Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
snack recipes
lynn2933 posted:
Hi, I think I've joined this group now. I started dieting this week and am looking for some good recipes for low cal snacks. I'm making up some meals on the weekend for the work week and I have some pre packaged snacks but would like to bake some. Anyone know some good websites to low cal snacks.
Lynn

parakeet210 responded:
welcoome. there is a link to recipes on this site. Some of the other women can tell you sites I'm sure.

keet
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Lynn,

I mostly take a fruit as a snack, but nuts or cheese are a good idea.
see the sites bellow for Idea.

http://www.easyliving.co.uk/beauty/100-snacks-under-100-calories
http://www.lhj.com/recipes/healthy/eating/200-snacks-under-100-calories/
http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/low-calorie-snacks-00412000077009/page23.html

helene
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Lynn welcome
My snacks are fruit nuts or cut up vegies
most packaged foods are full of unhealthy ingredients
so I avoid them
if you have weight to remove focus on eating as healthy as you can most of it from natural things like fruits and vegies lean meats fat free dairy and some 100%whole grains nuts in moderation

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

lynn2933 responded:
Thanks for your replies. I'm trying to preplan my meals and snacks for each day. This first week has been rough, I'm hungry all the time so that's why I'm preplanning so I eat what I've planned and nothing else. I know if I can make it through the first couple of weeks it will get easier. Thanks for your support!
Lynn

mefirstforever replied to lynn2933's response:
Lynn,

You can do this, Try to make a salad with lemon and a good olive oil every meal even if you have warm vegetables. you eat it after your meal . It takes time for your brain to get the message, 20 minutes after finishing your meal.

Try pop corn low cal and filling. And yours right it will get easier

Hugs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

blondie454u replied to lynn2933's response:
Lynn,

Wow you are off to a very good start! Eating healthy is planning! Way to go!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

rohvannyn replied to blondie454u's response:
Only thing I have to say is, I find that eating a high protein, moderate fat breakfast with as little carbs as possible sets me up for much less hunger and much fewer cravings for the rest of the day. Even if I have some carbs with lunch and dinner, it's still easier to deal with. Another thing is, don't be afraid of fat. If it is coming from good sources (for me, that means plant and animal fats) and is kept in moderation, it will help nourish your body and keep your brain working. It's total overall calories that cause problems. I've found that for me, carbs cause cravings, fats in moderation help me eat less overall, and protein helps all around. LACK of fat causes massive cravings that then causes me to overeat "safe foods" because my body isn't getting what it needs. It might help to keep this in mind when planning snacks.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

lynn2933 replied to mefirstforever's response:
I've been eating salad with vinegar and olive oil before my meal but I will try after. Thanks
Lynn

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been overweight all my life. I have lost weight only to gain it back. I also take an maoi med for severe depression. It's really making me ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.