Skip to content
Hi everyone!
justmejust posted:
Just taking a moment to say I'm thinking of you. Life's been busy with work, working out, family, and friends too. I'm still about 185 pounds. Goal is 145. Continuing to work out daily for an hour aerobics, also stretches and strengthening. I keep produce in my menu daily. My challenges are achieving enough restful sleep at night and reducing daily stresses from work, family, my inner self. How is everyone else ?
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 responded:
Thanks for checking in Laura . I think about everyone if they disappear for a bit. It's awesome that you are keeping the weight off and have kept up your exercise routine. Someday I want to grow up and be just like you!!!! I gained some weight back at the end of the year which KILLED me, but I'm working it off again now. This time I WILL get to 199, I WILL, I WILL, WILL!
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Laura,

It's funny but you are like an old friend, that we don't see for a will. But when we is eachother it's feels like yesterday.

Glad you did keep up all that routine, even with working and the normal stress of a young adult family.

I'm doing quite well started strengthening, and streching. Today I did 10 minutes of bicycle. I want to be just like you when I grow up. lol I guess if I loose those 15 pounds will be easier to jump up and down.

Glad you check in.
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
I am well. Been busy with work and family. I am also planning to move to a bigger and nicer around March 1st hopefully. This time I hope I don't move for a very long time. If you can try some meditating before bed or some nice hot tea that promotes sleep. It usually helps me.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Laura Glad to see you!! Ur continuing to prosper with ur goals and I do surely think the world of that, continued success

I'm trying it get back to fruits veggies more and more and now that Helene has a exercise challenge trying to do that too,
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

jis4judy responded:
Hi Laura thanks for checking in I was wondering where you were \ I am so glad you are staying at least the same weight
while you are so busy that's a victory all by itself
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ladylavender replied to mog1026's response:
Hi, Laura. Glad you are keeping at it!

Kathy, add 100, and those are my thoughts exactly...I WILL get to 299, I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

bigred53 replied to ladylavender's response:
Yay Laura!! Good job maintaining and continuing the exercise!!!

This is for the rest of you losers - pun intended - if I can lose 100 pounds any of you can. Granted it has taken years but this is a life long journey not a race. If it were a race I am the turtle or the little train that could.

Abby I started at about 340 pounds and now I'm about 240 give or take. I talk to myself all the time about food - do I want it or do I need it? This past weekend I thought I needed all the crap I ate. I sure was not listening to my inner 'angel'. That little devil on my shoulder was egging me on and I gave in to temptation. Today is another day.

I sincerely believe that as long as we all continue to come to this site and gain knowlege and get encouragment we will all get to where we want to be. Remember though that we can't compare ourselves to others - we are unique individuals. We will all encounter bumps in our various roads and stumble - hopefully none of us will fall. Above all we must love ourselves enough to see this journey through to the end.

XOXOXO

Michelle

ladylavender replied to bigred53's response:
(((Michelle)))
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
Michelle, that post of yours is a keeper for whenever discouragement sets in. Thank you! xxoo
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Thank you too Kathy.

In my religion we are taught from a young age that if we stay on the straight and narrow path (road) and hold to the iron rod (our religion/beliefs) that we will make it to heaven. Sounds pretty simple, right? Years ago I went to a special meeting - I had very strong feelings that I HAD/NEEDED to go. One of the speakers reminded us of the above then he said - but, what we weren't taught is that the road is fraught with hills and valleys, unbridged streams and raging rivers and many pits and pot holes that make it hard to stay on the right path and cling to the iron rod.

So, whenever I have troubles in my personal life I tell myself that it is just another bump in my road and to keep trying to do the right thing. That applies to everything whether it be eating right, exercising and being a nice person. Some days I hit a lot of bumps and almost get thrown off my path but I try to pick myself up and dust myself off and keep going even though sometimes I just don't feel like fighting anymore. That is when I succumb to things like those lemon bites, snickerdoodles and snack mix.

The wonderful thing about this community is that we discover that we are not alone with our struggles. I may think that I have a lot of problems and then I read a post from dear Abby and all that she is going through with her wrist and possible employment problems and yet she perserveres and has been able to maintain her weight loss. Then I tell myself that my little troubles are not so bad. It reminds me that things could always be much, much worse and to be thankful for what I have and what I have been able to accomplish.

So my dears keep looking forward. Forget about past mistakes and forgive yourselves too.

XOXOXO

Michelle

jis4judy replied to bigred53's response:
wow a well said testament to staying on the right road
Michelle I could not have said that better
a great big LIKE
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Thank you for thinking of me Kathy. How is your journey going today?

Hugs,
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene! I think of you often. I like that someone started the Move Your Butt exercise challenge here. I'm exercising about an hour every day for now. Today was yoga. My instructor suggested that I am at my own level and no longer beginner level per se. My husband went with me and he liked it.
Laura

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber. I started my daily and evening tea again, and increased my meditations and relaxation times once again.

Keep me/us posted on your moving plans. March 1 is right around the corner.

Hugs,
Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been "chubby." And I have spent majority of my adolescence trying to be skinny and failing. The lowest Ive been is 157. I no...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.