Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Tuesday Jan 28 2014
jis4judy posted:

Good morning
I hope you are all getting a rainbow of fruits and vegies everyday
forgot to weigh in today
today is my shopping day and I take this as a my day off of intentional exercise

breakfast
the usual
3.8 oz orange
3.1 oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
1 C black coffee

the dinner plans are whatever looks good on sale in the store
most likely spinach almost always I get a bag of spinach at Costco
spinach is a powerful green food loaded with nutrients

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

parakeet210 responded:
Good mornin Judy and everyone later 254.4 Not as bad as I thought!! I'm having 2 pieces protein toast w/1 tsp honey and 2 pieces thin small bacon I'm sorry I've been so hi emotions of late. First ahs had a shooting and now yesterday am a student poured oil on himself and caught himself on fire. 60% burns on body. A couple of others were hurt. This last one really stirs me up badly for a bunch of different reasons....

That is all I have to say. I stay away from news but it still filters down to me.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

ausgram responded:
Morning Judy and Keet. It is 1 degree out there this morning. And I checked Kathy, no kangaroo outside. I don't think it gets to 1 degree in Australia either. ha.

Well, it was too cold to weigh naked so I weighed with my night clothes on and it showed 188. I'm not too worried tho, I know its still around 186-187.

Brkfst - 1 small apple, 1 cup of joe w/c/s
Lunch - who knows we will be at the mall so maybe a salad at Chick-fil-a
Supper - cereal-mini wheats w/banana and 1/2 c milik
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
What a sissy Aussie! Now that Im sure you're not wrangling Kangas and Roos, I thought all the cowgirls out West could break the ice in a stream, hang their nightie in a branch, and jump right in! Thud! Hahaha!

I've been noticing that Aussie and Judy kind of have a really light dinner. id like to do that but it's hard to change the mindset of a main meal with lots of vegies in the evening. Maybe we could start by eating earlier.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Phew! I'm not a liar any more. Back to 216.4

Breakfast - English muffin, cuppa Roma, clementine

The Plan - lunch late cause of doctor appt. I'd like to keep it to a smoothie of fruit. Dinner early and a hamburger patty and salad.

Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom replied to mog1026's response:
Congrats Kathy! I don't do a light dinner either, Kathy. I take my lunch to work most days and it is a light meal - usually soup in the winter. There's lots of research about not eating after a certain time, but it appears that the most significant thing is to eat breakfast doesn't really matter when the other calories are added.

Breakfast: 1/2 C oatmeal, 1/2 banana, walnuts, ff milk and black coffee
Lunch: 1 C homemade chicken barley chili
Dinner: chicken thighs, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower steamed
Snack: apple (I think I'll heat it in the microwave with cinnamon)

Judy, i don't eat spinach much except baby spinach in salads. Broccoli is my green veggie of choice. I love it and I eat it a lot as you've probably noticed.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Deb I am a broccoli lover too usually 2 times a week on that one ..
I like baby spinach in salad too
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Judy, Keet, Aus, Kathy and Debbie. I haven't been on for several days, but the body snatchers didn't get me. I ordered Domino's last Wednesday after dinner and went downhill from there. Last night, I decided to track the bad stuff that I ate, and came up with the fact that there is NO conceivable way for me to do enough good to make up for the bad eating, Merely skipping breakfast or eating healthy for a couple days isn't going to make up for a "snack" that cleared 3300 calories. I will probably always be a binge eater, so the only option for me winning this battle is if I am gonna overeat do it on foods like yogurts or cottage cheese or even veggies and pasta...and then go back to my plan as quickly as possible. I am so glad that I decided to track all those calories as depressing as it seemed at the time.

Anyways, back to the plan. No breakfast but I had an early lunch of 1 1/4C nonfat plain yogurt w my own sweetener added topped w a little less than a cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal, And an apple.

Dinner will be chicken breast, 3/4C peas and 1C carrots all topped with that prepackaged chicken gravy that you mix w water. I know it's high in sodium but I am in the mood for it so it gets a pass.

I may have a couple tangerines for snack tonight.

I hope you all have a good day.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

bigred53 replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, I know about binge eating too. I still do it occasionally sometimes way too often. I have also been craving pizza so your mention of Domino's made my mouth water...lol. I'm thinking that maybe I should buy a small jar of spaghetti sauce and eat it. I really think that is the part I want - with a side of string cheese...lol. I know that if I am bored is when I can really go crazy so I do make a conscious effort to not keep trigger foods around. It's a good thing that there are no drive-thru pizza places around...lol. Some days it is easier than others to resist.

