and Debbie keet I looked for that bread in Costco and they didn't have it I buy the Kirkland multi grain and it has all organic ingredients listed and it is also 100% whole grains that's the best I could find but the calories are high 149 for 1 slice

Hugs Judy

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
My favorite apple is empire apples second favorite Gala

and they don't seem to have any small empires in bags at all

my apples are 8 oz each so I have to choose between 2 things I usually snack on if I have small apples I can have half a pomegranate too but now it is either one or the other .
Hugs Judy

rachael2011 responded:
Hello everybody.
AM weight was 291.2 (really frustrating--if this keeps up I will be back to calorie counting before the end of the month!)

Breakfast was Kashi Go Lean w skim milk and blueberries.

Lunch was brown rice, kidney beans, Rotel tomatoes and peppers/ onions.

I took a 45minute walk today w some hills. My arms are sore from using the weights yesterday so that's good.

I have no idea on dinner; will go to the store in a bit a see what looks good. I was thinking frozen lasagne but I don't want the processed stuff. I will post what I decide later.

Everybody have a good day.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael don't be too discouraged often I am up a pound or 2 the day after weight lifting it has to do with liquid stored in the muscles there is a real name for it but I forget oh I got it lactic acid I think that's what is in the muscles causing a bump in the scale
Hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning! My favorite apples are Fujis. The keep well and don't get mushy for quite a while.

I love pomegranates but when they are two or three dollars each I pass them by. Just like artichokes - when they are a dollar each I'll buy some. The same with asparagus which is one of my all time favorite vegetables along with peas. That gives me an idea - cook some brown rice with onions then throw in some sliced mushrooms and some frozen peas and a bit of soy sauce and ginger. I just might have to do that this weekend since I've got my mouth watering thinking about it. It would work with quinoa too.

Here's to making good, healthy food choices!!

Michelle

mefirstforever responded:
Hi ladies,

Yay Judy 1 pound down Pom Poms for your !!!!

All is well, Just came back from the Dr. Ultrasound negative and will live to 100. Just ajusted my pain meds and some physio.
This morning was bad bad bad
McDonald sniff but I don't feel so bad, I had my fixe.

And I will just move on from there.
Weight this morning before McD 197.

Hugs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
Oh Helene that's wonderful news I am so Happy that your docs visit was a good news thing ... I love that
and thanks for the pom poms
Hugs Judy

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
Braeburn apples are awesome! A little sweet, not too huge, crisp, good full flavor. I used to love fujis but they are often too sweet and mealy now. Good idea about the brown rice.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

thelovelyjd replied to bigred53's response:
I love the idea with quinoa... I may have to try it this weekend. I think I would have to add something with some kick though.
-Sheri

Shall I part my hair behind
Do I dare to eat a peach
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

T.S. Eliot

bigred53 replied to thelovelyjd's response:
Sherri, it never hurts to add some kind of chili to things like that or even a bit of curry powder. I've made a kind of tabuleh (spelling) with quinoa with cukes, bell peppers, green onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos and lemon or lime juice. Kind of like a salsa with quinoa. And since quinoa has a complete protein you don't need anything else. I love that kind of stuff.

I've been starving today and I have absolutely no idea why. I had a good dinner last night, well it could have been better as it was not homemade. I had a chicken cantina bowl from Taco bell. I think my problem is that my fasting sugar was 50 (too low) when I got up today. I've had yogurt, pistachios, and three bananas with peanut butter and I'm still hungry. Time to drink some more water and think about it for a while. I'm out of chia seeds which I put in my flavored water and that will usually help keep the hungry horrors away.

Michelle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.