Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS April 6, Sunday
parakeet210 posted:
Have you ever wondered where this idea really originated? from?

As you can see from this jacket cover it was originally a novel! Go figure!!
Breakfast of Champions, or Goodbye Blue Monday is a 1973 novel by the American author Kurt Vonnegut . Set in the fictional town of Midland City, it is the story of "two lonesome, skinny, fairly old white men on a planet which was dying fast." One of these men, Dwayne Hoover, is a normal-looking but deeply deranged Pontiac dealer and Burger Chef franchise owner who becomes obsessed with the writings of the other man, Kilgore Trout , taking them for literal truth. Trout, a largely unknown pulp science fiction writer who has appeared in several other Vonnegut novels, looks like a crazy old man but is in fact relatively sane. As the novel opens, Trout journeys toward Midland City to appear at a convention where he is destined to meet Dwayne Hoover and unwittingly inspire him to run amok .

So there you have it!

My challenge to you today since its Sunday and that usually means a day off, a family day, church day, quiet day..... Can you who are on this challenge get at least 6 mins. of high octane motorin on body skills. In other words move it as best and as vigoursly as you can for 6 mins to day because its the 6th of the month. Make sure you do a small warm up and cool down!

Post here what your BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS EXERCISE DAY
was all about and did your food choices today help fuel you the best it could or????

Monday will be the 7th day of this challenge. Please all weigh in or tell us ur weight loss since April 1, 2014.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Keet
weigh in not so good I ate too many crackers last night
had the hungry Horrors
153 this morning and I exercised a lot yesterday in spite of my sore foot 30 minutes on the bike and 35 walking

That is interesting about the book having that name before the cereal I wonder if General mills got permission to use it back then LOL

well I still have that nasty cramp in my right foot so I will try the bike again I think I will stop the walking for a while see if I can get whatever is bothering my foot to go away. also I am not in a lot of pain it is an uncomfortable feeling more than pain

Breakfast
3oz orange
1/2 C bran flakes
1/2 C organic oats
2.4 oz strawberries
1 C black coffee

Dinner plans
boneless skinless Chicken breast steamed red potato
spinach or broccoli side salad

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Hey there Keet, yep nothing wrong with sleeping till 11 on a Saturday, especially if you work.

Weigh in - 185 YAY

Brkfst - 1 cup cantelope, 1 cup joe

snack at 11 today at church, 1 plain cake donut, 1/2 cup joe

Lunch - late will be about 3 today - 2 oz of deer meat, veggies and a salad.

I been slacking on the calories havn't been reaching 1200.

Been walking my 2 miles. I will walk it today too, I won't give myself a day off. Sitting in church for 2 1/2 hours is enough rest. Ha.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 responded:
Sorry Tweety. Vonnegut copied Wheaties, not the other way around. The Wheaties slogan was created in 1927.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 213.8 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
I was up .2 yesterday, but down .6 today for a 0.4 loss for the last two days of the week. It may seem nitpicky to count decimals but I seem to be settling into a 1 1/2 lb weekly loss which is perfect as far as I can see. This past week was 1.6 lbs down. Yippee! I can dream that by the end of the year I'll be at a normal weight. Today is 213.4 but next year I want to see the 160's. I am doing it!

The Plan is to eat exactly the same menu as yesterday in exactly the same amount.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 213.8 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

Judy, could your footsie be wanting a banana? A little potassium boost might help.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 213.4 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy sounds like a good idea maybe will get a banana for a snack today I make my hubby eat bananas for his BP
thanks for the suggestion
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
Really Kathy? i.e. Wheaties?????? Well I guess next time I post something as this that I will do extra homework. Ur right Kathy Ur DOIN IT! Keep going!

Judy Remember RICE rest ice compression elevate
and the banana.. and I use special essential oils to rub sometimes my knees with but tiger balm may help too. I've used that too and it does help some.

Hi Aus .... UR doing Great!!!

we went to the main street about 5 miles away and there are shops and restaurants down there. we went into an old fashioned candy store. Haystack.... I had 2
weight up but will post tomorrow as I did not weigh today

bkfst: 2 cuppa 1/21/2, 2 protein toast with honey and cinnamon

thanks for understanding the sleep ins. Just been exhausted!!
I can't seem to get enough rest!!

I'm going to enjoy this day. it was suppose to rain//snow yesterday and it never happened. we're expecting rain this afternoon and the sky looks crazy dark and full of rain. Will it be that way????

tweety 'keet'

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Yuck! homework! Don't do any Tweety! Just accept that some of us are children of the forties and fifties and know the early tv ads! Hahaha!

Milton, Paradise Lost

Tweety, what date did we start this challenge? I can't remember my starting weight unless I can look up the date in my food journal. And yes, I know I'm anal compulsive about this!

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
april 1 we started K. and ur not anal about it! ur doing what it takes to make a huge lifestyle change and that IS VERY IMPORTANT!

gooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Lunch: 2 oz. plain chicken, 1 serving hummus, 1 pita, few cherry tomatoes and 1/4 cuc
coke as I was extremely sick to stomach

dinner: 1 whole wheat tortilla, 2 oz turkey, tommatoe lettuce and light ranch dressing 1 tbsp.small handful mixed nuts

1 starbucks skinny vanilla latte

10 jelly beans (imy dad was taught by diabetic classes 45 yr ago that this was a fruit)

tweety 'keet'

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Food du jour-

Breakfast and Lunch same as yesterday

Dinner the same except add some arugula and radicchio to the plate

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi I did have a 2.4 oz banana as a mid morning snack today

Dinner was
4.6 oz chicken breast boneless and skinless
2.7 oz red potato steamed
1 C broccoli
salad
mixed greens
slice red onion
5 black olives
1 radish
2 slices cuke
1/4 yellow pepper
1 roma tomato
1 T each red wine vinegar and wishbone robusto

1 C hot chocolate with whipped cream

3.5 oz apple 3/4 t natural peanut butter

2 oz pistachios

1/2 C greek plain ff yogurt
1 C frozen cherries
1/8 C great grains
1/2 T honey

3 strips mango

total cals for today 1567

I did 20minutes on bike and 17 minutes weight lifting

increased from 10 reps to 12 from last time

Hugs Judy

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
had a carmel ff milk lattee

also had 1/3 c. pumpkin seeds in shell (yes I eat them whole)

tweety 'keet'

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Did my walk today and just as I got out to the buffalo fence it started to sprinkle. I put my coat over my head and kept going. Course, once I get out there, I don't have a choice but to keep going if I want to get home. LOL
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im a 17 year old girl. Next fall i will be a senior in high school. All ive ever wanted is to walk into a room and have people stare cause i look..wel...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.