Skip to content
I am skinny!
demiscott posted:
I put on 40lbs. in 5 seconds. I was walking through my apartment headed for the kitchen, glanced in a mirror which reflected my profile and bam, my clothes tightened around my figure and I looked like a blimp. I went from 100lbs to 140lbs in 5 seconds. Unbelievable!

Take the Poll

Have you ever noticed a sudden weight loss or weight gain in a matter of seconds?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
vote
View Poll Results

rohvannyn responded:
Perception is a funny thing, isn't it? How you stand, the lighting, your view of yourself, all have roles to play in perception. Now, this can happen in two ways. You can be a little overweight, but have thought of yourself as slim until one day you realize what your shape actually is. Also, you can be a certain weight and suddenly think you are fatter than you really are. Be very careful because this can be a sign of a serious problem with your self image, your mental state, or your neurology. It all depends on how much it bothers you.

A gentle reminder, however... many of us on here would kill to get down to 140 lbs, which is a very healthy weight if you aren't small and fine boned. Those of us who proudly maintain that weight range probably don't appreciate being called "blimps."
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mefirstforever replied to rohvannyn's response:
You're so right Roh, At 26 i was 140, I thought I was so fat. It is so sad. Yes, I had a very low self esteem. The brain does play trick on us.
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I developed the mentality of a fatty somewheres around first grade. My mother had struggled with weight during her childhood, and she sure was a compe...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.