Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF CHALLENGE OF THE DAY APRIL 4
parakeet210 posted:
Going into the weekend I dare say I think..... do we need to watch either so we don't slip over the weekend? I know for me this is a time for me to get goofed up.

Starting tomorrow morning I'm going to get woke up by a client ringing the phone! I posted prior to this a gal with earplugs and a sleep mask that I will be donning to ward off these spirits of merriments (not).

I then went to post another pictures pertaining to this challenge and it locked up as usual. I've been having a dickens of a time trying to post pictures and it says its running to much script? I don't know what exactly that means?

I'll have what she's having? Do you think it's healthy to eat with your phone? I don't. When we eat this weekend lets do it with mindfulness!

Pick a restaurant that you might normally go to but order something first off that will be nutritional. (My nutritionist told me if at a Mexican restaurant order fajitas, and of course don't use the sour cream and cheese and each half) Perhaps Roh, Michelle and FGM might have an idea here for their Asian food that would be a good choice.
Italian....................I would most def save that meal for another day when it was going to be for a special occasion.

Finally, veggies, grilled chicken dishes can always be made up fromscratch in just about any kitchen, along with salad.

Bon apetite..... and make those meals and snacks work it off you.

Anyone have any extra exercise to report? I went for a long walk on the second and will go for another one today Friday!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

jis4judy responded:
Good morning keet
I had some trouble with a few images that has running script attached that usually means it is a protected image someone doesn;t want you to reuse it

weight 152.5 that's up 1 1/2 pounds since yesterday I know I didn;t eat 5 thousand extra calories so it must be from fluid build up in my muscles from the weight lifting I did yesterday

breakfast today
3 oz orange
1/3 C old fashioned oats
1/2 c ff milk
1/3 c sliced strawberries
1/3 T honey
2 almonds sliced
1 oz banana
1 C black coffee

I will be shopping today most likely will take the day off of intentional exercise

I rarely eat out so when I do I get what I want within reason and I skip dessert
and only drink water in the restaurant sometimes tea with lemon

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
Still coming off this sickness. Yuck. But definitely on the up and up now.

Good news is that we did get my exercise bike moved over yesterday, so now I can start doing that again. Yay!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

parakeet210 replied to kalimiller's response:
Judy,
Thanks I will keep that in mind when i'm looking for things. I've tried to stay away from stock photos but apparently not well enuf.
Kali....Glad ur feeling better for sure! yeah bike moved! NSV for you Girl

tweety 'keet'

ausgram replied to parakeet210's response:
Morning everyone! Hey there Kali, get better my dear. Hey Judy and Keet!

Keet, weekends don't bother me. We generally stay home on weekends, cept for church, but then we come right home afterwards.

Weigh- in today 186

Brkfst - 1 cup cantelope, 1 cup joe

Snack - 1/2 piece of cranberry orange bread

Lunch - planning on a big salad, no meat.

Getting ready to do my mile walk.

Yeh, Judy, I dug out my hoods, I will use it next time, course winter is about over I may not need it. But got it JUST in case. LOL
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
It's after noon so I guess I'll say Good Afternoon everyone! Hanging in there today. My weight was the same as yesterday and I love that almost as much as a drop because I figure I'm settling into yesterday's weight! Hooray 213.8!

The plan is for no mayo chicken salad for lunch, and chopped steak for dinner plus veggies.

Glad you're feeling better Kali. Tweety I still can't post photos here or even change my profile picture. Macs do not like this site as far as I can see. I got tired of trying and accepted my fate. Judy did you find your tea?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 213.8 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to ausgram's response:
Good morning ladies!!

Keet in answer to your question about Asian foods. If I go to a fast food Chinese place I will get a small spoonful of rice, stirfried vegetables and whatever meat/chicken dish that looks good to me. For example Kung Pao chicken, peppered chicken, teryaki chicken without the sauce or BBQ pork. I don't get anything that is breaded or deep fried. There is a very good, authentic place close by that I go to occasionally and their chow mein is mostly bean sprouts with water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, celery and chicken, shrimp, etc., with the rice on the side. They also have other dishes like cashew chicken (my favorite) that aren't breaded or deep fried and the rice is on the side. I will only have a little bit of the rice. Every Japanese restaurant I have been to has many dishes that aren't breaded or deep fried. You just need to be careful of the rice.

