Good morning

weight 153

Breakfast

1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 C great grains
4.1 oz orange
2.7 oz strawberries
1/2 c ff milk

will be going shopping today so the plan will be on hold till I replenish the food supply

Hugs Judy
I
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Morning Judy, Judy!! Always nice to come and get encouraged on here.

Weigh-In 187

Brkfst - 1 banana, 1 cup joe

Lunch - sm hamburger from BK

Supper - Cereal.

When I was walking yesterday I was thinking, "Judy walks for an hour, I don't know how she does it or when and how she started." Then the wind came up and I quit. Only walked 1/3 of a mile. Not even 10 mins. Urrr
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Oh Ausie you have to dress in layers if you go out in the cold especially with wind chill
believe it or not I started very slowly and built strength as I went along ...
try doing at least 20 minutes then increase to 30 and so on
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
I have been so very busy, lately. I'm sorry for my absences. I hope you all are doing well on your journeys.
Monica has had some Braxton Hicks, false labor pains... found to be another of her more serious bladder infections. But , it was still a night spent in the hospital.
Michael sort of jumped the gun on me, and signed me up for my first actual scuba diving course "as a surprise". Surprise, surprise.... this coming weekend.
I was aiming for sometime in early April for this, so I feel a bit cramped for time to study the books and video, which came with the prepayment for class.
But, I already had some things scheduled for this week... Sasha to vet to get stitches out, yesterday.... My birthday present, spa day... all day, today, which I am in the process of seriously stressing over.... and trying to find a substitute belated birthday present for my oldest son, Tyler, since JCPenny accepted my order, took my cc money, but two days later decided to let me know that everything, Literally Everything, I ordered is backordered until mid March. Grrrrr.

I'm ranting and wasting time. I don't really want to go to this spa visit. I don't like things that take me so far out of my natural element. Being pampered, and probably touched in the expected ways, is seriously WAY out of my element.
But it was Michael's and the Boy's gift to me and was too exp. to just blow off.
I can't believe I'm complaining about being spoiled, but , there it is. And I'm scared and uncomfortable with it. Almost to the point of tears.

coffee and a protein shake for breakfast.

a "light lunch" is served with my spa day , so I have no idea what that will entail...
The receptionist says it'll be "all day", starting at 10am, so I don't know if I'll get to work out at all...
I think Michael wants to see "Son of God" tonight, so maybe a movie.. will stay away from the popcorn and frozen drink.

No idea about dinner....
I'm telling you. This day is so "up in the air" I feel like I'm living in a Hot Air Balloon.

I surely hope you guys have a wonderful, PLANNED day.
Do only what you are comfortable with.... as I can honestly say, pressure sucks.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

kalimiller responded:
Hey everyone. I haven't been posting much. Still a little sick, but MUCH much better than I have been. We just need to get repairs on our house and then since the contract in about a week and a half (well, 9 days or 10 days). Woohoo!

Sorry about the spa, Kim. I would feel uncomfortable too. I've never gotten a manicure or anything like that...I don't know that I ever will...good luck!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Judy, Aus, Kim and Kali...and everyone else who comes on!

Kim- I tried the spa last year and liked the nails part, but really didn't like the massage/ facial part. The lady was very nice, though, and understood my nervousness. Chalk it up to an experience, and something that you tried. Let us know your take on it!

Kali- I am glad you are feeling a bit better. I know you are looking forward to the house.

AM weight 302

Yesterday, I broke down and bought a Ben and Jerry's pint, and 3 smallish cookies. Because of this I dropped the pasta from my dinner and had spinach and chicken. I put a bit of shredded cheese in the spinach and it was very good. The funny thing is, in retrospect, I didn't enjoy the ice cream nearly as much as I though I would. I need to remember that the next time I break down.

For breakfast I had my diced apple oatmeal w sweetener and cinnamon, w 1.5C chocolate skim milk. I have been out of my sugar free syrup and have been using my son's regular stuff.

Lunch will be a Subway steak and egg white sandwich and a tangerine.

Dinner will be at Ruby Tuesday. I plan on getting the soup (chicken chili) and salad (all the veggies with blue cheese dressing).

