Skip to content
Rainbow Challange, March 2, 2014
ausgram posted:

Hope this is rainbowish enough.

No one here yet so thought I would shock everyone and get this started.

Weigh-in opps forgot. I was sick all night. I think from the shrimp I ate. I hardly ever have it and when I eat stuff I don't normally eat my stomach retaliates.

Breakfast - 1 banana, 1 cup of joe

Lunch - out at Cope. probably roast mashed potatos, veggie and salad.
Hope everyone has a good day.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 responded:
Is there chopped liver in there Aussie? Vegetarians will rise up and revolt! Seriously congrats on the start cause I wouldn't be able to post a picture of my ankle! (Favorite body part ) How was the shower? Any Chip n Dale dancers? I plan to try a lot harder today. I'm still eating the same things, it must still be too much tho cause the scale is not cooperating!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
Good morning ladies
Aus thanks for starting this I slept late again
I watched a thing on TV a Dr Furman was preaching my Nutrition first speech It was quite interesting to hear it from a doctor ..on PBS

weight 153.5

breakfast:
1/2 C bran flakses
1/4 c raisin bran
1/2 C ff milk
2 oz strawberries
4.2 oz orange
1 c black coffee

plan for today

walking 1 hour

Dinner
baked chicken breast
spinach
tiny red potato
side salad

2 C green tea

maybe an apple or pear

the yogurt and berries and pistachios for supper

yesterday was my first full hour walk for a while I also did some push ups using the counter in the kitchen and planks 2 of then only could hold them 30 seconds I used to be able to hold one for over a minute
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I've watched the Furman special also Judy and I downloaded his book. I like his message because its a lot like yours except his plan is very stringent and I don't think many people could follow it. I know I never could. PBS should put you on during pledge week!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Yes Kathy his version is very hard to follow I may make that salad dressing or experiment with some in my blender to see if it is any good .. He advocate zero processed foods that's kind of hard to follow reading labels to get the best processed food choice is my way the less processing the better ...
I am not famous and have no books to sell so I would be a bad money maker for the PBS station
I do like to get my fats from avocados and nuts though and I am avoiding sugar
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
There are some people on the Diet Debate board who follow Fuhrman and Ornish type ways of eating. Both are supposed to reverse heart disease. Webmd used to have an Ornish board years ago. Very interesting stuff.

Michelle

jis4judy replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Michelle eating as healthy and as close to the Fuhrman diet
can probably reverse heart disease I know my Nutrition quest took away the asthma I had since I was a baby
I had what was called chronic asthma for many years I accepted that and dealt with it as well as I could It was the losing of vision that's got me started on a nutrition quest
after being on my quest approx. 3 years that;s when the asthma went away It was getting easier to control earlier in the quest But I stopped buying medicine after 3 years on plan
So there is truth to eating healthy improving your health
Hugs Judy

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
A very healthy menu Judy!
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

bigred53 replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura it's good to see you. How's everything?

Michelle

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
update tiny red potato turned out to be brown rice with mushrooms instead

Had apple with peanut butter

yogurt and berries NO pistachios today

just under 1300 cals
everything else was as planned
Hugs Judy

justmejust replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Michelle, good to see you again too. Can't remember the last time I saw you here! Been busy with work. And how have you been?
Hugs
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 and a mother of 1 year old ....I currently am 146 lbs while just 3 years ago I used to be 99 lbs ....I want to get my old self back sooo badly...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.