Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Rainbow Challenge Saturday Jan 11 2014
    jis4judy posted:

Good morning

weight up some today 153.5
    weight lifting does that every time
    so I am not worried

Breakfast
    pretty much same as yesterday '

1/2 C bran flakes
    1/3 c heart to
    1/2 C ff milk
    4.2 Oz orange
    2.8 oz strawberries
    1 c black coffee

will be taking a nice long walk today for my exercise the temp is up to over 40 gonna feel like spring out there LOL
    Hugs Judy
    SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
    life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
    Just moving thia to whats happening now
    Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
    Judy, would you mind telling me what your arm weight routine consists of and what weights you are using? I have my own little routine but I don't know if I am missing something.
    Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
    And knew not eating Death
    Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
    Hi Kathy
    I do 15 reps 2 sets with 10 pound weight bicep curls
    then I do bent over rows with 20 pound weights same 15 reps 2 sets
    then I move on to 5 pound weight for laying on bench same 15 reps 2 sets this is holding the weights and it is like hugging a giant ball pectural flys
    stand up do side lifts with 5 pound weights just a little out to my sides same reps and sets then bend over and hold same weights with bent arms and raise them to the back for triceps. then do standing arms slightly bent shoulder raises I arm at a time 15 each arm 2 sets
    then I move do forward steps holding weights lowering my knee in back as close to floor as I can I do 15 each leg alternately a count of 30 2 sets this gives me close to an all over work out

That's my workout some times I change it up and use a cowbell to do bent over circles too

Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
    Breakfast - English muffin, apple butter, 1 clementine, 2 cups Roma

The plan-

Lunch - I have been craving some black bean soup, so I am going to try to find some. I don't do canned soup. If that fails, I found some pea soup in the freezer for a fall back, and an apple

Dinner - I think I can repeat last night's and substitute a sweet potato or maybe a salad.
    Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

WHOA, JUDY! You are one strong girl! 20 pound weights is awesome! And even 10 pounders! I'm working away with my five pound weights and some of the moves are tough with my left arm. I think I am doing the same moves except that I have to skip the knee lowering move at the end. I try to do each move really slowly and I don't lie down on a bench. I'm the wimpy version of you! It takes me about 20 minutes. Does that sound right?
    Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
    My weights are pretty wimpy to some
    if I do the sets and exercises one after the other with no rest between it takes me21 minutes
    sometimes 22
    Hugs Judy

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
    also Kathy I forgot one move while laying on my bench
    after the pectoral flys I hold those 5 pounders at the sides of my chest and raise them straight up same 15 reps 2 sets
    forgot that one
    Hugs Judy

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
    WOA great going judy and Kathy! I'm not even to the point to do lifting weights and I don't know at what point I will be as my left shoulder continues to be messed up.
    I finally woke up feeling much better and got sum good sleep last night!! I feel finally human!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this morning I had my protein toast 2 slices
    and a tad bit of honey have to open the next container next time
    and 2 coffees now that was a good breakfast
    Ooo and I had a bite of chicken rotisserie without skin
    makin
    chicken veg soup today
    daughter comes home today
    This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

I think I am doing the equivalent of the pectoral flys by standing with my arms out to the side and then slowly bringing them to the front together. It's hard with the 5 pounders! I'll have to add the other one you do on the bench. I'll have to work up to your level. JUDY IS DA BOMB!
    Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
    Tweety don't stress. We all have our problem areas I sure wish I could walk for exercise.
    Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
    update
    Dinner was
    1 1/2 C steamed zucchini
    1/3 C brown rice
    1/5 C cooked mushrooms
    4.8 oz chicken breast boneless skinless
    salad
    1 1/2 C mixed greens
    1 small tomato
    1/4 Bell pepper yellow
    1 thin slice red onion
    3 slices Cuke
    1 radish
    6 black olives
    1 T each wishbone robusto and red wine vinegar

later will have tea with lemon

pistachios
    apple with peanut butter

yogurt with berries
    and if there is room a pomegranate

hugs Judy

ausgram responded:
    About time I showed up, huh? I been cleaning and re-arranging all my supplies down in our basement for our Seniors ministry tables. What a job that was.

Ok, Weigh-In 186

Brkfst - 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, 1 cup of joe w/c/s

Lunch - 1 1/2 cup of homemade chicken soup and let me tell you, don't put thyme in your soup. Ha ha. It gives it a weird taste.
    AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
    God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

ausgram replied to ausgram's response:
    Opps, forgot to add, I walked 20 mins again. I went from walking 10 mins to 15 and now I'm up to 20. Starting next weekend I will try and do 25. It's not showing on the scale but I notice I don't have quite the hard time doing up and down our stairs. Cool, huh?
    AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
    God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

rachael2011 replied to ausgram's response:
    Judy and Kathy- Bravo to you both with all the exercises with the weights!!

Aus- Great job increasing your exercise time. Isn't is great when you notice all your hard work exercising paying off in your regular life!!
    Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been "chubby." And I have spent majority of my adolescence trying to be skinny and failing. The lowest Ive been is 157. I no...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
    As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.