Rainbow Challenge Tuesday Feb 18 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a>

Good morning

weight 154

breakfast 4.8 oz orange so far

Hubby needs to wake up for breakfast
I am sure it will be the usual
not sure what to cook today for dinner it could be boneless chicken breast with sweet potato and asparagus or I might finish off the pasta sauce in the fridg either way there will be a side salad

and the fruits and yogurt and nuts in the evening
what's your plan for today ?

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
Morning everyone!

Peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich for breakfast. With water. It's not great - but it's better than the sausage frozen breakfast sandwiches I have been having as of late.

Will have leftover spaghetti at lunch time.

Yoga tonight
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

totallywiggedout responded:
Morning Judy , Kali and all that follow.
Still not eating right and now my body is starting to protest. My feet and legs have been hurting like mad lately. Feet so bad that I can hardly stand to get up on them at all.
So today, I bit the bullet, took my meds and some bc powder and went for my mile walk.
I freaking know that it's my extra weight and my lack of exercise that's been putting this strain on my body and it's time to try to get back into some semblance of control.

So, Mile walk, 2 cups coffee, 32 oz water
Breakfast fridge raider green smoothie

AM snack was a half heart healthy pita w/ dijon, 2 thin slices deli ham, big handful of baby spinach and 3 thin slices of apple.

Lunch will be pumpkin smoothie and 1/2 c spicy roasted chick peas

gym workout, 30 min recumbant bike, 8 laps in pool and some water resistance training.

PM snack will be egg and greens

Dinner skinny sweet and sour chicken, 1/2 chicken breast, 3/4 can of skinny fruits pineapple chunks and 1 med green pepper, 3 Tblsp quinoa

PM snack 1 vanilla protein shake

I hear the East Coast is in for it again..... so sorry for you guys.

Stay warm
huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

jis4judy responded:
I keep forgetting to log my exercise
the last week I have been using the bike and I find it easier to do 20 minutes then wait a while go back and do another 15 minutes total of 35 minutes and 9.3 miles

Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
If every "over 70" person did 35 min on an exercise bike we'd have a whole lot more over 90s, lol.
Judy, you never cease to amaze me. Even with your exercising broken into more manageable time frames, it's still much more than some people half your age do.
Don't ever forget how far you've come and that you continue to improve after reaching your goal.
You are amazing.

Has "hubby" let on how he will celebrate your birthday yet? Can't wait to find out what you are getting!

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I feel awesome for over 70 it is weird but I have never been this healthy before and it feels so good

My hubby will do the same old same stuff a ring of some kind
dark chocolate , flowers and a card I can predict it better than the weather man predicting snow ..
being a Wednesday I hate going out on that day Thursday would be better next year maybe we will go out then LOL

Hugs Judy

rohvannyn replied to jis4judy's response:
Happy Birthday, Judy! I wish you many more. It's awesome how good you feel, I wish more folks knew it was possible. So many just take it for granted that they will feel bad as they age.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
thanks Roh,
I used to be one of those blaming my age for every little thing
this journey I am on changed my life completely
eating as healthy as you can does eventually make us healthier ...one meal at a time and thanks for the birthday wishes tomorrow is the big day
Hugs Judy

ausgram responded:
Goooooood evening folks. I'm here late cause we had to leave so stinkin early this morning to get to the doctor for my annual blood test. It's a piece of cake, but I hate going hungry till its over. Ha.

Nice to see you here Kim and Roh. Judy, Kim is right, you cease to amaze me too. But I am your age and I feel good, physically, just carrying too much fat on my bod. If it wasn't for that I could run threw a troop and jump over a wall. Ha ha ha! That's a song you know.

I finally decided to use Fitday web site. Everytime I got on Mdweb it either locked up on me or was so slow I didn't have time to sit here and wait on every entry. It made it so I quit keeping track. So I am starting today on it. Wow, what a shocker it was. I thought I was doing good figuring it out in my head. It dont' work that way baby. ha ha!

Kim you said: " If every "over 70" person did 35 min on an exercise bike we'd have a whole lot more over 90s, lol." You are soooooo right. I don't do 35 mins on my treadmill and since I can't walk out to the buffalo fence, I don't even walk 20 mins outside. I'm a 70 year old exercise failure.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh man. I hear you about mid week birthdays. They aren't the most advantageous of days to try to celebrate. Maybe your fave seafood place delivers???? anything to keep from going out in your weather.

I gotta say, though predictable, your hubby never forgets. Plus, a ring ain't half bad , Judy. You could do worse. My dad always sent me out for "a house coat" for my mom. I think by the time she passed she had an entire 5 ft of closet space dedicated to house coats..... rings are smaller and easier to store.
Remember that.

Next year, ask him for a tattoo. If nothing else, it'll get him thinking.

huggs
k
gw 135

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus. No one here is a failure. We are here because we want to be a success story.. true failures couldn't give a s--t if they make it.
That said, is the weather keeping you from walking to the buffalo fence? Or just not enough "oomph"?
If nothing else, sweets, do some of those chair exercises on the Resources and get moving. You'll get a bit of energy then you'll be running to that fence in no time.

huggs
k
gw 135

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I can't walk out the the buffalo fence cause our farmer plowed it up and I can't walk on those furrows. Once it all dries out Carl said he would take the tractor and make a path for me. But just about the time it starts to dry out we get just enough dusting of snow to get it wet again. Errrrr! I got that 14 min exercise you sent me by Leslie Sosone, I might have to do that again. Thanks for the encouragement my friend.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My weight has crept up on me through many years of negligence - over eating and not eating the right foods. I love fresh fruits and vegetables but I a...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.