Skip to content
BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS March 31 Monday Challenge
parakeet210 posted:
Good Morning Lassies
Because the medical community has always touted that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day I thought I would post some ideas for such a thing. How about this Breakfast sandwich?

If you have a large breakfast like this it should hold you until lunch. I can't tell if the English muffin is whole wheat but it should be. When you are making this watch the caloric intake.

GO WEIGHT WARRIORS! We will take it one meal at a time and before you know it Monday will become a success.

Yummo. This is a quest to eat healthy while loosing weight. Again, eating a rainbow helps me tremendously so keep that in mind. This Denver omelet sandwich can be had using green peppers and yellow onions. I would use minimal cheese and ff or low fat calorie if at all possible.

[a>
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Looks good tweety
weight this morning 152.5

I had a plain old breakfast today
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 c bran flakes
1/2 C ff milk
2.7 oz strawberries
3.2 oz orange
1 c black coffee

I might try a breakfast similar to the one pictured
I like to make egg omlets with peppers and mushrooms

maybe in a few days
gotta buy eggs tomorrow
I plan to just maintain my somewhere in the low 150s weight during this challenge
Hugs Judy

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
Sorry I was so late in posting this. My phone started ringing early and I kept getting interrupted.

262 up a lot! OUCH!

I'm going to have a very light breakfast as I feel I could loose even the sips of coffee I have had this a.m.

1 piece of 5 gm protein toast and a 1/2 tsp honey with cinnamon to taste
cuppa with 1 1/2 n 1/2

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 262.0

kalimiller replied to parakeet210's response:
Hey all. I didn't weigh in this morning. Feeling iffy still. I went to the doctor yesterday - I have a sinus infection and tonsilitis. So, DH is picking up antibiotics for me today. Fun fun.

Had two scrambled eggs this morning for breakfast. Added 1 tbsp shredded cheddar with some amount of salsa. I just poured some on it.

Have some grapes packed for a snack and then some pepper beef with rice and veggies for lunch. Not sure about dinner - it'll probably be something easy since both me and DH are sickly.

OH! Although, I did get weighed at the doctor's yesterday - and I've lost seven pounds since I switched medications about a month and a half ago. Yay! (198 to 191)
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
Okay Tweety, here I am! Ready and rarin' to go!

Weight - 215

I started my own inner challenge 1 month ago today and I've lost 8.8 lbs. I know things will slow down but my goal is to lose 1 pound a week and that should be doable if I keep eating the way I have been. I am determined to beat this.

The plan - egg beaters for lunch, hamburger patty for dinner
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 215 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Oh and did I mention snow? Everywhere! Are you kidding me?

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Oh No snow please I took my walk in chilly light rain today I am hoping the snow misses this area all that snow we had is almost gone a few patches here and there ...
we had 1 day that was spring like and now it feels like winter is back

Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

awesome job Kathy on those 8.8 pounds doing my Happy dance with multi color pompoms
Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Aw Gee Judy, Thanks! I'm imagining that cute little cheerleading outfit with bobby socks and saddle shoes that you're wearing

Milton, Paradise Lost

I used to wear saddle shoes when I was a young girl as I got to be a little older it was suede shoes ... Nice memory
Hugs Judy

Might as well update Dinner was

4.2 oz cooked carrots
12 spears asparagus
4.3 oz bonless skinless chicken
cooked mushrooms

Salad with mixed greens avocado cukes tomato radish red onion yellow pepper wishbone dressing deluted with red wine vinegar

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
We called the suede ones "Bucks" . I'd forgotten about those.

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
weigh to go Kathy and Kali

I'm doing a whalin for ya'll. Keep on going!!

lunch: 3 T hummus
2 oz. plain chicken breast
1/2 whole wheat pita
red tomato
green cucs
1 sugar free vanilla latte skinny vanilla at bucks

tweety 'keet'

ladylavender responded:
Hi, everyone. I will be trying to keep up with the new challenge in the wings. I'm not ready to post everything I eat on here...sigh. Getting back on the wagon has been tougher than I thought.

Some are talking about snow??? I just did some mowing!! With the help of a bungee cord and propping my mower wheels against something, I can pull the cord with my left hand to start it. My right has the fused wrist. Wow, is my stamina low right now. I will be working on it though!

Last Saturday was officially my last day of employment. It still feels surreal. I am meeting with a career counselor still, or did I tell ya'll that already? I'm calling Voc Rehab tomorrow to find out what to do to apply for financial assistance through them for schooling. I have a million and one things to do it seems, but I've started making a to-do list and add and delete from it as I do things. I just love the virtual sticky notes on my computer. I think Windows started that with Windows 7.

I have to go clean up now. It took me a while to get my breath back. This winter was pretty brutal health-wise, I guess.

Keet, I hope you have a good turnout for the challenge, but don't let the # of people disappoint you if it is small. Each one of us matters!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
another update

had 6.5 Apple with 1 1/4T natural peanut butter

1 Cup hot cocoa made with 1 C ff milk 2 T ovaltine 2 T cocoa topped with pressurized whipped cream

2 Oz pistachios

1/3 C ff yogurt 1 1/4 C frozen cherries 1 T great grains 1/3 T honey

Total cals 1499

1 hour walk

Hugs Judy

parakeet210 replied to ladylavender's response:
perhaps you can eat Judy's rainbow? Abby

I'm already having a hard time cuz carpel tunnel flared and have to type a lot in the next week. sigh it'll work

food for thought tonight I ate up

left over fajitas chicken and beef about an oz of mixed meat and mixed onions and peppers
1 flour tortilla that was left over (I caved cuz I was having hh)

2 glasses red wine

left over yellow squash and red onions with asparagus
about 2 cups worht

tweety 'keet'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 48 and would like to shed 50 pounds. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years; I love to be active outdoors; I feel like I have a healthy lifesty...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.