Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm New To This! =)
sarahurquidez2014 posted:
Hi everyone! I'm a 24 year old university student looking to start a lifestyle change. I weigh 210 lbs right now and I want to get fit. The number on the scales don't matter as much as my desire to boost my energy and do daily tasks without running out of breath. I have a gym membership and don't mind working out, but I'm at a loss for what exercises to do and how to manage my emotional eating habits. Any helpful advice or professional opinions would be greatly appreciated!

jis4judy responded:
welcome aboard Sarah
we donlt really have any pros on board but we do have a few been there done that people including myself
Debbie Amber and myself are all maintaining after a significant weight loss ... the thing to remember is diets only work while you are on them so it is better to make a plan you can live with that is full of healthy foods eliminate processed foods as much as possible they are poison to your body
we can offer support and help you celebrate your success
also be aware that changing your way of eating will take a lot of planning and there will be slips the key is to make the slips far apart and eat the plan a good 80-90 % of the time

your plan should include fruits vegies lean meats fish if you like it whole grains low fat or fat free dairy
seeds and nuts in moderation .. learn serving sizes and eventually you will do this easily it gets easier over time
I have been on my plan over 10 years maintaining the healthy body is doing what you did to get there

if you calculate the calories you need for you goal weight that could be your calories to get there always use the sedentary mode in the things like fitday.com or web mds fitness planner these sites are free to use and can help to plan your approach ...
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Welcome! You can do this! Take Judy's advice on what to eat. Get to the university gym and walk on the treadmill or cycle to start. DO NOT eat pizza at night or wings at the bar. You already know what they taste like and nothing tastes as good as thin. It will take some discipline and dedication but if you can work for a degree you already have that. Get that weight off NOW! You have an exciting life ahead of you and you don't want to carry those pounds with you like a cinder block!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

blondie454u responded:
Hello and welcome! As far as knowing what to do on exercise, youtube is a great place to start. That's where I get my ideas when I go to the gym.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

fairyguidemother responded:
Welcome Sara! I am new also. Sounds like you have some good things going for you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone today I came across this website and decided to be A NEW ME! I will need your help so if you have any for a newbe like can you share? T...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.