That's the plan keeping my calories under 1500. Today is my doctors appt. Wish me luck!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 295.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Interesting that none of us are enthusiastic about a spa day. I'm with you Kim, not my sort of thing....but maybe they'll change your mind. Let us know how it goes. I'm not big on being touched by people I don't know, but maybe our trepidation has something to do with body image?

I'm well aware I haven't been talking about my food lately. I'm gabbing about everything else. I've been off the scale and out of the calorie counting business. I haven't had any binges and I've stayed away from sweets except for a little very dark chocolate. I'm hanging in there. But it's still so helpful to be here to keep from losing it.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
gee Kim you sound almost too busy .. about the spa I am not fond of being touched by strangers myself ... I don't even like new doctors touching me ...
I have had my finger nails done and the toes too the finger nails were fine I didn;t like my feet being touched LOL
Do the best you can with your choices kiddo and sail through this tough week
Hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Hello ladies!! A spa day sounds wonderful to me. Especially if it was a gift or free. I would love a massage, a facial and a mani/pedi. I'd love to have the nerve to get waxed all over but I doubt I would ever do that...lol. I'm not big on showing my lady bits even to my darling doctor.

I had my usual work food yesterday. For dinner I had a chicken salad sandwich on wheat and some macaroni salad - I thought I was starving. I probably would have been better off calorie wise having two sandwiches. I'm craving beef but I really don't want a hamburger. Maybe I can convince my son to go to Spunky Steer for dinner and get one of their bacon wrapped filets - YUM! So far I'm on track with my usual work fare. I guess I could get a protein burger from In-n-Out. It's one of their famous bugers wrapped in lettuce. Decisions, decisions.

Kathy you don't have to post your food every day or at all because we all know you and we all know that you want to lose the weight. You do, however, need to confess your binges (my opinion only). I know you're trying and that's what matters to me. To me it sometimes seems so boring to post virtually the same food every day, except for my dinners. Ho-hum, right? Maybe one of these days I'll have some new and exciting diet friendly food to post about...lol.

I got the cutest shoes at Wal-Mart last month - two pairs - black and a pretty coral. They kind look like they're crocheted. I haven't worn them yet but since the temps are supposed to be back into the 80's within the next few days they will be going on my feet.

That's all for now. I'll check back later.

Michelle

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh my goodness, can't you explain to them that you just can't go to the spa. I hope my kids never do that to me. I already told them I don't ever want a gift like that. They better have listened to me. sorry Kim if you have to go. Maybe you have a friend you can give it to. Oooboy, well, let us know what you do. Poor girl. My daughter loves them and so does my dau in law. My granddaughter is going to school to learn that. I told her I will never be her model. ha ha. She said when she practices on her little boy, 16 months old, he just lays there and laughs. Ha ha. Oh well, good luck Kim.

I did good on my lunch today. I had about 1 oz of chicken and cabbage and 1/4 cup of rice. And now I'M HUNGRY.

Guess I'll go get some yogurt. Booo.

Got my walk in, but I'll not worry about walking for a mile. Thanks Judy, I'll start out slow, like 5 mins a day. If next year I'm still walking just 5 mins get after me. ha ha ha!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy responded:
update

Dinner was steak with mushrooms small baked russet potato with ff sour cream broccoli side salad

I had 1 cup tea white tea with pomegranate flavoring

1 small Banana

2 oz pistachio nuts in shell

chobani yogurt plain fat free with frozen cherries and a T low fat coconut

1 ounce mixed nuts
1 square dark chocolate
4 wheat thin crackers
total cals 1542

walk was 1 H 5 Min

Hugs Judy

ladylavender replied to ausgram's response:
I'm with the majority of you here - spa day - shiver! I like manicures or pedicures, especially pedicures, but no way facials or back massages. Neck massages are useful, though, when I have tight muscles...

Kathy, I have been avoiding the scale lately, too. I keep falling back into nighttime eating, one of my downfalls.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mom of 3 ages 22, boy 21, girl and 12 girl.. I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and am hoping to lose weight so that I can be off these...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.