2 Oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk

1 C black coffee

Dinner plans
boneless skinless chicken breast barley with mushrooms , steamed Zucchini
side salad

will be walking again today I did a lot of going up and down stairs yesterday I was helping hubby set up his new PC
and did my walk as well //

so If I can today will include an attempt to restart my weight lifting that has taken a back seat to my walking since I started feeling better after a mild case of flu..

I will most likely have apple with peanut butter this afternoon and some pistachios then later yogurt and cherries with honey

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

mog1026 responded:
Good morning all! Dontcha just love a sunny morning? Now if we could just get above freezing! The slow slow slow creeping weight loss continues today with another 0.2 loss. Thank God for digital scales! I love those decimal points because they help keep me motivated. I'm trying to keep working on this like I'm still in one of Kim's old challenges, only I'm challenging myself with the help of everyone here, especially Judy. Thanks for showing up every day!

Food Plan - usual breakfast of 155 cals, lunch will be black bean soup and an apple, dinner will be back to chicken and veggies. It's been nice to have 2 days off from chicken but it's back on the menu says my DH Coach. Yum.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram responded:
Wow, where is everyone? Judy, you rainbow is beautiful again. Really different today. I don't know what those green balls are, maybe green tomatoes. My grandma use to make green tomatoe minincemeat pie. Yummy. Best in the world.

Ok lemme get down to brass tacks.

Weigh In - 188 Gaaaa!

Brkfst - 1 banana, 2 cuties, 1 cup of joe

Lunch something light cause my granddaughter and her hubby are finally going to make it out for supper. And that will entail, pork, mashed pot, sauerkraut, broccoli, mixed veggies, salad, and pudding for dessert.

Rachael, in case you still will read our posts, we will miss you for sure. I love hearing from you. Now we have to put up with Kathy. ha ha ha. Just kidding my Kathy friend.

Hope Kathy, keet, and the others show up soon. Your all my inspiration. Judy is our foundation and the rest of you help hold me up.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Hey Kathy, you musta been posting the same time as me. Glad you are here. I need you.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
I need you too Aussie! I am not going anywhere, tho I admit I considered it when folks started disappearing this year. There has been quite an exodus of regular posters. BUT this site is part of my plan to SUCCEED! It makes me accountable and I want to get here each day to see how you are doing. It would be so much harder to go it alone and our chances for success are much greater with a buddy.

I went to the doctor this week and he said something I've been thinking about. He told me that at our age, we need to "diet" just to remain at our current weight. I guess that means that our calorie restriction doesn't end and we have to stop thinking about restriction and start thinking of it as normal portions. Change the mind, then change the body.

I watched an episode of Independent Lens last night on PBS about a group of women who have struggled with a lot of weight for years. I've had enough of the struggle and I want to go in for the kill and end this demon. Grrrrr!

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
and you will Kathy! I know we allhave it in us! I think we do need a challenge. I work ft so its a lil hard for me to do. We could just do a kind like kim did but without measuring and only weighing. Then I could doit and keep track since there are fewer of us. whatcha think all?

I haven't had breakfast yet but I'm getting hungry.
Brkfst plan: oatmeal, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, mixed nuts and craizins

lunch: don't know

had a cuppa and a half.

Keep on keepin on ya'll! We shall conquer and divide. I need to eat my rainbow and stick to that and then I do fine!

All the crap is outta the house and I refuse tolet my husband buy more for Easter. We're going to do the shopping together!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
I'm fine with that Tweety! I never cared that much about the measuring anyway. It's the weight I care about. If it comes off my little toe I'm fine with that as long as it comes OFF! Skinny ear lobes would be great! I'm already in the challenge mentally, posting calories and weight every day, so come on along and I'll cheer the heck out of you! . WE CAN DO THIS IF WE ARE WILLING TO DO THE WORK!

W - (W)ill you give up tempting restaurant food and snacks that are full of fat and sodium and have a salad with dressing on the side or another healthy choice?

O - (O)pt to establish the calories you need to lose weight on a slow but consistent basis and then stick to that number 95% of the time?

