Breakfast
2.3 oz orange
3.8 oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 C raisin bran
1/2 C ff milk

Dinner today will be boneless skinless chicken breast again
spinach salad maybe a tiny red potato steamed

will be doing some housework today and a walk the walk I will do first then the housework

Gee Kim didn;t report in for a few days I hope that spa day didn't get her hooked

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Morning Judy. Thanks for your encouragement yesterday. Maybe your right about my body is holding everything cause it thinks its going to starve. What a dumb body. Sheesh! I need to walk more too. I did some vacuuming yesterday and said, "Welp, that's enough exercise for the day." I gotta quit that and still go on my walk. Right Judy?

opps, better post my weigh in - 187

Breakfast: 1 tangerine, 1 cup of joe

Lunch: hamburg fried with mushrooms, mashed pot, veggie, salad.

Supper: Oatmeal - I use the old fashion oats and only use a 1/2 cup which makes a good bowl full and I add berries and about 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup half and half.

Kathy I'm sorry your having such a struggle. Please try to get a hold of it before your my age, it gets harder to lose the older you get. But hang in there, I'll probably go down in the grave "ON A DIET". HA HA!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy responded:
yes walking first house work after

my walk gives me energy to do more house work
the old fashioned oats are best so you are good on that
more green vegies and less mashed potato might help
Hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie you are so cute! You're right the older you get the harder it is to lose weight.

I suggest ditching the cream in your oatmeal. I know how yummy it is because I love it too. I admit I'm hooked on coffee creamer but I'm using less and less. I really want to get off caffeine but that is a process.

I don't think mashed potatoes are so bad but it does depend on how you fix them. With cream and butter - no. If you use chicken broth and good seasoning then I think a smaller portion is fine.

May I also suggest adding a fat free Greek yogurt to your breakfast and your evening oatmeal. I love the Lite-n-fit peach flavor. The blueberry is good too. One container is 80 calories and I forget how much protein but more than other yogurts.

I also think you're doing the right thing by eating your biggest meal in the middle of the day like Judy does.

Aussie it's a lot of experimentation and determination to figure out what works best for you. You'll get there. I know what I'm doing now seems to be working - my clothes are continuing to get looser including bras and panties. I know I'll probably have to modify things down the road and that's to be expected. Keep trying and experimenting and before you know it those pounds will start falling off.

Michelle

mog1026 replied to bigred53's response:
Aussie at 65 the clock is ticking and the alarm is going off for me. I don't know how much harder it can get! I had a tear fest this morning about the whole mess and I can only pray that I finally GET IT and won't backslide any more ever again. You can worry about the headstone and I'll worry about the poor pallbearers! So far so good again today. One day at a time is the best we can do right? I have been paying attention to your menus and have been really surprised for a while that your weight hasn't dropped. You have had great self control with the calories but maybe Judy is right and you have to take it up a bit. That won't be too hard to do!

Michelle, I got some fit and lite blueberry today on your recommendation. I'm trying to let up on the sandwich addiction for lunch every day.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

An_250579 replied to mog1026's response:
hi judy, I am going join this group also, I always had weight after the babies, hard to loose and having synthroid everyday, so much water retention all the time. I am going to start south beach diet from tommorow for 2 weeks, then gradually going to start walking. I really encouraged by you guys. Awesome!! I was in other webboard, they are very mean talks about other people, got so much stress out of it, finally found this one helpful.

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy have you dried your tears? I know it gets frustrating. How can it not especially when you feel that you've been trying so hard. Maybe you should only weigh once the week. You might be surprised. Look at it this way - I still have more weight to lose than you do and I've already lost somewhere around 100 pounds.

I hope you like the yogurt. There is nothing wrong with sandwiches. Try the Orowheat double fiber bread and pile on the lettuce for some good crunch. Only use mustard unless you don't like it. And watch out for the cheese. The low fat ones are not bad on a sandwich.

Judy is a great example and gives good advice but we need to remember that she has been on her journey for over 10 years. I've been losing slowly for a long time but it has been in the past year that I've been trying harder. I know that the more I lose the less I can eat and eventually I've got to start walking. I am kind of lazy sometimes especially when it comes to exercise. Nobody has to tell me that I need to.

Kathy you're lucky that you have a supportive husband and so is Judy. Aussie's hubby is a picky eater. Kim cooks for herself and a household that seems to eat differently than she does. That would not happen in my house. I would fix a meal and if someone didn't like it either they didn't eat or they fixed their own. Yes I can be tough. I never fixed different meals for my son and as a result he is not picky and is willing to try different things. Guess I'll get off my soapbox for now. ..lol.

My point was that without the support of your loved ones losing weight is more difficult. Keet and Jean don't have their husband's support and that's a crying shame imo. In a way that makes me glad that I live alone and don't have to worry about someone else bringing temptations home. Boy if I did and they didn't respect me enough to try to help me I would be kicking ass and taking names. Btw I've got quite a temper when I've reached that 'last straw' moment. They would wish they'd never brought the crap in my house. ..lol. It's probably a good thing I'm not married or living with someone.

Sorry about the book ladies. It just really gripes me when someone supposedly loves you but they won't help you be healthy. Grrrr.....

