Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Friday March 14 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a>

Good morning

weight 152.5

breakfast oatmeal with cranberries apple ff milk small section of orange the oatmeal was topped with sliced almonds this time

shopping today so no plan in place

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

mog1026 responded:
Buenos Dios! Gray and cold again but I'm feeling good because the scale showed a loss again. I got worried by that bump up yesterday but I have to remember that it happens. And before you say it...no, I can't weigh myself once a week. LOL! I'm an every day kind of girl

Breakfast - I'm inspired to keep it low so it's a clementine and a cup of dry cereal

Food Plan - I don't know yet. I'll have to mooch around and see what's available, but I'm pretty sure there won't be bread involved! And there WILL be an apple.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Aussie, when you have your oatmeal every night for dinner, do you have to fix a regular dinner for your DH? Or is he happy with oatmeal too because you've said he is a picky eater in the past?

Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram responded:
Gooooood Morning all you beautiful people. Oh, theres only Judy and Kathy here. Well, all the rest of you who show up later are beautiful too.

Weigh In - 185 - Now, that's several days in a row for 185, think I can go down one more? Oooo I hope so.

Brkfst - 2 tangerines, 1 cup joe

snack - cranberry bread, 1 cup of joe

Lunch - sm, approx. 2 oz of pork, rice, cabbage and veggies.

Snack - ? probably won't have one today. If I do it will be strawberry shortcake. Yummy!

supper - oatmeal with blackberries.

No Kathy, I fix one meal and that's lunch, he's on his own for anything else. I don't do his snacks or his supper. Is that terrible? He don't seem to mind, so I'm glad.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

kalimiller replied to ausgram's response:
Okay, okay. I'm showing up so I can be classified as beautiful today.

Breakfast was a chick-fik-a chicken biscuit. It was provided by work and I can't turn down a free meal and I am broke.

Signing for our house got pushed back to Monday. Some issue with the lender. We have all our stuff together, they just had something come up and needed to postpone a few days. Whatever. However, we got the okay from the sellers to go ahead and start moving in whenever. Went over last night and started cleaning. Will do some more cleaning tonight and then move the majority of our stuff over on Saturday. Woohoo!

Lunch is chicken enchiladas. Water.

Not sure about dinner.

Hope everyone is doing well
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

bigred53 replied to kalimiller's response:
Hello beautiful ladies!! I did not make a good choice last night. I had a surf and turf burrito - beef, shrimp, rice, lettuec tomato. It was really good but a bit too much and naturally I had to clean my plate so to speak - old habits are really hard to kill off. Kind of like dandelions in your lawn. I am going to do better tonight.

I am so glad it's Friday. Oh goodie - two whole days without the drama queens...lol.

That's it for now. Later chickies!

Michelle

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Oh Ausie I love your arrangement
I do breakfast dinner supper for both of us , although he is responsible for his snacks

Update dinner was
baked chicken breast small
.3 c brn rice
.2 C cooked mushrooms
1.33 C cooked spinach
Side salad with

1.5 c mixed greens
1 thin slice red onion
1/2 yellow pepper
1 roma tomato
1/5 avocado
1 T wishbone robusto dressing 1 T red wine vinegar

gonna have peppermint tea today

and most likely pistachios later
and than the fat free yogurt with maybe strawberries or frozen cherries 2 T great grains and some honey approx. 1/2 T

that's the plan
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
WELL I SURE AM HAPPY I'M BEAUTIFUL TOO
I've had a odd a.m. woke up at 6 a. and felt like i'd been hit over the head so I went back to bed and woke at 9;30
today was suppose to be my day off of work but when there is only me today lol that's kinda hard to do I've tried my best tho

1 cuppa
1 venti skinny vanilla and a bowl of oatmeal from bucks
and friend and I went to the lake and had our coffees and watched the sunkissed lake ripple in harmony with itself

lunch:
1 wheatthin sandwiuch with turkey 2 oz and mustard
1 slice cantaloupe (aus I have never bought a cantaloupe in march it was terribe)

I might pop me some corn later in the glass microwave thingy I have and sprinkle it with stevia and cinnamon! YUM YUM
and for dinner:
sauerkraut and saus I may have a full sandwich on jewish rye

i'm going to have an iced coffee in a bit.. o my the end of the day..;..
not the best day for food ...
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

ausgram responded:
Howdy all, thought I would log in for a second and post what I had to eat. I had exactly what I said I was going to. Ha ha!

