Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Move your Butt Challenge Week 1 day 4
mefirstforever posted:
Here I go again take 2

Good Morning everyone,

Judy is right about taking it one step at the time. Here is an exemple of a beginner schedule. You can find all sorts of help on the net I will try to share as I will find If 15 minutes is to much you can do only 5 minutes you do what you can.
12 WEEK BEGINNER SCHEDULE

Having a hard time getting started ... here is an easy to follow beginner schedule that starts with 15 minute walks and will have you walking 60 minutes in 12 weeks. Warm up and cool down time are included in the scheduled minutes. Be sure to stretch after your walks.
[br> [br>
WEEK
SUN
MON
TUE
WED
THU
FRI
SAT
15 min
15 min
20 min
15 min
20 min
15 min
20 min
15 min
20 min
20 min
15 min
20 min
15 min
25 min
15 min
25 min
20 min
15 min
25 min
20 min
25 min
20 min
30 min
20 min
20 min
25 min
20 min
30 min
20 min
30 min
30 min
20 min
30 min
20 min
35 min
25 min
30 min
30 min
25 min
30 min
25 min
40 min
25 min
30 min
40 min
30 min
30 min
30 min
40 min
25 min
30 min
40 min
30 min
40 min
30 min
50 min
30 min
40 min
40 min
30 min
40 min
40 min
50 min
30 min
40 min
50 min
30 min
50 min
40 min
50 min
40 min
40 min
50 min
40 min
50 min
40 min
50 min
40 min
40 min
60 min
40 min
60 min
40 min
60 min

Consistency is key in creating a new habit, so be sure that you get something in at least 5 days a week. The starting day for this schedule may be changed to suit your needs. Just try to keep your easy and harder days in the same order. If you are particularly tired one week, don't increase your time... just stick with the last weeks schedule.

It's ok to take a day off once a week or choose a day to crosstrain . Choose one of the lighter days (Sunday or Wednesday) for this. A workable schedule for me is Sunday off, and crosstraining on Wednesday. As a beginner you may want to get the walking habit down before you add crosstraining to your routine.

It is natural to feel a little tired or have a few muscle aches when beginning a fitness program. Do not let this keep you from walking. On the other hand if you are in pain it may be prudent to take a day of rest. If the pain continues see a physician.

Notice: If you have any health concerns you should get your physician's approval prior to beginning a fitness program.

Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

mefirstforever responded:
wow this didn't go as I planed but I'm sure you get the point that is start slow but steady.

I'm of to tai chi and stretching for and hour

Huggs
Helene

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Helene nice that you got it posted
I just came in from an hour of walking That will be it for today on intentional exercise

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Helene and Judy. It's a pretty day out there so today's exercise will be 40 minutes walking around my house (some hills).
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

kalimiller responded:
I'm planning on going for another mile and a half walk once I get home from work and finish talking to the police. Not sure which dog I'll take yet - we'll see who has the most energy to burn off when I get home
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

mefirstforever replied to kalimiller's response:
Yay Kali, if you take the tree of them don't know how would be walking how.

Have a gread day at work.
Hugs
Helene

mog1026 replied to mefirstforever's response:
Exercise DONE FOR THE DAY!

23 minutes isometric hand weights, routine by Judy

17 minutes seated Zumba and aerobics (sounds like a contradiction but it does get the breath going and it's the best I can do)
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

thelovelyjd responded:
I had jury duty today! Yuck. I'll never be chosen since I'm an attorney so it was basically a wasted day.

But, I did manage to walk for 30 minutes during our morning recess.

I have a 60 minute water aerobics class that I'm heading out the door to make.

Happy Monday All!
-Sheri

She was not happy--she never had been. Whence came this insufficiency in life--this instantaneous turning to decay of everything on which she leaned

Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

jis4judy replied to thelovelyjd's response:
Hi Sheri I was a bad girl when I had jury duty they asked if there was any reason they should not be on the jury I told them I knew the defendant He had the same name as a man I knew at work ... that made me none usable
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Yay to Judy, Rachael, Kathy, Kali, Sheri, Debbie, Ausgram, Keet And Rachel you Ladies are my rock. I haven't done exercise is a regular basis since a year thanks for being here.

I added 12 reps of 6 upper body weight lifting.
Bicep, tricep, chest shoulder and back.
Tomorrow will be lower body.
I start with 12 reps for a week and will add a second set next week. Slowly but surely.

Kathy I tried that Zumba on the chair it is quite fun and you do get a work out. I have a bad hip so some days sitting or laying is all I can do.

Hugs
Have a great evening

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy and Kali and Judy and Helene

Helene thanks for that chart! I am goin to pool 2 x a week does that count cuz I walk in watr for 15-20 minutes and I do my water exercises for knees back and me!
as cross training ?

Judy as Usual you amaze me.

Kathy,
wow you're really doing it! I think you released so many endorphins that you;re doing more zumba! lol

Kali,
Yeah consistent you are!! That's what I have the hardest time with! Admire that when people have a good tract record.

Great for this group!! Haven't read the rest of posts yet but want to give positive feed back. Thiss is making me do more than 10 mins. I did to day and go to pool tomorrow. Feel so much better and I have a lot of room to work it up!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

parakeet210 replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hey Sheri, Youre on a roll!

Judy ur so funny. Good reason lol

Helene..... Keep ER U P!! You're doing good Woman!!!!

I got 10 mins. today

i'm going to the pool tomorrow! yeah!!
Love the walk schedule H

ttytomorrow
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

dinosawrsrawrrr responded:
So today:Mile walk with Abby
Building up the woodpile today (basically picking up already cut wood and tossing it in woodpile) took abt 15 min to unload the whole truck w/ dad
15 min elliptical
~Rachel CW:203 GW:120 SW:247
Dream big.. Work hard.. Love life

mog1026 replied to thelovelyjd's response:
Noooo JD! I'm not over the mermaids!
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to dinosawrsrawrrr's response:
Thank you for starting this Helene. It's gotten me moving again . Now if we can just keep it up!
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

Starting at 310 lbs, 48 years old, diabetic w/heart issues, I have chosen to go the route of Bariatric Gastric By-pass surgery on April 24, 2013. My p...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.