R - (R)espect your body enough to understand that obesity is a disease as dangerous to your health as cancer and heart disease and treat this with the seriousness it deserves?

K - (K)now with all your heart that this journey to a healthy weight is something that you can and will do and then maintain no matter what the sacrifice even if its chocolate!?

That's my credo for 2014, 2015, 2016........Et al

Milton, Paradise Lost

fairyguidemother replied to mog1026's response:
Hey everybody, hope you are having a nice morning. It's really great to see you all encouraging each other and hanging in there. Wonderful, really.

I have been taking the advice and eating the rainbow. Lot's of veggies, raw and cooked. Mostly I have been dipping them in this lo cal green goddess dressing, about 75 ca for half a cup, I ate a whole box if mushrooms that way since Monday! LOL! plus some other goodies like peppers, celery and peas. I feel great and full most of the time. My blood sugar is steady too.

Today the plan is: eggs, tortillas and salsa for breakfast, along with a tangerine.
Snack of cherries and yogurt
turkey sandwich [open faced> for lunch and a salad
dinner is cod, sweet potato and green salad.

Cheers everyone!

mog1026 replied to fairyguidemother's response:
You are walking the walk, FGM!

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
update

Dinner was as planned 3.4 oz chicken breast 1 1/2 C zucchini just less than 1/3 C barley with mushrooms
a great salad
shredded carrots
mixed greens
tomato
black olives
1/4 large yellow pepper
1 radish
3 slice cuke
1 T wishbone robusto
1 T red wine vinegar

this afternnon I had a 6.2 oz empire apple with 1 1/2 T natural peanut butter

1 C hot chocolate with whipped cream I made this with fat free milk 2 T each ovaltine and unsweetened cocoa

total cals so far including breakfast just over 1000

will have my pistachios later along with the cherries and yogurt that should bring the calories into the 1400 range

Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Food du jour

Breakfast - 1/2 banana, clementine, 1 1/4 c dry cereal, 2 wheat meal crackers

Lunch - coco pop, 2 T cinnamon peanut butter, 1/2 banana, apple

Dinner - 3 1/2oz chicken breast, 1/2 c mashed potatoes, 1/2 tomato, 2 stalks celery, endive leaves, 2 T ranch dressing, 1 oz cheddar cheese

Total - 1160 cals.

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
great job ya'll! Kathy I love what you wrote. If I decide to post a challenge I don't know how to make it fun to look at as I don't know how to import things to this forum.

I think ur right K that uve been doing the challenge here and seeing success.
I love wnhat you wrote for sure for sure.
For lunch I had one XXXXXTREMELY ICKY THIN piece of what was called a hamburger with lots of bun that I had 3 bites of and just kept it intact to eat the silly thing. It was spur of the moment.
a large diet

later................
1 bowl Mexican stew
green beans and about 2 T broccoli casserole
1 whole wheat tortilla
1 mango
diet drink boo hiss got backinto them ouch

snack
1 mango
its hard to type tonight so gotta go keep up the great work
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

jis4judy replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi Tweety
If you want to import things like images you find online all you do is copy the image by right clicking on it , if it is on facebook open the image first then copy it ...
once it is copied go directly to this forum and paste it into a message box add your words and it is done

Hugs Judy

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
REALY? JUDY? I THOUGHT YOU HAD TOUSE ANOTHER SOFTWARE PHOTOBUCKET?? WELL HECKI CAN DO THAT!

LET ME PLAY THIS WEEKEND WITH DOING IT AND THEN MAYBE I COULD DO SOME KIND OF CHALLENGE

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WE'RE ON BELIEVE ME CUZ THATS WHAT I'M TO TELL ANYONE IF THEY SAY WE DON'T HAVE INSURANCE CUZ AS OF NOW I'M NOT INSURAED FOR HEALTH THO I'VE BEEN WITH THESE CRAZYMJUGGERS FOR OVER 30 YRS
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

jis4judy replied to sittingbull594's response:
That's the very first thing I learned about computers the copy and paste thing LOL
Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have been reading discussions and need all the help I can get. I am 66, work sedentary job as med transcriptionist at home in very rural Utah, a...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.