Skip to content
Hello, I just joined
habibi_ya_nour_el_ein posted:
Hello, I just found this page today and it looked helpful.

I am going slow and steady in my weight loss, but glad it is loss

One question I do have is, if I want to work out once, can I do it any time in the day? or should I wait till I have finished all my meals??
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
the best time for anyone is when they will do it I like the mornings about an hour after breakfast some of the ladies do there workouts before breakfast and other in the evening after work the idea is to get it in any time you find most comfortable ..
I just finished my workout for today
20 minutes of weight lifting and 20 minutes of recumbent bike
My usual is walking in the neighborhood 1 Hour but I have been favoring my right ankle so I am doing what I can ...
the weight lifting is only 2 times a week the bike or walking is daily with 1 day of no intentional exercise
this works for me find what works for you and just do it !!!

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

An_251552 replied to jis4judy's response:
is it ok to eat like right after the workout?
and is it ok if i smoke?

I normally do cardios in the gym for 1 hour
and 30min or so on weights.
I havent checked the scales in three weeks

kalimiller replied to An_251552's response:
It's really up to you when you want to work out and eat.

Usually after I workout I don't feel particularly hungry, just thirsty. I would say to be cautious of eating right after a workout and overeating b/c your body is thirsty. If there is no other time to eat, then that's fine. If you are going to eat right after a workout, I would try to eat slowly with sips of water between each bite.

As for smoking, that's a personal preference. Of course, it is bad for your lungs and can make it harder to exercise. I've never smoked and am definitely not an expert on the subject. I'm not sure either if any of these ladies on the site have smoked or not. I'm not sure it has come up. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this subject will chime in.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

kalimiller replied to kalimiller's response:
That's just my opinion. Everyone has different things that work for them. You just have to find what works for you. Maybe it works best for you to eat right after a workout. Maybe it doesn't. This takes experimenting because everyone's body is different.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

brokeinside replied to kalimiller's response:
thanksKali, Ive been working out for three weeks, I eat 1 proper meal a day after my wokout, then I survived the day by drinking and sometimes eating fruits or soup thats available in our cafe.
and when I go home I eat nothing then I wake upvery early in the morning looking for food Id just eat banana or sweet potato.
I've been on a fish and veggie diet for a week, thanks to banana I have all the energy I need to workout even if i dont eat much but Im afraid if I go on like this for another month or more Im not sure if tit wil be healthy or probably I will end up in an emergency room

jis4judy replied to An_251552's response:
If you have not started smoking don't start it is bad for your health and can cause a lot of damage
about eating after a workout I am like kali I get thirsty after my workout ...
I have a sister that likes to walk before breakfast and she eats after her workout we all have schedules that we like I found it helpful to make a cut off time I have been using 8 pm as my no food after that time ... only water and tea after 8 pm that helps me because I was a night eater..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

An_251552 replied to jis4judy's response:
I smoked for more than a year but I quit and get during that time, recently I really want to quit so I switched on an ecigarette but since Im dealing with too much stress after 2 weeks i started smoking again.
Im sorry I need to appear anonnymous.
I havent been here in a while, I've gone through so much,
I experienced that super typhoon on november that hit the philippines, our office was destroyed terriby, nothing left with my stuff. Luckily I survived

rohvannyn replied to An_251552's response:
An_251552, I'm glad you are okay. Don't worry about being anonymous, do whatever you need to feel comfortable. My heart went out to the Phillipines when the typhoon hit, and one of my company's office buildings (in Leyte) was destroyed as well. The whole roof was ripped off!

As far as smoking, best of luck with that. Good nutrition will help your stress level and also help you manage cravings. My spouse finally quit smoking, after about twenty times trying over twenty five years, when she increased her nutrition. It definitely can be done.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

blondie454u responded:
Welcome!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

An_251552 replied to rohvannyn's response:
thanks Roh, I and my other co workers stayed in the company's building for almost 2 weeks which is Leyte as well. I was at the office, I kept taking calls while the wind is blowing so hard outside, i needed a dsitraction from the other agents crying and very worried about their family left at home. our bosses left 3 days after the typhoon. and I am pretty sure it is the same company we are talking about because it is the only call center in Leyte we thank you all for the heart warming help we have received.

I smoke twice or once a day during my shift. I completely forget about it on weekedns though. smoking makes a very relevant difference. I've been in the gym everyday spends more or less 2 hours a day, it just not enough though

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi habibi! Welcome to our community.
I'm an afternoon exerciser, mostly. I have my lunch then from around 2pm till about 4pm or so, I'm at the gym.

Sometimes I'll take a morning walk of a mile also, sometime between 7am and 8 am.

I'm a protein believer. So I do a low cal protein shake , sometimes with Chia Seeds added, right after the afternoon workout. But I push proteins and throughout the day for my journey, which works best for me.

huggs
kim
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

totallywiggedout replied to An_251552's response:
An, lol, you know the answer to the smoking. No, it's NOT OK to smoke. I for one will not beat around the bush and give you the ok for that.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

rohvannyn replied to An_251552's response:
Well, hello from the states then... we may have spoken at some point! I wanted to give a personal thank you for all the hard work you do. I cried when I saw the photos... and I hope the help we sent from our office made some difference. Good job on working out. Building a little muscle does help burn more calories as you probably know, so every bit helps.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

habibi_ya_nour_el_ein replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank you for replying and ok, cool I wasnt sure if there were better times

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 21. In November of 2010 I tipped the scales at 280 lbs. I was depressed because of me weight. With my wedding coming up in June 2011, I knew I ne...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.