Skip to content
Rainbow Challenge Wednesday Feb 12 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a>

Good morning

weight in 154

No breakfast yet

Yesterday was a crazy day that ended well
I got all my shopping done but lost my credit card somewhere between the 2 stores I was at . Had to call and report it lost
went to see the doc after for my annual go over she said that my blood work was the best she has ever seen everything else was ok to
will get my mamogram next month
my biggest problem was I didn't get all my snacks in and barely got in 1200 cals

waiting for hubby to wake up to have his input on breakfast

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy responded:
Ok
Had my breakfast

1/2 c bran flakes
1/2 C honey nut Os organic cereal
1/2 C ff milk
3.1 oz strawberries
3.8 oz orange
1 c black coffee
total cals 233

Dinner plans baked Chicken breast asparagus either rice or little red potato and side salad

evening fruits nuts and yogurt

that's my plan for the day
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 responded:
Morning Judy, and all that come on.

Yesterday was a bad one regarding food and out look. It started when I ate my snacks for lunch after lunch (yogurt, banana, celery, carrots and hummus.) Then more yogurt (3 individual serving cups) after dinner...and I started drinking sangria which lead to tortilla chips and hummus and a Domino's sandwich and cheese bread. And I was far too depressed and sedentary yesterday. Weight is up to 301.0...I went back over the 300 mark which I swore I would never do. I know it's my own fault, but I was glad when the sun came up this morning to get a new shot at this.

Skipped breakfast, and will have my breakfast for lunch...apple, oatmeal, sugar free chocolate milk.

Dinner will be chicken w peppers and onion in enchilada sauce over 1C brown rice.

Don't know what the day will entail, but I don't want to repeat yesterday. I feel like I have so many foods I binge on that are healthy like the yogurts and hummus...and once I start I go from the healthier foods to the unhealthy ones. Frustrating. May take myself to a movie this afternoon. Or the mall. Somewhere out of the house. Thanks for listening.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 295.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Well, good morning(I guess)
We are iced in this AM.. under about 1/2 " of solid ice and it's been raining off and on for the last 2 hours and that is freezing as soon as it hits the ground.
OH JOY!

I'd like to get out today, since I was ill prepared for this mess, I didn't have de-icer on hand so I used all of my Morton's table salt on the back steps, lol
I am now down to Morton's Lite Salt shaker which I doubt very much is going to do much good on the new ice.
Live and learn.

As a born and bred Michigander, I am used to this and don't worry so much about driving on it, but these Southerners are very scary on bad roads so I may just stick close to home today and hope tomorrow dawns bright and warm enough to thaw us out.
As it was, I used 5 big pots of hot water to get Michael's truck door open so that I could start it early while he was getting around. Bad stuff... but at least he had his handy dandy long handled Scraper in there (which we purchased on our Christmas jaunt to Mich.) , unlike 95% of people down here, we at least have one for every vehicle now.

Breakfast today has been coffee so far, and water. I'm a bit p.o'd at myself this AM. Got the "hybernation horrors" last night.... felt like eating the fridge because of the cold. Funny thing is, it wasn't just me. Everybody here pretty much grazed the night away. I have a Big pile of dishes this AM, lol.
Anyhow, I gained just about a lb so I'm doing a couple of smoothies today to make up for my late night carbs.....
I was still smart at least, had oatmeal with blueberries which could have been a whole lot worse, I guess.

Judy, do you ever freeze your yogurt? I've gotten into this thing about sticking popsicle sticks thru my oikos lids and freezing them. It works pretty well and makes me want the family's icecream less because it "looks" like a popsicle.

Roh, I wanted to keep my mouth shut and just accept the compliments about your thinking my photo is the "new me", but sweety, in all good conscience, I can't do that.
It's a pic of my 6 year old Granddaughter, lol.
I appreciate that you thought it was me though. (what I wouldn't give to look like her) but I never really did... she's way cuter than I ever was.....Ever!

Anyhow,
breakfast is omelet made with 1 sl. deli ham, sprinkling of grated parm, 1 whole egg and 1 egg white, some baby spinach, kale and red onion, yellow pepper and mushrooms.

Lunch will be a fridge raider smoothie... whatever looks good will go in.

