Good morning

weigh in 152

Breakfast was
Oatmeal with craisins apples honey walnuts cooked in fat free milk
also an orange 2.8 oz
cals 327

will be having baked chicken breast again
maybe sweet potato or steamed red potato green beans or brussel sprouts

last night I had a planned slip instead of my chicken sandwich My Daughter came by with a strawberry shortcake from whole foods this was to celebrate her hubbys birthday that was too good I stayed within calorie limits but sacrificed some nutritional goals the good part is I slept through the night real well didn't have to get up to P not even once ..I sure didn't lose any sleep over that indulgence .... well it is gone so back on my plan
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone for a while. Been SOOOO incredibly busy with unpacking and stuff. The good news is that we have about 75% of our stuff unpacked. Just one more box in the kitchen to unpack. We've had to wash all of our dishes b/c of dust and dirt from being stored for so long. Plus, our dishwasher doesn't really work - so all by hand. Which is fine. I don't mind at all. (My parents are remodeling their whole kitchen in a month or two - so we are getting their old dishwasher (which isn't that old) and they old sink, their osmosis water filter, etc.). The GREAT news about this move, is that I can plan my own food and be in charge of what comes into my house. I have all kinds of good fruits and veggies in my fridge. We did get a box of oreos for my DH, but I don't like oreos, so that's fine. This morning for breakfast I had the strawberry and chocolate special k with soymilk. Mmm. I have half a red pepper for a snack later. I think I'm having one of those single serving pouches of ranch tuna on ritz crackers for lunch. Not sure about dinner, I'll plan that when I get home.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

parakeet210 replied to kalimiller's response:
j, glad u faired well with indulgence.

K, glad ur moved more and happy to hear about ur food choices!
Kath, Way to GO

258 weight
oatmeal judys kind
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
Hey Kali! Sounds like you are going to be kicking it from now on! I think it's amazing that you managed not to gain while you've been uprooted all this time. That's a NSV right there!

Aussie, forgetting yesterday, I do not understand why you're not dropping. I've decided you must be a sleep eater! Middle of the night your eyes are closed but you're wearing your bunny slippers and bumping into walls on the way to the fridge. Your DH is snoring so loudly he doesn't hear a thing, and back to bed you go having chobbled down the equivalent of two Big Macs. Stop that Aussie and tie yourself to the curtain rod at night!

Well the weight hasn't budged in a while but Im determined to keep doing what Im doing. This WILL happen.

Breakfast - clemmie, cup o cereal

The plan is no mayo chicken salad for lunch and probably more chicken for dinner. Maybe I'll grow feathers instead of hair.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.4 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller replied to mog1026's response:
Do you make the chicken salad yourself?
-Kali

I think that the main thing that is helping me right now is that I've switched medications. This one is weight neutral (the other one was weight gain) and this one does not affect my sleep (the other one made me want to sleep in forever - like 3pm on Saturdays and still feel tired). I can wake up on weekends at 9 or 10 and feel great - I have so much more of the day ahead of me now.
-Kali

No, my local market makes it, it is white meal chicken, pea pods, orange pepper strips, red onion, dill, and moistened with just a bit of olive oil and vinegar. It's very tasty. . I actually like it better than a mayo version.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
It's great that you can switch meds, Kali. I wish I had done that in my forties when I started on a med that's weight gaining. As the weight began to come on I would ask the doc about it and he just said it was due to the med and didn't worry about it. But look where I am now. Of course that was 20 years ago and our concern about excess weight is very different today.

Milton, Paradise Lost

That does sound good. I'll have to look up different chicken salad recipes online...because now I really want chicken salad. lol
-Kali

Yeah, it is nice that my new doctor was concerned enough to want to get me on a new med. I really like this new doctor - he is really caring.

It would have been nice to switch meds 50 pounds ago, but I'm just glad it isn't worse than that, you know?
-Kali

kalimiller replied to kalimiller's response:
I forgot to mention that I have a co-worker that walks all 21 floors of stairs every Friday - she just quite smoking and is trying to be healthier. She invites me, another guy, and has her spouse come too. I went last week on Friday and made it up 7 flights before dying. lol. So I have a goal of making it up all 21 (I don't care if I'm dead at the top or wheezing - just making it would be fine for now). I'm going to try and do stairs everyday at lunch and get better and better. I did 7 flight today (up and then down) and was dying pretty bad, but better than Friday.
-Kali

Kali you are a perfect example of a WW! You are young with lots of energy and I think that if you keep this up before too long you will be our new Amber! That is a super goal you have and it's great to have co-workers to "climb" with!

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Hello everyone!! Kali, good job with the stairs!!!. My fake hip doesn't like them - well it just feels very weird. It doesn't hurt so maybe I'd better start taking the stairs once in a while at least.

Yesterday's food - two granola bars at 100 cal each and two chicken salads w/Italian dressing. I'm going to say 500 calories each - they consisted of a small char-grilled chicken breast, one hardboiled egg, probably 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes and maybe two Tbs of cheese over mixed greens.. Back on track.

This morning I had McD's oatmeal, 8oz low fat milk and of course the coffee. Then I had my pistachios. I'm not really hungry right now so I'll just have a grapefruit and a V8 or maybe two V8's. I know I'm lacking protein but canned chicken just doesn't sound good right now. Some stirfried veggies sounds really good to me - maybe I'll get some for dinner.

That's all folks!!!

Michelle

ausgram responded:
I finally made it here! Ughs, long sad day. My granddaughters doggie is dieing. I never cry over animals but I can't help it with this one. I loved this little dog so much. I always called her "my dog".

Weigh-In 187 ughs, cant seem to shake that.

Brkfst - 1 orange, 1 cup of joe.

Lunch. - BLEW IT BIG TIME! I had that Arbys Rueben sandwich. Don't waste your time or money on it. I didn't like it and I love love love ruebens. I didn't eat much of the crush it was yucky. The curly fries, I only have 3 little pieces, my daughter ate the rest of them HOWEVER, she bought me a 340 calorie cherry turnover and baby, I ate every bite of that. ha ha. I know, I'm bad. The Rueben was 740 calories, can you believe it? Well, I didn't eat the bread, so it was less. I useually always get that arbys regular sandwich with only 320 calories. Wish I did today. Oh well, live and learn.

For supper? I might skip the cereal.

Kathy, after 8 pm , I don't eat again till morning and I don't even eat in my sleep. I get my exercise at night probably, going to the toilet every hour. Ha.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Ausie that's real sad about the doggy I was so heart broken last time I had a dog pass away I decided to never get another one .
Now I am attached to my grand puppys no getting away from the heartbreak
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.