Skip to content
Trainer
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Has anybody gotten a trainer at a gym before? I go to work out but don't feel like I'm getting my all. So I was thinking of hiring a trainer. I can hire one for 3 sessions for an hour each time for 100.00. Should I go for it or am I wasting my money.
Jayne

mog1026 responded:
Hey BB, I don't want you to think no one was listening, but clearly we don't have a lot of advice to give here. LOL! I haven't been in a gym for about 25 years so God Bless you, but I would think a good trainer could devise a program that was injury free for you. That would be an advantage for someone with weight issues. If you can afford it I would go for it, but I would make sure first that the trainer has expertise with people who are working on getting a lot of weight off safely.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

blondie454u responded:
I agree with Kathy! I workout with a lady every day that actually went to training and because of that I got properly trained on doing the right exercises the right way so I wouldn't injured myself. I just got blessed and didn't have to hire a trainer. Some gyms also have specials. Like mine will have specials if you can get 3 or more people they will give you a discount or if you take so many sessions you can get one free.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
I hired a personal trainer for 4 sessions. only been to one but my back overall is pain free some times its not and I don't sleep which is problematic for me a lot these days but I put a pillow behind my back so I can't roll onto my back. helps. im working at reducing the pain in my knees and and hands and wrists and shulder. may consider acupuncture if this regiment doesn't work.
I think its really worthwhile if the trainer knows about the injuries problems you have and has worked with that!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

Spotlight: Member Stories

. You have to acknowledge that you are worth the effort to get healthier. To accept the fact that you will have "splurges", but that they do...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.