Skip to content
Diet Pills
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I see my Dr. in a couple months and I'm going to ask him for some FDA approved Diet pills to help me out. I'm also going to talk to him about having surgery. I work my but off at the YMCA and I feel like I'm getting no place. My eating isn't all the correct. I have trouble eating fruits and vegetables. I snack on junk food. I drink 3-4 bottles of diet Pepsi a day..

I've felt very low and depressed lately. I have to force myself to leave the house. I'm always tired and have no energy. I have no friends to talk to and no buddy system.

I've lost the interest in my marriage. It will be 30 years in September also. I don't want to hug him, kiss him or have relations with him.

My brother is gone now and the funeral is over. I'm glad about that.

I just don't know.
Jayne

mog1026 responded:
Whoa Jayne! Hold on! You definitely need to talk to your doctor ASAP! I wouldn't wait 2 or 3 months. There's nothing wrong with a doctor prescribed weight control med if you need it, but reading this I would say you might need something to lift what is a natural depression after what you've been through. Getting help with your emotions should be first on your list in my humble opinion. If you can't love yourself because of depression, you'll have trouble loving anyone else, even a 30 year DH

After that by all means explore your weight loss options. I don't know how far you need to go to get to a better weight, but you must know that however you decide to proceed, the junk food and soda have to go. Even with surgery you can circumvent the pouch and eat junk slowly to regain the weight.

This is as much a mental struggle as anything else and your head has to be in the right place first. You are not friendless here and we are all buddies in this struggle. But if you can, get to the doctor and tell him what you're saying here.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

beautifulbuffalo replied to mog1026's response:
I have an appointment next Friday. I don't love myself. I weigh 260. I weighed 180 before taking lithium.

mog1026 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Terrific Jayne! Asking for some help is a big step and if anyone deserves it you do. If you can't love yourself for now, we'll do it for you. YOU ARE LOVEABLE! 260, huh? That's great because its NOT insurmountable! As to what you weighed before the meds, aw heck, I weighed 125 before mine. The meds are what they are and we need to take them for other reasons. It just means we have to adjust our caloric intake, or if necessary talk to the doc about another med. Maybe we should have done that pounds ago but it's not too late to change. Take it one step at a time. Even a little change will help you take the next one. Just posting here this morning and having a doctor's appointment was a big step in the right direction!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Hi Jayne
I had a time when I hated my body and that did not help I started loving myself more then my efforts were better
It is very hard to take good care of someone you don't love
taking meds that add pounds is really tough Maybe your doc can find something to help you love yourself a bit more... good luck is that appointment tomorrow go and write these things you are feeling down so you can share them with the doctor...
I also agree with Kathy the junk food is poisoning your body and diet sodas are anti diet they don't help you are better off with water or herbal tea..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard! I agree with everyone else but here is my input. First you need to start loving yourself before any kind of meds will help you. Second in order to live a healthy lifestyle you will need to eat fruits and veggies. I too had the same issue. I made myself eat them and found ways of cooking them a healthy way so I could eat them more. Now I love all kinds of things. Diet drinks are very dangerous for you body. It could also be the cause of your depression. You need to drink mostly water. I drink water, black coffee, and green tea with honey. Be kind to yourself and always forgive yourself! That's the best way to start loving yourself. We tend to do the opposite. We treat others well but forget about ourselves. Well that's not how it is. Yourself should always be first and I am not talking about in a selfish way. Look at it this way, if you have love ones that you help take care of such as children or other relatives, how are suppose to take care of them if you don't take care of yourself first? My husband and I have to occasionally tell ourselves it's ok once in a while to have a weekend to ourselves to rejuvenate and relax without our kids. Even go see a movie or go out to eat. We've family members that try to make us guilty for it but we don't care because we do things for them as well. They focus on the wrong stuff. Anyway that's my thoughts.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 59 years old, married to a great guy and have 3 grown sons, one of whom is married to a great gal & they have 2 boys. (Will I ever be able...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.