Skip to content
Rainbow Challenge Wednesday Feb 26 2014
kalimiller posted:

Morning everyone!!

Inspection went pretty well. There are a few things that we want the seller to fix, so we'll see how that goes.

Breakfast for me was two slices of oatnut bread at 110 calories each, 2-3 tbsp of nutella, one sliced banana. Water.

Didn't go to yoga last night - my throat hurts...I think that I've gotten what my mom and sister had.

Just wondering, what are everyone's thoughts on soy milk vs dairy milk?

-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Kali \

thanks for starting this today I slept late
weight 154

Breakfast
Oatmeal with cranberries apples almonds
cooked in ff milk and honey
had half an orange
total calories 320

Dinner is likely to be boneless chicken breast with broccoli and sweet potato side salad
evening will be nuts fruit and yogurt

I tried soy Kali and I didn;t care for it I have a problem with lactose so I buy fat free lactaid milk
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh yeah, I forgot to post my weigh in. I was at 191.2 this morning - same as yesterday morning.
-Kali

totallywiggedout responded:
Kali, I personally stay clear of most soy products. They contain PhytoEstrogens which act just like the female hormones in your body. Men who tend toward largeness and do a lot of soy because it's supposed to be healthy, are the ones that get "moobs" .
Here's a fact for you. Soy was pushed as the miracle plant food because it has quite a lot of protein. So when the beans get processed they leave behind the "byproducts". These byproducts are so nasty that it's illegal to put them in food livestock feed because it makes animals sick. They can't digest it properly. BUT nevertheless, there is still money to be made with the byproducts, and the farmers want all the money they can get, so the FDA approved this crap for Human consumption. Many many of our foods now have soy byproduct in them. Doesn't make it healthy though. Read up on it. Scary stuff.
Go with soy if you want, but read up and get informed first.
IMHO....
Try Almond milk. It's natural , non dairy and costs the same as soy. I always use the vanilla, unsweetened now, it's really good on cereal and works well in all smoothies and just to drink.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I'm following the Rainbow......tra la tra la....

Trying to get awake this am is sort of a drag

2 lg cups cocoa coffee
water....
Breakfast egg 1/2 pita

AM Snack, 1/2 c ff cottage cheese w/ 1/4 c sf apple pie filling

Lunch, Warm chicken salad again w/ all the fixings and rasp vinegrette

Gym workout, 30 min recumbant bike, 30 min pool workout
and a ton of dishes by hand....grrrrr

After workout snack, vanilla protein shake w/ chias

Dinner, 1 fillet cheesey tilapia, oven crisped ranch zucchini slices (1 whole zucchini), roasted green beans

Late Snack, 1 banana Chobani w/ 1/3 C blueberries

Quite cold here, windy and rainy and blah...good day to go back to bed, which I am seriously contemplating, lol

huggs to all
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks. I haven't taken the time yet to read up on almond or soy milk but plan to once things settle down a little bit. DH drinks whole milk and since I moved back to Texas I have been drinking skim milk with my family again. Once it's just him and me though, I want to keep not drinking whole milk. It's good, but I don't want to be drinking all of those extra calories. I'm trying to decide what I want to do instead.
-Kali

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Good Morning everyone, now this is the time I like getting up. I feel rested and like I could clean this house from top to bottom. Ha.

Weigh-In 187 and that's with my night clothes on. I think once it starts warming up I will go back to just my underpants on again. Now ain't that interesting. ha ha ha!

Brkfst - 1 banana, 1 cup of joe

I don't know what I'll be fixing for lunch but for supper I will have oatmeal and fruit.

As for soy, I tried it several years ago. I don't like it. We use 2% milk. I only drink about 1/2 cup a day on my oatmeal. As for almond milk, I tried it at my daughters and yummy. More like a dessert. ha ha. But I won't buy it, too expensive and I probably wouldn't drink it all by the time it expired.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

rachael2011 responded:
Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been on lately. I have been working a lot and also my son came to live with me for a while as of last Thursday. This has been a joy, but he doesn't want to stay. He wants to move in with a friend and get a job in MD (we are southern PA). He was in jail due to a probation violation (DUI) for 4 months and it has been really hard to see. But now he is home and trying to get his life back on track. Emotionally these months have been hard, and I haven't done too well re my eating. I know that sound like an excuse. Now the only drawback for us is going out to eat which needs to be limited for both nutritional and financial reasons. Today, I shopped and got a lot of produce which was OK quality considering it's winter and chicken.

AM weight was 301.6.
Breakfast was an apple and 1 1/2 C skim milk w sugar free syrup. (I knew we were going out to lunch with my Dad).

Lunch was a gyro omelet, 2 pieces wheat toast and a serving of hash browns.

Dinner will be 1C wheat pasta, canned tomatoes, onion and chicken breast w old bay seasoning. Also a side salad w romaine and carrots and vinegar and oil.

Snack will be cottage cheese and strawberries.

I need to get back on track. I know I have been saying that for months. Eventually this will stick. I am on my way to planet fitness to do 35 minutes on the treadmill.

Btw, I like regular skim milk. I like to have it every morning to increase my protein intake with my oatmeal/ fruit. Just like the taste of it
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 295.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
Am skipping the pasta tonight as the pieces of chicken breast are rather large.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 295.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

bigred53 replied to rachael2011's response:
Hello all!! Happy to see you Rachael!!!

These are my thoughts on cow's milk. Humans are the only animals that consistantly drink the milk of another species. Think about it. After infancy and childhood people lose the ability to digest/absorb cow's milk properly. I'm not saying I don't have any milk products. I have yogurt almost every day and I do love cheese but I don't eat much of it. I had a cup of milk about a month or so ago to go with my McDonald's oatmeal. Rarely if we go out to breakfast I will have a glass of milk but I really can't remember the last time I did that - of course it could be an age related memory problem...lol.

I have my monthly meeting tonight and I know there will be some really good refreshments. The wonderful lady who is bringing them is also diabetic so whatever she brings is usually fat free and sugar free and absolutely divine. So, that will be my dinner.

I had the usual yesterday - I'm so boring (sometimes). For dinner I caved and got the five piece wings from McDonald's - 480 calories without any sauce (I looked it up) and a side salad with basalmic dressing. I ate very slowly and savored every bite of those wings. I didn't really get full but I was satisfied. I hear you Judy and Kim "Michelle, stay away from the processed and junk food!!!" Look at it this way - I could have gotten the 10 pack of wings...lol. If I had I know I would have had heartburn for days from the oil.

Rachael, don't feel bad. My 'diet' would have gone all to hell if it had been my son. Our kids being grown doesn't stop or lessen the worries. Just keep doing the best that you can under the circumstances. Sending lots of hugs your way!!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

XOXOXO

Michelle

ladylavender replied to bigred53's response:
I've reiterated that, too, about cow's milk - humans are the only mammals that continue drinking milk after weaning, and another mammal's at that.

I used to drink soy milk, but the reason I have switched to unsweetened almond milk is because of the GMOs (genetically modified organisms) that are so prevalent with soy beans now. I realize it's hard to avoid all the chemicals, antibiotics, and who knows what in our food these days without getting very serious about organic farming, but I do what I can, and that was an easy switch for me.

I never drank a lot of any milk-type product to begin with and never concerned myself about phytoestrogens. In fact, I used to buy an over-the-counter plant-based estrogen cream that helped crankiness and "night sweats" a few years ago.

FYI - Soy or almond milk typically last longer than cow's milk before expiring.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.