In my experience most Italian places have many dishes that don't include pasta. Olive Garden has several chicken entres that come with roasted or mashed potatoes and vegetables. It is the herbs that make it Italian. If you're careful with the breadsticks there should not be a problem. Another place we go to called Johnny Carino's has some wonderful salads and once I ordered their ribeye and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Most Italian places now have whole wheat pastas but you do have to request it.

Restaurants are not the enemy. Most places have good, healthier choices. As with anything it is up to you what kind of choices you make.

For dinner last night I had two shrimp tacos and a small taco salad - it's mostly lettuce with a little meat, cheese and tomatoes and about five corn tortilla chips. The line at El Pollo Loco was too long - both inside and drive-thru. I know, excuses, excuses. I'm having my usual sensible fare today at work - yogurt, veggies, cottage cheese, V8.

I've been wanting Indian food and there is a new place in town that I'd like to check out. Indian food is not all curry as some people believe and they use a lot of vegetables.

Here's to a healthy weekend for all of us!!!

Michelle

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Dinner was
pork chop with onions
4.5 oz baked russet potato 2 T ff sour cream
1 1/4 C cooked spinach 1/4 pat butter
side salad with avocado mixed greens 2 slice cuke 1 radish
1 slice red onion 1/4 large yellow pepper 1/2 roma tomato
1 T each red wine vinegar and wishbone robusto dressing \

cup of tea after dinner

hot chocolate again today 1 C ff milk 2 T each unsweetened cocoa powder Ovaltine

that's it so far this afternoon being a slug today
just a few household chores

will have some pistachios and yogurt with berries later

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
I've had a steamed veggie chicken bowl before and that way the sauces don't kill me. Kungpao to hot for me. Those lil red peppers kill me off.

everything in moderation I suppose.

I had a chicken taco with 1/4 c. refried beans.
for lunch
worked out at gym yoga, recumbrant bike and treadmill for 40 mins. today. miss the pool

I walked a lot anyway today because I was looking for some fairy stuff for my fairy garden! I did get a couple of things made outta iron that are adorable.

I was goijng to have Chinese stirfry but now husband wants chicken nachos. His tostitos miniature aren't to bad in calorie and everything else. I have 2 avocados to make guac with and lemons. I will have to be careful of what I put in my mouth with that dinner.

Kathy and Judy Aus and Michelle Fgm and Amber Roh misty kali I see a lot of improvements that you're doing!

Kathy WOW is all I can say, and Judy ur always our leader!
Aus ur loosing weight and doing ur long walks! geared up with the spring wind eh??

I am the same weight but need to be careful this weekend.

God Speed all and have a wonderful weekend. There is a great lil ap called field trip. Really cool. Lets you know what kind of events there are goin on in ur part of the woods.

tweety 'keet'

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Food du jour-

Breakfast - clementine, 1 cup dry cereal

Lunch - 9 oz chicken breast, snow peas, orange pepper, apple

Dinner - 5 oz hamburger patty, 2 slices very thin 40 calorie bread, red onion, 4 cherry tomatoes, red onion

Total calories - 1054
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 213.8 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ladylavender replied to mog1026's response:
Ya'll have been so good. Where did this week go? It got away from me. Sigh. Have a good weekend everyone.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

fairyguidemother responded:
Hey! Glad to see you all on here. I think I was bad yesterday, I had a carmel frappiccino at 280 calories! But the rest of the day I did what I had planned. So I am trying to look at it as not too big of a deal.

Today, 1 egg and toast with butter, tangerine. Lunch cottage cheese with tomatoes and veggie sticks plus 8 crackers. Dinner, Baked chicken with yams and a green salad.

I won't be going out for a meal this weekend so the challenge won't apply yet but I am going to keep the idea for next weekend. Getting nervous because tomorrow is my weigh in day.

Keep the faith, y'all! cheers!
Laughing, loving, dancing with the Fae!

Starting weight 328.6 Goal weight 145. Current weight 321.6

parakeet210 replied to fairyguidemother's response:
hi Abby!! glad you popped in!!
stay the course as best you can because u put a lot of work into urself and yu don't need to let that come back OK??

FGM
We d o slip from time to time and u recognized that and got right back to plan! Pat yourself on the back!!
I bet you still lost weight even with the frappiccino!~ Let us know how it comes out ok. THe girls started the challenge above so you can converse on that thread for the new day.

tweety 'keet'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been bigger than other girls. I was an 8 pound baby and my weight never stopped increasing. I think genetics are partially to blame bu...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.