Xoxox

Michelle

justmejust replied to An_250579's response:
Here is my food today.
.3 cup Rice, brown, long-grain, cooked
.3 cup Peas, edible-podded, boiled, drained, without salt
.3 cup Beans, black, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt
Small Carrot
Cup Milk, nonfat, fluid
Tsp Peanut butter
2 grams Flax seeds
1 Bread, whole wheat
half Banana, raw
2 Walnuts
1 Cookies, chocolate chip, prepared from recipe, made with butter
Cup Coffee
.5 cup Oatmeal, cooked, regular
2plus servings Wafers with Peanut Butter
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

YES Michelle! I HAVE dried my tears. I am remotivated and this time I won't backslide because my DH is the gatekeeper and he is tough because he could eat cardboard and be happy. What I did yesterday was spend 3 hours watching the old HBO special on The Weight of our Nation. I was particularly inspired by 2 gals in their early 60's who got 100 lbs off and kept it off just like our superstars. They still weigh and journal everyday. They didn't exercise until the weight came off, but now they walk constantly. Also there was an older judge who decided to have bypass and then had 7 more operations to correct the complications, and the doctors didn't make any errors. The doctor said one in 300 die and that sounds okay unless it is YOU! The judge was still happy that he did it and he had taken off 100 lbs. where there's a will there's a way!

Milton, Paradise Lost

Alright Kathy! ! For me the biggest/hardest part of losing weight is the mental part. Wrapping my head around what I know I need to do and then making those changes. Then there's the difficulty of versus the desire to stay with the program/project. I lost over 100 pounds in my late 20's. I was sick and tired of being fat. I kept it off for about five years. I had a very stressful job at the time and reverted to comfort eating. Then I HAD to lose weight before I could get my hip replacement. I gained that back fast. This time it has taken a lot longer but I feel more comfortable and confident that for me the slow way is the better way. I don't even try to be perfect. I try to be better. I'm kind of like yes I had pizza. Not the healthiest/best thing. I don't have it every day or even every week. This has been an anomaly for me. I probably won't have pizza again for six months. And I take most of the day to eat it. Actually I'm damned near perfect during the week. ..lol.

Kathy I'm so excited and happy that you feel rejuvenated and remotivated! If there is any way I can help keep you feeling like this I'll give it my best shot. After all we are all here to help each other and ourselves. We're all fighting for a healthier life.

Xoxox

Michelle

Yea Michelle! I'll take all the help and enthusiasm I can get! This board needs it because its too much to ask Judy to do it alone! She's like the lighthouse beacon on the stormy sea. We all have to keep finding our own motivation but it's so much easier to keep going with a cheerleader I'm starting again but at least I'm 15 lbs lower than I was when I started last year so there's the bright side. I now know its not enough to change what you eat, I think I have to cut down portions, a lot! And starches, a lot. And dried fruit, a lot. And fruit smoothies, a lot. I was eating these every day, and even tho it was certainly healthier than my previous ice cream, cookies and chips ....a calorie is still a calorie . It's important for me to pay attention to what the winners eat. Debbie is also a champ and I think she is even stricter than Judy. In my heart I know that's the only way to succeed for a lifetime.

Milton, Paradise Lost

Kathy remember to love yourself all the time even when you might fall off the wagon. Never think of yourself as a failure! None of us are failures! We have some mis-steps or little stumbles. As long as we don't fall flat on our faces. ..

I hear you about the dried fruit. I love dried apricots, mango and pineapple. I very rarely buy any because it's hard for me to stop. I'm a food addict and just like an alcoholic it's best if I don't have any. Remember the old Lay's potato chips commercial? "Bet you can't eat just one. " That's me to a T. Or you could call me 'Mikey' because I'll eat anything. ..lol.

Let's all become cheerleaders for each other and ourselves! !

Although this post may be directed to Kathy it is for everyone and me too. I find that when I offer encouragement, suggestions and support it helps me just as much.

I hope we all can continue to help one another.

Xoxox

Michelle

parakeet210 replied to bigred53's response:
I haven't beenon here much because of pain in hands and wrists and depression cuz im so fat and keep celebrating things with food. all good occasions for celebrations but...
Kathy thank you for writing how its going for you and trying to take the heat off judy too!
I will try to be here more often and see if I ccan with hands. i'm typing a lot tonight cuz frankly my dears I don't give a damn if it hurts more or not!!!
Michelle, thank you for your reponses to this thread especially the last one. often if I get little response to my stuff then I just pretend that you and the others are writng to me and I try to get it that way.
I will try to be more supportive! and be here. sometimes I just really can't type cuz I have tosave it for work....

huggers to all you lassies
fran
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Tweety, the celebrations derailed me too starting last fall....a wedding, birthday, thanksgiving. Christmas all in a row. It was goodies all the way because I was finally having some fun and making up for what I saw as 10 months of miserable deprivation. We have to find another way of celebrating and not think of food as a reward. FUEL FUEL FUEL! Make yourself stop RIGHT NOW! If you can stay away from the junk for a day, the next day is much easier. If you get in control of one thing, food, the pain will seem easier to manage until you get a cure. At least I find that to be true. The worst is to be overwhelmed with issues you can't or aren't controlling. Hang in there Tweety. We ARE listening.

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
thanks Kathy. thanks all for listening. yeah tho I dindt have a wedding we had the divorce which is finally over and really all onsideered in 3 mos that aint bad
im havin veggies today to kinda clense

glad you've dropped 1.5 EXCELLENT KEEPUP THE GOOD WORK!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.