PM snack , 1 van. protein shake

Dinner will be 3 oz skirt steak on a mixed tossed salad w/ diced hard boiled egg , diced veggies and lf ranch dressing.

Late night "binge" snack, cause I will plan for it today...
1/2 heart healthy pita, cut into 4 triangles and baked then eaten w/ 2 T roasted red pepper hummus.

will be checking in with you guys off and on today, yesterday seemed quiet on the home front here again....

hope everyone is staying warm and healthy.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

sittingbull594 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
HI ALL

frozen yogurt eh kim?? sounds really good! I buy activia so that would be perfect.

I'm not sure what i'm having for breakfast??

lunch will be either a salad fromchick filet or a sandwich wheatthin with turkey at home.

for dinner: my daughter is making some kinda thin chicken breast and asparagus, zucchini and red baby potatoes grilled in oven.

Rachael..............Please nip it in the bud before it really does get outta hand ok? take care of yourself another way other than by eating to self soothe.

Judy, awgh loosing cc. Well at least its an easy call to make to report stolen or lost. big inconvenience. Look out cuz I just heard on the news here that kims ice is coming ur way

kim even tho u can drive on ice best be very aware cuz they're tellin people to stay in. ur due for 1" of ice today from what Colorado news states. Glad ur back kiddo!!!!
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
Ok, Rachael, I'm going to jump in here and be the first to yell at you... In print. But If I could, I'd be right there, IN YOUR FACE!

I love you. You know this, so take this and know that I'm doing this with your best interest at heart. OK?
YOU WILL SUCCEED.
That said,
1. You know you shouldn't skip breakfast. It's a recipe for disaster. You're setting yourself up to fail.

2. I want to say this to you, but there's a lot of people doing it and I want to make this clear.
Just because oatmeal or cereals for breakfast work for one person on their particular journey, it may not work for You.
I can say this from my own experience (and experimentation) . Over the last quiet month or so, I have found that if I eat oatmeal, cereals, pancakes/waffles or any other grain based breakfast, I am more hungry for the rest of the day.
I'm serious about this. I cannot eat a grain breakfast or I eat and eat HARD all day long.
Perhaps it's time to switch things up and aim for proteins and plant based carbs to start out your day.

Find what works for you. Do some of your own experimentation. Don't just follow blindly along, hoping that someone else's plan will work for you. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

3. Again, I'm seeing a whole lot of carbs. Your choices yesterday, broke down into nothing more than pure sugars. Bread, bread and more bread. All grain based choices. Did you notice?

I'm not gonna beat you up.... I'm gonna cheer you on. You can do this. I know you can. We all can.

Here's to a better day... Cheers!

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

totallywiggedout replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB.... Another 1" of ice for me, huh? Jeez, you're just a font of good news aren't you? Would you stop it?? Pleeeeeese? I simply can't take any more "good" news, lol....
as it is, Shawn White's blown chances for Gold at Half Pipe yesterday pretty much wiped the smile right off my face for this week, so , really.
jk, of course.

I concur, Judy's loss of cc is bad business. But at least she caught it fast and did the right thing in reporting it. She's right on the ball, thanks to her continued good health, she's also in better cognitive shape than most.

Sounds like your daughter is doing right by you. I'm glad you have supportive ppl around you while you are on your journey. That's always helpful.

huggs
k
gw 135

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Nonono! 1/2 inch extra for u Kim. That's not so bad yikes. Jus sayin u should stay home just like we warn Judy to be careful walking on it sb same fo u. Aww grasshopper do u listen today? Heehee. Nawe I get it jus be darn careful,,, I listen to klove here on the radio that's how I accidentally heard.

Daughter has been living w us now for appx3.5 mos. I took her up on her voucher for Xmas for 1 of the two meals she said shed do for us. She is a great support. Now to train husband over for the 20th time not to buy her and I goodies. She's thin but trying to make sure she eats as healthy as possible!

I had Judy's oatmeal for brkfst no craisins tho.

I know about Shawn white 4 th place. Yikes,, member when he first won back wen and was the flying tomato?? Love him!! Rock n roll calls him my dear. I guess we have to let him go. Sigh. Lol
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim. I have oatmeal, fruit and milk every morning, when I am doing well or doing poorly. I did notice that even binging on healthy foods for me (carrots, yogurts, hummus and peanut butter celery) begets binging on unhealthy stuff like the tortillas and the Domino's. I can't even start. Usually when I binge I am feeling tired and unmotivated and start w something not so bad. I eventually I lose control.

