Crickets
ladylavender posted:
Sure is quiet around here. Is it just because it is the weekend?

Judy, or other long-timers, does this board typically go through ups and downs with the amount of conversations overall? It just seems to me that when I found this place over a year ago I found it a challenge to even keep up with the chatter and now, well, not so much.

I still remember Kim describing the place like neighbors in a cul-de-sac talking over the back fence and such. I loved her description. And I loved the liveliness of the board; that's what drew me in. I know nothing ever stays the same; I am just reminiscing a little.

I am having to make some hard decisions as a result of these wicked fractures. One revelation is seeing the need to be more aggressive with the weight loss/healthier living, and even though I don't post my daily food intake, I still rely on this board as a source of support.

I may be looking at a career change, and working from home may not be an option if I do that. My back and right knee just couldn't tolerate being on my feet all day right now, but I know it is due to my weight. Let's just say I have been doing a lot of thinking!

Thanks for "listening" to my rambles!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
yes Abby it is slow on weekends because many of our members log in from work I am retired so I log from home .
Good luck on getting a new career find something you love doing and it will be easier to get up and do it ..
sending healing thoughts your way .. BTW if you eat healthier it does help the healing process
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ladylavender replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank you, Judy!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
I feel the same way Abby. There's a big difference in the number of posters and the tone of the posts in 2014. I think that those few of us who started last year on an optimistic high, and are still here most days, aren't finding this so funny any more. It's a slog. We've had the realization that small changes aren't going to do it. It's more than giving up CAKE if we want to be healthier and pain free. We have to eat healthy foods 99 % of the time and less of them than we want. I watch the food of the regulars and I am proud of the changes that Judy has encouraged us to make and for the most part WE HAVE DONE IT! Healthy choices and fewer binges by far! But it hasn't always translated to big weight loss and that's a bummer that some of us have to deal with. Year 2 is going to be harder than year 1, but that's no reason not to show up and try. So hang in there with me please and hopefully together we will make enough changes to get rid of this knee pain and this extra weight for good. xxoo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
HI there. I couldn't agree more with you.....It's gotta be consistency in the good eating. When I do in my head that all the things I shouldn't eat are poision and all the good things are to make me better I get somewhere!!!!

Thanks for this thread Abby!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Abby. Sorry to have been MIA for such a long period. Judy is our staunch community member. No matter how long the rest of us stay quiet. She is here. Keeping the flame going and I , for one, know that it is always nice to "come home" to her glowing candle.
Judy, much appreciated. I love ya!
Is it a monetary need that is driving this career change decision? I worry that you may be taking on too much with your fractures, to also look for a different job. Your body needs to heal and emotional stressors like job hunting don't help with that very much. Be careful and do what your body needs first.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, that's how it goes with this journey or any journey, if you think about it. Starting out is always fun and exciting, then when you get to your different stops in your trip you find that the longer you stay, the more they look like where you came from...lol.
It's the SOS(same ole s---) just a different day, lol.

I have been gone awhile. I took some time just to "be". I'm turning 49 this month and I think it's a bit of a mid life crisis that I'm going through. I'm sleeping more. I haven't been exercising. I've let myself go, then kicked myself back into program... a few times since I last posted. SOS....

I have been experimenting with my intake these last couple of weeks. I have found that the more I do smoothies the better I feel.
I'm not talking just regular almond milk, banana, fruit smoothies either.
I actually rummage in my fridge for "different" combinations of fruits and veggies to try. I have found that chopped zucchini and the orange or yellow bell peppers work well with just about anything.
I have a lg ziplock of kale and spinach mixed in the freezer , as two fistfuls of that is the one thing that NEVER changes in all the smoothies.
I have done so many of these lately that I actually (finally) burned up my Magic Bullet... I panicked and went right out that night to get another, btw... It's a lot like being without my water bottle. I just couldn't fathom not being able to make a smoothie if I really wanted one

I guess what I'm driving at is , if it's boring, do something different. Even if you need to take a break.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

blondie454u responded:
Yes I am one of those that get on at work when I have time.

rohvannyn replied to blondie454u's response:
Me too, I also only post from work, when it's slow. Which hasn't been often lately. I also try to only post if I have something to contribute, or directly respond to, since I find that my responses are so frequently the last ones on the thread and I don't want to be a "conversation killer". You gals should be proud though - quiet as it is, this board is still one of the few active communities on WebMd, that isn't either dead or totally taken over by spammers. The decline happened when all the mods went away, but you've done awesome in keeping this community alive! Myself, I'll try to come up with more to contribute.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, your very presence is appreciated and your comments have always been right on point, as far as I'm concerned.
As for being a conversation killer, it just happens that you are the one that gets the last word in on a topic, lol.
I feel the same way about the mods. I wish that WebMd hadn't left us in a lurch like that. Too many people really need to have input from a qualified moderator... maybe not so much right here, but certainly in the Cancer, Diabetes or other major health concern areas, and I feel for them. Most sound so desperate for help.... that's always what WebMd stood for. At least it used to.

huggs
k
gw 135

mog1026 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, you're not a conversation killer! You just post last because you're working during during the day when we seniors are chattering away. We get our say in early, but you have a unique and thoughtful point of view and it's always good to hear it.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rachael2011 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, Your posts are thoughtful and insightful. You make us think and most definitely are NOT a "conversation killer". Remember your thread about the person you'd like to be in the future? That one stayed with me to this day, and helps me on this journey.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 295.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

sittingbull594 replied to rachael2011's response:
I find u roh to be a very endearing person! an das kim said spot on! keep comin back! Ur not a conversation killer at all
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

rohvannyn replied to sittingbull594's response:
Well hey, at least there are fewer crickets chirping! I hope those of you who are in icy or snowy areas stay safe. (Myself, I'm off to hug a big friendly cactus.)
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hey Roh, why don't you try to catch a roadrunner instead - less prick-ly than a cactus...lol!

I too appreciate your intelligence. Your comments and life observations make me think outside the box which IMO is a very good thing.

Keep on being you!!

Michelle