Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling Better
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I'm, feeling better but still nauseated. I'm going to go to the Y tomorrow and work out for 45 minutes.

I'm trying to figure out what to eat that's good for my diet. I just can't figture foods then I grab anything.

I just don't know what to eat on my diet, I'm big on carbs. Some fruit and very few veg.
BB

totallywiggedout responded:
BB,
I know that you don't like a lot of veggies.... frankly, neither did I until I figured out I could drink them or oven roast them.
I think it may be time for you to start experimenting with different veggies to roast. You can use a little olive oil on the cookie sheet, roll the veggies around then sprinkle with some herbs or any of the Mrs Dash flavors without adding salt.

Roasting brings out a natural "sweetness" to all sorts of veggies. Cut Cabbage into "steaks" and try that... zucchini, onions, chick peas, green beans, carrots, radishes, brussels sprouts, parsnips, and cauliflower all taste really good roasted...better if you roast em all together in fact.

Then of course there's always big slices of eggplant with Ital seasoned tomatoes on top with some parmesean.... and of course any of the squash varieties are good.
You just have to try them. Many of us tend to say we don't like something because we didn't as a child. Our tastebuds do change and mature along with the rest of our bodies. Maybe you'll find that you don't really hate veggies at all.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

blondie454u responded:
Kim is right. I had the same issue. I just started to figure out different ways of cooking them and seasoning them so I could eat them. Now I love them.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

blondie454u responded:
Oh and glad you're feeling better!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ok I am at it again, lost track of how many times I have tried to lose weight.About 12 yrs ago I separated from my husband and started a diet of ma...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.