Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lulumarhaba posted:
Hello everyone my name is lina. I have a weight problem thats been since a long time. Im an emotiontional eater. I saw the support group and liked the idea.i joined a group fitness training twice a week. in the gym. Its good because its more fun when we are a group with the same goal. We support each other a lot.i still have to exercise on the other days and control my food intake. It helps to use the fitness pal application. Hope to benefit someone and get benefit fromthis group too. Xoxo regards lina

jis4judy responded:
welcome aboard Lina
I hope you stick with us for a long time this is a lifelong change that we are making
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

thelovelyjd responded:
Welcome Lina! I'm new too! Look forward to getting to know more about you!

Glad to have you with us,
-Sheri

Shall I part my hair behind
Do I dare to eat a peach
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

T.S. Eliot

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mefirstforever responded:

Welcome Lina,
Glad you joined the group. I also am an emotional eater. I have developed a tool for myself. It took a few weeks if not months. I use to go to the kitchen open the fridge take out and eat, eat and eat.
It the beginning it had to be a conscious thought.

As I got to kitchen I would ask were are you going? Are you really hungry? or are you just board ? or cross ? Or really hungry, when did I eat last? And turn around.

With all that work the kitchen is now just a place I go when I'm hungry. Choices are still work in progress

Another thin snack should not be more than 100 calories, if in 20 minutes you are still hungry then eat the other 100 cal not more.

These are just suggestions, they worked for me. You have to find your inner voice.
Hug
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone My name is Jackie I'm 63 years old I began this journey to lose weight about 3 years ago to no avail. I would lose five or six po...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.