Skip to content
evil sugar
jis4judy posted:
I think I found out whats causing my hungry horrors
It is those little sugar bombs my hubby has been buying
I wasn;t even hungry and had a total of 1350 cals yesterday
I was walking into the family room to watch TV and there were those butterscotch candies I was pssing by Thought into head I can have 1 of those there is room in my calorie allowance . well that was a huge mistake after eating it I was ravenous ate 2 handfuls of mixed nuts
and here it was after my cut off time .. I would have showed a loss if I had not thought about those nasty sugar bombs . I must be stong and resist sugar in all forms
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

An_255730 responded:
You can do it Judy. You have the best will power of all. Plus football season is over so no football jumping jacks either. If he has to have them have him put them in a place not so obvious. HUGGS Jean

jis4judy replied to An_255730's response:
Hi Jean
I had a talk with him told him what happened with one candy making me ravenous.. so he put them away in a place where he can get them if he feels like eating them

My hubby is very understanding
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Ha ha ha, sugar bombs? That's funny. You think that makes you crave more stuff to snack on? Cause at 7 I had my final eat of the day, oatmeal with fruit in it and saw those chocolates, thought, I'll just have one. I did but then I wanted more, so I had a bowl of popcorn, that didn't satisfy me so I had a big handful of trail mix. Then I was mad when I went to bed knowing at ate too much. Errrrr!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Ausie you probably have the same reaction to the chocolates
because I was still hungry after I ate those mixed nuts and just had a talk with myself about it .. How does one go from not hungry at all to ravenous after eating 1 Butterscotch
sounds crazy to me
Hugs Judy

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy, Good question. when we eat refined sugar it spikes our blood sugar, then when our blood sugar drops we crave more sugar.

Hugs
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Yes laura Good to see you posting again

sugar does it's damage that's for sure
I wasn't hungry for more sugar though it was mixed nuts
that still didn't satisfy me . after indulging in them
It was right after the candy ingestion the hungry horrors set in My body barely had any chance to get a rise from it . very strange tonight I am not hungry so I am staying away from any nibbles of any kind .. Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to a great guy, my soul mate I believe. I am the mother to three adult children and three stepchildren. We all lived in the same house at...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.