Skip to content
kim
parakeet210 posted:
I sure do miss her!! Anyone hear from her fb or pinterest???
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ausgram responded:
yeah, I miss her too, I so glad Judy is so so so faithful to open this up every morning. If it wasn't for Judy, I wouldn't even come to WebMD anymore.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy responded:
I wrote to her email but nothing yet I hope she is having a great time with her grandchildren in Michigan very cold there maybe she is too cold to post LOl
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
WHAT AUSSIE?!!! You'd dump us? I'd be missing Kim. Then I'd be missing you too!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom responded:
Hi all,

I haven't heard from Kim, but I know she's still alive and kicking because some days she pins a lot on Pinterest.

Most of you guys are faithful to post regularly. I used to post daily myself. I think subconsciously, I let other things take priority over posting here because I felt guilty being off plan for a while. It was not a conscious decision at all. If that is truly the case, I really need my butt kicked. We come here for support whether we're on track or off.

I appreciate all of you who hang in here. People come and go - some I felt very close to when I first started my journey. It's truly like losing a friend, but we have to be understanding that lives change, priorities change, etc, etc.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

bigred53 replied to abnersmom's response:
Hello all!!

I've been pondering Kim's absence and have come to the conclusion that we put too much pressure on her in that we depended on her to be our leader. I know she has been going through some stressful times and it is possible that we added to that stress though unintentionally. I for one miss her terribly as I'm sure the rest of you do.

So my dear Kimmie take all the time you need to regroup and recoupe until you feel you can face all of us needy people again.

Michelle

mog1026 replied to bigred53's response:
You might be right about the pressure Michelle. She did such an amazing job at the challenges and they worked so well for most of us that the last one may have been more than she could take. She discovered Pinterest and she went pffft and gone. Remember, she had taken off a lot of weight already and may have needed a break from the struggle. Sometimes you just have to LIVE, which is what I did at the end of last year and regained some weight I might add . One of the last things she said was that she had lost a lot of her weight alone and was thinking that she might have to do that again to get some more weight off. We all have to follow our own journey. For my part I got very dependent on her voice and humor to keep me going on a diet on a daily basis, and after I got over the surprise of her disappearance I realized that I shouldn't let myself need anyone else to coach me along. I have to want this enough to succeed by myself if necessary. Selfishly I'd like to laugh with her, but there are other new voices to appreciate and learn from.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, you are so right that we should not depend on anyone else to do the work for us. We must learn what works for us. I know that when I lost weight before I was sick and tired of being fat. I became totally obsessed with losing weight and I watched and counted every morsel of food that went into my mouth. I exercised obsessively too. I would ride my exercise bike so much I would get blisters on my nether regions...lol.

This time around I'm not nearly as obsessed. I am moreso during the week and I allow myself to relax on the weekends - sometimes too much. I haven't been exercising but I'm older now and the old body hurts a lot. I know, if you can do it I should be able to also. I've got to adopt the Nike motto - Just do it!!

Kim was our head cheerleader and she did do a wonderful job of keeping out spirits up and the motivation flowing. I miss her a lot. I hope that she is able to continue her quest and that one day she will return to us and let us know how she is doing. I want her to be proud of me too.

Isn't it interesting how a group of people can become so dependent on another? Maybe that is the lesson we need to learn - to depend on ourselves more. But we also need to share when we are having difficulties. I know that sometimes I will be struggling with something or another and someone will say something that immediately turns the light on. I hope that I can have that effect on at least one person here at least one time.

I truly love this group of women. I do wish a few men would come along and stay. I've been missing our new girl, Sherri, and Mardee and all the others that helped make this such a wonderful place.

XOXOXO

Michelle

ladylavender replied to bigred53's response:
Aww, Michelle, we feel the love. I just want to add that, in my opinion, I think Kim may need to be allowed to just "be" on the board with life's ups and downs like everyone else here. When thought of as "leader," perhaps there is added pressure, whether real or perceived, to be perfect and never mess up, which isn't reality for any of us. When I first came to this board, she was very encouraging, but, if I recall correctly, she could freely post her struggles, too, perhaps without feeling like she let the group down or something. IDK.

Am I making any sense? I'm on pain meds, remember, and am a bit fuzzy-headed, LOL!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Awww Kathy, sorry. Yeh, I would dump you all if Judy wasn't here every day. Ha ha ha! Maybe not. Hope it never happens so I have to make that choice.

ausgram replied to abnersmom's response:
Yeah Debbie, you hang in here. Even when you don't post every day, we like hearing from you when you can. Your right life changes, but its nice to see the same people, like you say, they become friends and you hate to lose them.

ausgram replied to ladylavender's response:
Ok, Abby, fess up, is it really the med or are you ummm, how should I say this. ha ha ha ha, just kidding you.

I love Kim too, but what about Judy, she is so faithful and every morning she is here with her rainbow. I tell you, if I didn't have Judys post to come to every day, I wouldn't come here at all. I have to look for something or someone stable and Judy's it.

Judy, please, never leave here.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Ausie
I think I might be here as long as I can keep my internet connection LOl or God decides I have had enough of a great time ...
I have to confess that when I was in my 50s and early 60s I thought I was getting old fast that all was caused by my eating the wrong foods . now I am age 71 I feel like 17 so go figure if I can get healthier so can anyone that decides they are worth the effort

Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
you are one great lady Judy! No pressure ok! Kim was having a lot of pressure from many areas and was needing (I believe) more at the time then any one of us could have perhaps given back.

All in all it does boil down to each individual. I think we all know that..... Its nice to have support from one another. There's nothing wrong with that! I've been on this community tho thru a few aliases for a few years and one thing I know. Judy has always been here when I came back even tho judy you were always the one I recognized because your so consistent. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

For what its worth .....Everyone here has something to add and give back..... March on lassies....and I will too.....

I thank all of you when you answer a post from me in whatever kind of food state and weight state I may be in.

Everyone here deserves a pat on the back. Keep commin back!! tweety keet
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

jis4judy replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi keet
It is wonderful that so many have passed through these boards some stay awhile and some go
I have some great memories of others that no longer post
miss them too but life grabs at some of us and times get tough
it is hard to stay on here sometimes with the struggles
we all go through ... I have learned a lot from previous posters and hope to learn more from present and future posters
and posting on here reminds me of why I am on this journey
Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have struggled with maintaining my weight since childhood, but my major weight gain happened during my toxic marriage. Now that I have been out of t...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.