I do think that the longer we are on this journey the easier it will become to resist the urge to binge - that's what I keep praying for. I know I have come a long way and for the most part it has become easier to resist. We've all got to keep trying. Look how far you have come. I know that at times you may feel that you are going backwards as do we all.

Keep trying my dear.

Michelle

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, this is just my experience. I discovered that I lose more weight if I eat a light dinner. If I eat too much at dinner time (evening) I am starving in the morning. I try to eat more during the daylight hours and less after work. I know it's hard to change life long habits but it won't hurt to give it a try.

I didn't eat at all last night - I was too tired to even think about it because I stayed up and watched the Grammy Awards and went to bed after midnight Sunday/Monday. I'm getting too old for that stuff...lol. I need my beauty sleep.

I've got to go to the grocery store after work so I'll probably pick up a small sandwich from the deli or maybe a salad. This store I go to makes the best egg salad sandwiches on wheat bread.

BTW all I confess I had a polish sancwich, curly fries and a large Pepsi Saturday but since that was pretty much all I ate that day I don't feel too bad. I think I really wanted the rye bread from the sandwich...lol. I'm thinking about getting some saurkraut and a polish sausage to fix for dinner for myself this weekend. We'll see.

Thursday is payday so I'm going to take my son (and myself) out for sushi Friday night. And maybe some sake too.

Michelle

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy
My eating the main meal early started because my hubby was working the all night shift and we just kept it it is a little later in the day since he retired though when he was working we ate at noon now around 2 I am also sleeping later too
most days I have the light breakfast but sometimes I have something more calorie dense
the Oatmeal is a little over 300 cals when I do the peanut butter oatmeal it is closer to 500 or more cals

Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
HOORAY RACHAEL! It was brilliant of you to count those calories. Knowledge is power! Forget how many they were for the time being. And it's only 1 pound worth of calories anyway. Now you can get a handle on what you're doing when you binge. Maybe you can keep track and aim to lower the calorie count a bit the next time you get the urge. It's only scary when you feel out of control and have no idea how much damage you've done. We've all done it, we may all do it again. After all, Super Bowl Sunday is only a few days away!

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
I wish I had though of doing that when I ate all those lemon bites, snickerdoodles and snack mix. I promise I won't go into that area of the store tonight. One thing that gets me about this store that all the big packages of candy are in the same aisle as the water - and I need water and pistachios. I need to talk to the manager about that...lol. I've kind of got a crush on him even though he is about 15 years younger than me...lol. Just because I'm 60 doesn't mean I can't look and/or drool...lol.

I find it interesting that more and more of the chain restaurants are offering 'under 500 calorie' meals. Good for them. Everyone needs a night out now and then.

Rachael I've noticed that you eat a lot of baby carrots. I eat a lot of celery. Even with my fake teeth the celery is easier to eat than carrots but I do love them too. Sometimes I swear I could OD on cucumbers or cauliflower. I go through stages/cravings that I wish i could figuer out. Sometimes I could eat lettuce and tomatoe salad with a little blue cheese dressing for days...lol. I think the crunch factor has a lot to do with my eating. If it's fairly crunchy it seems more satisfying than the softer foods.

Well, I'd better get some work done...lol.

Michelle

ausgram replied to bigred53's response:
Michelle and Rachael, I love to eat broccoli raw. I was eating it every single day and found my teeth were hurting. I told my dentist that and he said the teeth I'm using to chew those raw veggies weren't made to chew. The two back teeth that I'm missing were suppose to do that job, so he said to stick the broccoli in the microwave for a few seconds to get it softer and your side teeth don't have to work so hard. I didn't take care of my teeth as a teenager and paid for it after I had my kids cause they went to pot, but at least I have all my other teeth, so alls not lost. So I just skip the broccoli. As for carrots, I grate them and put them in jello along with some canned pineapple and that works out great. I don't have a problem with cucumbers, cauliflower or any of the other veggies, it was just the broc and carrots.
The reason we eat our main meal late is, cause what judy said, we are retired and we get up a little later then when we worked and go to bed later. Things change as life goes on. Ha ha.

And Kathy, I used to be able to jump into that snow and wrangle those steer but at almost 72, kinda hard to do. ha ha ha ha! You nut.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

bigred53 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie, you are too cute. I prefer broccoli cooked a bit with a little butter or some soy sauce. I don't like cooked carrots too much so when I put carrots in soups they are shredded. That jello sounds good - what flavor jello do you use - orange or lime? My grandmother used to make carrot, raisin salad with pineapple and some mayo. I haven't had any of that for too many years to count. It was my job to grate the carrots and I still have scars on a few of my knuckles...lol.

Michelle

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well isn't that just great!? I joined the wrong Dieting Club community. I should have joined the 100+ lb community, but instead joined the 50 - 10...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.