Skip to content
Where to start
blasche81 posted:
Hello all,

I am wondering, where to start. I am determind to make life changes this time. In the past, my biggest problem in the past was lack of motivation and endurance.

I would like your advice, do you suffer from night hunger? For the last 4 months, I wake up starving at 3am in the morning. I am also very sleepy during the day and have midday sleeps.

Bye, Bye

jis4judy responded:
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ladylavender responded:
Blasche, welcome! A good rule of thumb is to drink a glass or 2 of water first when you feel hungry then wait at least 20 mins. before deciding you truly are hungry. Many times when we think we are hungry, or bodies are just telling us we need hydration, and water is always the best choice.

Daytime sleepiness and midday naps could indicate possible sleep apnea and is worth investigating, and/or could just be a vicious cycle of a daytime nap preventing nighttime sleep, which I tend to do at times. In that case, forcing yourself to get through a day or so without napping may help you sleep better at night.

There is a lot of great info on this board and kindhearted, helpful folks here. Quoting Amber, "Welcome aboard!"
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

totallywiggedout responded:
Blasche, welcome to the community.
Sorry I just got back in myself, so I'm sort of late in this....

Mid day sleeping is one of my pitfalls, so sorry, can't help you there, lol... but if you find the answer let me know!

As for night hunger.... if you are REALLY hungry, eat. But make it something that will get you through the night.
Dense proteins will be the best choice for this.

a hard boiled egg and a 1" square of hard cheese

1/4 of a precooked chicken breast (tenders, made from raw, not those Banquet ones) , cold or reheated with some mustard to dip it in

1/2 of a leftover lean pork chop

or 2-3 oz strip of lean beef steak

always have a full glass of water before you break down and eat anything.... the body registers hunger and thirst the same and the brain is the culprit telling you you are hungry.
Drink first, wait 5-10 min , then if you are hungry, you'll be better able to judge just How hungry, and go on from there.

hope this helps some
huggs
kim
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a native Western New Yorker in the midst of a battle for my health whilst living abroad, away from my friends and family. I've been gainfu...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.