Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Rainbow Challenge Friday Jan 24 2014
    jis4judy posted:

Good morning

weight 153

breakfast
    1/3 C old fashioned oats
    1/3 large apple
    approx. 50 craisins
    1/2 C ff milk
    1/4 T honey
    2 walnuts chopped
    1 c black coffee

dinner plans
    not sure I have to shop again all out of vegies and we just used the last apple in breakfast if it looks safe out there I might bundle up and try a walk this afternoon after shopping
    Hugs Judy
    SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
    life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
    Good Morning,

Will try your oatmeal Judy sounds great

lunch
    salade and salmon

dinner not sure yet

Hugs
    Helene
    Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
    Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

abnersmom responded:
    Happy Friday!
    Lost 1 lb. - better than nothing

Breakfast: Belvita blueberry breakfast bars
    Lunch: 1 C chicken barley chili
    Dinner: Playing bridge with friends - don't know what the hostess will serve yet. Am going to stay strong and away from the snacks!!
    Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mog1026 replied to abnersmom's response:
    Brrrrr. AGAIN! It's a good day tho cause I'm down .6 and every little bit helps
    Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
    And knew not eating Death
    Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram responded:
    Morning Judy, Helene, Debbie and Kathy. You girls are doing great.

Weigh-In 187
    Brkfast 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, 1 cup joe w/c/s

Lunch we are going to Cracker Barrel. I'm so looking forward to that. Its so far up north that we never have gone, only to the ones in Texas.

Be careful out there walking Judy. They say its really icy. Dont' want you falling breaking any bones at our age.

Glad your hanging in there Kathy.

Helene, I don't think I could eat something that heavy in the morning, Judys oatmeal. I usually eat that at night.

Maybe you can eat something before you go to your friends Debbie. Yeah, one pound is a big deal, what do you mean.
    AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
    God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
    Breakfast - English muffin, peach butter, cup of Roma

THE PLAN - lunch will be turkey salad sandwich and apple or chicken dumpling soup, dinner will be chicken breast, yam, broccoli. Snack will be pistachios.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
    I must be one of the few Americans who has never been to one of those chain restaurants. No Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, etc. I just saw a bit on tv that showed how some of their most popular entrees have 2000 or more calories. In ONE meal! And the sodium is off the chart. Be careful Aussie! If you ate one of those dishes you could EXPLODE!

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
    Hi Kathy I haven;t been to any of those either I did go to a chain restaurant in the beginning of my journey while traveling and it was so salty I couldn;t eat it it was turkey with potatoes stuffing and a green vegie it was awful
    everything tasted like salt on salt yuky stuff
    I forget what it was called
    If I remember it I will let you know
    No walk foot still hurts I did something stupid yesterday
    I moved a huge ottoman with my foot and It must have strained it in some way . So I might try the bike downstairs we shall see
    and yes Kathy I would hate to break something and than be unable to walk at all
    Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
    Name of the place was Dennys Hugs Judy

mefirstforever replied to jis4judy's response:
    I use to love Dennys, when on vacation with the family it was a great breakfast lunch. We would eat only twice a day. Good memories. Did the east coast every summer for 20 years Changing almost every year except did 5 years in a row Virginia beautiful state everything from beach to mountain and even under ground of course amusement park .

mog1026 replied to mefirstforever's response:
    Changed the plan.

Lunch - ham salad on rye, side salad of romaine, tomato, red onion, cucumber, mushroom, Italian dressing, small piece of cheddar, apple

Dinner - chicken and dumpling soup, smoothie of grape juice, cherries, blueberries, banana.

Snack - 100 cal popcorn, pistachios

Calories - 1358

Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller responded:
    Hey everyone!!

Husband and I went out to eat with some friends tonight to celebrate the fact that WE CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE IN UTAH. We are done with it forever and can move on. Hooray!

We went to olive garden. I didn't have any breaksticks. Had water to drink. I had 2-3 plates of salad (sans croutons) and ordered the chicken alfredo. I know it's practically the worst thing on the menu, but it's my favorite, and I ain't givin that up. I ate a little less than half of it and stopped - and I am pleasantly full. Usually I eat almost the whole plate and feel engorged afterwards. This is great. Less calories, no unpleasant feeling afterwards, and I get lunch tomorrow!
    -Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
    Whoohoo Kali! That's good news on all fronts! Excellent job on controlling the Alfredo Madness . Your head is running the show, not your tummy!

Milton, Paradise Lost

mefirstforever replied to kalimiller's response:
    Kali,

You had the restaurant planned out and you where a champion. Great new on you house closure. These are stressfull moments.

I wish I was in my 180s also I would give me a moral boost. Congrats on keeping it all together.

Hugs
    Helene

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 50 yrs old and live in SC, was born and raised in Ohio. I have 2 children both adults now. I am a psychic medium, tarot reader. I have high blood...More

Helpful Tips

Eating potato salad without feeling guilty
    The other night I bought a container of potato salad for dinner and instead of having a big pile of it on my plate, I filled half of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.