That all said, I may just flip flop my meals starting tomorrow. Have my dinner for breakfast and my "breakfast" at dinner time. I am curious to see if it changes anything. Usually, I eat alone as the kids are out of the house, and Will and I have opposite schedules so it won't really affect anyone but me.

Thanks for the advice. Btw, stay safe out there w all that ice!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 295.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

kalimiller responded:
Morning all.

Went to yoga last night for an hour. It's one of my favorite times of the week. I feel so accomplished afterwards.

Went to the doctor's office yesterday - I hadn't seen this doctor before (since we just moved to Texas in September) but my husband had. Anyways, my husband came with me because I needed moral support. We talked with the doctor about the problems I have been having lately with mood, sleep, etc. He thought that it would be good to try and get me on a different medication. So I made the switch today from citalopram to wellbutrin. Hopefully that will help out some. Plus, wellbutrin is a weight neutral medicine. Anyways, I'm just going to be focusing on mood for the next couple of weeks since this is a new medication. I won't just drop everything and eat chocolate and bread for every meal - but I have a more important focus for the time being.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

jis4judy replied to rachael2011's response:
Hi Rachael
You may have to avoid all those carbs entirely they sound like they are "trigger" foods for you . You might have to plan your days ahead of time then see how close you can get to the planned day . I find a lot of self talk helps of course I went a little too far last night with the self talk I didn't get enough food and that is always a mistake for me because starving myself never works ... I woke early because I was so hungry and after breakfast I did something I never do took a nap...I will be having 2 rest days in a row
Oh well live and learn
You can do this you have to make your health a priority in your life that's what it took for me
Hugs Judy

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim so sorry about that ice donlt be fooled about the experience driving in those conditions the south does not put pebbles in the tar on their roads so they are much slicker than up north ... and the south doesn't have the salt and sand trucks on the ready all winter ...
snow is easier than ice everywhere though
I have been house bound for a while now using the bike and the weight lifting and we have a new storm coming from your area tomorrow gonna dump another 9 or 10 inches of wet snow on the 2feet already on the ground this has been the snowiest winter I can remember
Oh about the frozen yogurt when I use frozen berries in the yogurt it sort of freezes the yogurt when I mix them in and it makes me feel like I am having ice cream

good luck hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hello all!!

Rachael I'm sending you lots of big cyber hugs!!! I feel so bad that you are struggling so. I wish there was some magical thing I could say that would ease your struggle.

May I suggest sitting down and having a heart to heart talk with yourself. Ask yourself why you are sabotaging yourself. Ask yourself why don't you love yourself enough to resist the siren call of those things you know in your heart are not healthy. Are you afraid of becoming slim and healthy? Are you afraid that Will won't love you anymore if you change physically? You need to LOVE yourself more than you love those unhealthy foods. LOVE YOURSELF!!! That's an order!!

I know it's not easy. I struggle all the time every day. I try very hard not to bring junk into my house or even to buy it. Hell, I almost had my son stop at Little Cesar's last night. I ended up having three regular tacos and a spicy jack quesadilla from Del Taco - 850 calories total - bringing my calories for yesterday up to about 1700. Back on track today so far. Keeping my fingers crossed regarding the rest of the day.

Even our maintainers struggle - ask them if you don't believe me. Judy, Debbie and Amber chime in and tell Rachel what you struggle with. I know Debbie has a problem with chips and for Judy it's ice cream. I don't know what Amber's trigger is but I'm sure she has at least one.

One BIG thing that really helps me is prayer. I don't know how religious you are or what you believe in but that helps me. When I reach the 'end of my rope' I turn my struggle over to God because I know He will help me.

Rachael LOVE YOURSELF!!! Every minute of every day LOVE YOURSELF!!! Even when you slip and fall and you feel like a failure you are not. LOVE YOURSELF!!!

XOXOXO

Michelle

bigred53 replied to bigred53's response:
Rachael, me again. Kim put up a new profile and it is a very good read so go and read it for yourself. Basically she says that we are worth being healthy! And we are.

Michelle

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been battling my weight since I was 3 years old. I have been on many diets and with many agencies and doctors. I am looking for support and ide...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.