Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Friday March 28 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a>

Good morning

weight 152

breakfast was awesome
Oatmeal cooked in FF milk with added peanut butter, honey and vanilla and dark chocolate morsels and 1.5 oz banana

shopping day again so dinner will be what looks good in the store

I have to get some colorful vegies for my rainbow breakfast was rather beige the only color was a little banana

Last night I did not have the pistachios instead I had 1 slice pumpernickel bread 1.1 ounce chicken breast
I did have the cherries with yogurt and honey added 2 T great grains cereal for crunch

today I will have strawberries and blueberries in my yogurt thing

not sure about the nuts later
might do that half sandwich for supper instead

Hugs Judy

1 Cup black coffee
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
Hey everyone! Breakfast for me was a bacon egg and cheese breakfast burrito (provided by work). Lunch is about a cup of mac and cheese.

Going out to eat with the family for my dad's birthday tonight.

I have a little bit of a cold (I feel like I just got over the last illness I had) so I've been taking it easier at home.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

mog1026 responded:
Morning all! It's gonna be gray for the next 5 days so I might need some emergency cheering up from time to time. Smack me if I get too down. No weight change today to report.

Breakfast - 1 c cereal, clementine

Lunch will be soup and an apple. Dinner will be a hamburger patty and veggie.

Doin' It because I will not QUIT!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 216 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram responded:
Hi Judy, Kali and Kathy! My computer has a note in the corner and says: Not on line. ha ha, don't ask me how I'm on here posting.

Weigh In - 187

Brkfst - 1 cutie, 1 banana, 1 cup joe

Not sure what to have to lunch. I'll try and come back later and post.

Yeaterday I walked and walked and then had to prepare the big meal for my granddaughter & her hubby and by the time 8 o'clock rolled around my back was hurting. but I'm find today. I won't over do it today. It was nice tho to be able to walk out back to the buffalo fence again.

Ok, Kathy I'll be glad to smack you if you get down. ha ha ha ha!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

fairyguidemother responded:
Hi All. Planning on a good restful day. Yesterday was long and I was pooped! Too much laundry etc. Today I will be home, paying bills and shopping online.

Breakfast: Avocado and egg on toast, tangerine.
lunch: turkey deli meat salad with cracker and yogurt
Dinner: salmon patty, black rice, coleslaw.

Peace!

kalimiller responded:
Whew! Went on stairs with co-workers today. I was planning on only making it up to 9 or 10. I had been doing 8 flights earlier this week. I made it up to 14 and rested for a bit and then went up to 17. Then walked down to 4 (which is where my office is). We started from 1. I was super proud of myself - my coworkers were proud of my too . There are only 21 flights of stairs in this building, so I'm excited for the day that I can do it all the way.
-Kali

bigred53 replied to fairyguidemother's response:
Good morning and Happy, Happy Friday!! Plus it's payday for me too!! My son and I will be going out for sushi tonight. I'll probably have a Japanese beer and a little sake too. I'm going to try to eat light today.

I had a grilled chicken salad and a cup of pinto beans for dinner last night - less than 500 calories. I've been craving Sprite or Sierra Mist sodas and I have been resisting. I know diet sodas aren't good but I'm thinking I'd better get some so I don't go on a full blown soda binge - which I've been known to do.

Kali, this is Dr. Michelle now - start taking some extra zinc. Cod liver oil is also good for boosting your immunity. I take both regularly and I really can't remember the last time I had a cold.

I've got a three day weekend - it's Cesar Chavez Day here in California. An extra day to relax. Hooray!

FGM what is black rice? Is is wild rice? I love wild rice but it is so expensive that I'll use just a little in soup for some extra texture.

That's all for now. Have a wonderful day. I'll check back later.

Michelle

kalimiller replied to bigred53's response:
I started taking a multivitamin a few days ago - they were packed somewhere and I found them It's the kirkland signature daily multi pill.
http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature%E2%84%A2-Daily-Multi,-500-Tablets.product.11491625.html
I do agree with you though, I think that taking extra vitamins and minerals will help my health.
-Kali

bigred53 replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, IMO it certainly won't hurt. There are several vitamins and minerals that can build up in your body and become toxic. I believe vitamin A is one of them.

If I feel a cold coming on I will start taking extra zinc, zinc lozenges and echinacea or cat's claw (if I have any). Those are some good immune boosters. Generally if I take zinc and cod liver oil regularly I rarely have colds. I take a lot of different things - too many to name here - and I have learned quite a lot about different herbs as I am interested in them and their healing properties.

Fell better and a big Whooppee!! to you for doing all those stairs. Your quads are going to be amazing!!

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
Black rice is great, that's what it is, Michelle! It's a strain of rice that looks black but cooks to a lovely purple color. It tastes a little nutty, like a richer version of brown rice. It's also called "Forbidden Rice," is high in antioxidents, and is a traditional food of the Chinese Imperial court. Tasty stuff! It's carried at my grocery store as well as my Asian supermarket.

Enjoy that sushi! That's some nutrient packed, protein rich food right there! I like sashimi, myself, so I usually eat less rice with the meal when I'm lucky enough to go out for Japanese food. Hope you and all have a great day.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks Roh. I'll have to look for some. I don't do rice too much since I'm diabetic although I love it.

The place my son and I go to is an all-you-can-eat for $25. I don't really like fried stuff anymore so I rarely get any tempura. I love sashimi too but my favorite is the spicy tuna roll and the peppered tuna. I do pick some of the rice off. I think I'll get one of their appetizer salads too. My mouth is watering already...lol.

I'm going to look for that black rice for sure. It's probably where the quinoa and wild rice is.

Michelle

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been bigger than other girls. I was an 8 pound baby and my weight never stopped increasing. I think genetics are partially to blame bu...More

Helpful Tips

8 Habits for Successful Losers
This Article from Readers Digest has great habit tips. Some you may already know .. you just have to keep reminding yourself from time to ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.