I finally got Carl to put my AVT out in the front of the garage so I can get it out when I need it. So anyway, I took it out after I did my mile walk and tried to drive it on the wheat field. I did it, yahoo, so now I can walk out to the buffalo fence again. I drove it 4 times on it to pack the dirt clods down. I'm so elated that I can walk that mile out there now. No more in the driveway. That can become a drag, back and forth, back and forth. sheesh!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
O that sounds fun. WOW aus I just had a flashback of a good kind! how much my fields meant to me as a kid! I don't know if you've always been able to be on a piece of land and smell the good soil earth! we had an acre and na half but behind us was field and fresh asparagus, we dug dandelions in sandy beds and visited the albino horse ...etc etc.etc!! lucky you!
I do enjoy those walks and fun you're having with the ATV! you deserve it!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Got terribly hungry about 2 minutes after I put my dinner fork down and it didn't go away, it was the kind of hungry where I couldn't concentrate on anything else so I decided to change my plan and up my calories with some w/w crackers and lite cheese. I didn't want to do it but I did it.

Breakfast - clementine, 1 cup dry cereal 155 cals.

Lunch - 1 coco pop (16 cal.), 2 1/2 T peanut butter with raisins and cinnamon, 1/2 banana, large apple. 414 cals

Dinner - 3 oz hamburger patty, 1/2 c broccoli, 1/2 c green beans, 1/3 small yam, celery, 1 T ranch dressing. 327 cals

Snack - 2 1/2 T Boursin Lite cheese, w/w crackers. 204 cals

Total - 1101 cals.

Milton, Paradise Lost

rohvannyn replied to mog1026's response:
Good work, Kathy... though, if you are bringing your calories that low even with your little 200 calorie supplement, your body may start to rebel. For good reason. You really don't want to get into what I call "famine mode." Or maybe you do... but I doubt it!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mog1026 replied to rohvannyn's response:
I hear you Roh and I am mindful of that. Thanks.

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy have you had your thyroid checked if not next time you see the doc for blood work ask them to check it . On another side I was thinking we all cannot fit into the 1200 cal thing because we are all different its height etc I know I starve if I don't get at least 1300 when I was young in my 30s I could lose weight on 1800 cals now 1600 maintains my weight
age bone structure and maybe muscle content all count

Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
My thyroid is okay Judy. It's been checked many times. My situation just requires fewer calories than the average 65 year old. I take a beta blocker which slows my metabolism, I am extremely sedentary for now because of my knees, and I'm shorter than most of you with what should be a small frame. I spent last year weaning myself off junk and most processed food and I found out what happens when I take my calories back up between 1200 and 1500 with an occasional splurge. ...the weight piles back on even if I am only eating healthy foods. I've made the switch to a healthy diet, but now my job is to reduce my portions so that I can lose pounds. It's science as far as I can see. My DH and I are making this a joint project and we are looking carefully every day at the nutrition and calories. I am eating 3 squares a day with plenty of food on my plate. If I get hungry, which I did, today, I'll have a snack. But this isn't a lark for me, my weight problems have had a very bad effect on my health and I won't waste any more time. I see my doctor once a month for a B-12 shot so I am in touch with him on a regular basis. My goal is to average around 1000 calories and see how that goes. I really appreciate any suggestions I get so thank you so much for thinking of the thyroid as an issue. And thank you to Roh too

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

Gained weight, then some more, and a bit more over the past 20 years. Always seemed to be a reason to start dealing with it later, pregnancies, colleg...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.