Skip to content
nickel81 posted:
New here...I'm a 33 mom of two kids. I currently weight in at 240, need to lose 86 pounds. I am currently having gal ladder issues and go next week to see a surgeon. I'm just here for motivation.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Nickie

welcome you have come to the right place thats what we do best is motivate and encourage each other . Gall bladder stuff is all about fats so very low fat not sure if healthy fats are allowed so ask the doctor
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
Been there done that Nickel, right where you are. I waited about 6 more months until I couldn't stand the attacks, and then had the surgery. It was laparoscopic and a breeze. Seriously, I only took one dose of Tylenol after I got home and that was that. Of course you know weight is a big contributor to the problem and to other problems in the future.

Surgery or not, you seem to want to get that weight off so this is a good place to start. Jump into any conversation and we'll be here to support you!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 214 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
welcome! Glad YOU found us!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

nickel81 replied to parakeet210's response:
Thanks everyone...its hard to change your eating habits, especially where I am currently working at. They bring in sweets all the time. But I know I can do this..I am doing it for myself. Its raining here, but anything is better than snow. Hope everyone has a Great Day!
SW 240lbs CW 240.5lbs GW 155

jis4judy replied to nickel81's response:
Hi Nickie
try to view those sweets as poison for your body because it really is poison and too much sugar causes inflammation in your body that causes all kinds of problems
think healthy foods all the time
read labels and if it has a lot of ingredients don't buy it
be especially careful not to get trans fats sometimes know as hydrogenated fats or oils they do damage to your body
some Companies hide the trans fats so read the ingredient section of the label
good luck Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Hello and welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

ausgram replied to blondie454u's response:
Hey Amber, nice to see you . Hows your dieting going?
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

blondie454u replied to ausgram's response:
It's going well. My sweet tooth has been in overdrive lately but I am keeping under control. The only thing is I did give in have a Dunkin Donut with my husband this past weekend. Also copuple of days ago I had a Krispy Kreme donut. Wish I never ate that one. It wasn't as good as Dunkin. I have thing with fried dough. That's my weakness. We don't get to go out to eat due to finances and this was cheaper plus I was fixing to work it off by painting my kitchen. I usually have some kind of treat at some point. I don't binge any more because I include lots of healthy eating all day long and it keeps me satisfied. As long as I keep things steady I usually don't gain weight from it because I workout so much but I still can over do it, if I get out of control no matter how much I workout.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

ausgram replied to blondie454u's response:
Sounds good Amber. Sweet tooth in overdrive? ha ha, cute. Bad, but cute. Well, hang in there. A donut doesn't hurt once in a while.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

fairyguidemother responded:
Hi nickel 81! Welcome. Boy is this a nice group, I am new here too and they are so helpful. You can do it. You will just love how it feels to lose that weight. So awesome. Cheers!
Laughing, loving, dancing with the Fae!

Starting weight 328.6 Goal weight 145. Current weight 321.6

nickel81 replied to fairyguidemother's response:
It has been a rough couple of days. It seems like my weight is going in the wrong direction. I know it is from stress because I have been under a lot of stress lately. I just keep telling myself that I can do it. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
SW 240lbs CW 240.5lbs GW 155

mog1026 replied to nickel81's response:
Well of course you can do it. When ever you want to. And you even have youth on your side, which is a nice advantage. I got nervous about my gallbladder surgery and lost some weight beforehand. I'm sure it was helpful. But besides the surgery, only you can decide when you're ready to do this. And you have to be really ready and fed up with your life as it is. I think most people come here when they are sort of ready and hope to find that extra oomph to get them going. And it's here if you want it. It's a simple path to understand. JUST eat healthy unprocessed food and less of it. Probably a lot less if it got you and me to our starting weights. And if you want to keep the weight off once you lose it, you have to stick to the program you devise for yourself. It's not rocket science. But everyone here knows ITS HARD AS HELL! But so so so worthwhile.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 213.2. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

blondie454u replied to nickel81's response:
Listen to Kathy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Age 43, In a nutshell, 3 kids, (2 sons ages 24 YEARS old, and 17 MONTHS, with a daughter who just turned 22 yesterday. A 140 mile round trip M-F commu...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.