Skip to content
Worked out for 1 1/2 hours today.
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I'm going through grief and I'm at an angry stage so I work out until I tire myself out. My brother died at 55 of ALS. Doctor said he could live 5 years but only last 1 painful year. I don't know why I'm so angry as we never got along and didn't speak much. Anyway it's got me working out more and longer.
rohvannyn responded:
That's a great way to burn off stress, and it's good for your body too. Keep it up, it can only help. I don't know about you but mixed feelings and unresolved feelings cause me more stress than just about anything else! I can see why you'd be angry... besides, our feelings aren't always rational. That's something we sometimes forget...

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y
mog1026 responded:
That sounds like a good way to deal with grief and anger. You are certainly justified in feeling the way you do and I am so so very sorry for your loss. The pain must be enormous. It is so much better to work it out this way rather than do something that is unhealthy to you in the long run. God Bless BB.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost
blondie454u responded:
I know you didn't get along with him but I am still sorry for your loss. Exercise is the best way to get rid of unwanted emotions.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I going through menopause and gained 10 pounds to my top weight of 240. I am 5'10', so people told me I carried my weight well, but the bottom...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.