Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BREAKFAST OF CHAMPTIONS April 8, Tuesday
parakeet210 posted:
I've given a lot of thought to the plant based information that Abby was taltking about and Michelle too. WOW!

Its funny how things change from one year to another but it sounds like the way to go and Im needing much more info on thisl Thanks again Abby forr starting the thread in a different direction.

HERE WE GO:

YOUGURT, MIXED BERRIES (so good for antioxidants) KASHI BRAN FLAKES OR ANOTHER VENDORS AND I PERSONALLY WOULD ADD SOME NUTS OR SEEDS.

Thursday will be the last day of this challenge. Keep looking for nutritional ways to lower your bad habits. Michelle has taken a while and I did too to get rid of the bad creamers. Its as simple as that. Small changes add up to big happy people who are thinner!

GO GET EM TODAY!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ausgram responded:
Good Morning Keet -

Been waiting for you to post this gotta leave early today.

Weigh In - 186 up one, but that cause of that PF Chang food. I will drop it today. I'll be able to walk outside today too, couldn't yesterday or I'da got blown away. Ha.

Hey Judy and Kathy and Michelle and Kali I know your lurking somewhere in the shadows. hee hee. See you all tonight.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy responded:
Hi tweety keet
well I weighed in today and wish I had not 154
up the 3 pounds I though I removed
oh well I am on this journey forever so will try harder today

shopping is in the plan today g I have to get fresh vegies for the rest of this week
Breakfast today was

1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 C heart to heart
1/2 c ff milk
3.1 oz orange
3 oz strawberries
1C black coffee

Dinner maybe boneless skinless chicken breast asparagus brown rice
salad

depends if it looks good in the store

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
Hey Aus! We don't want u to blow away so glad u didn't walk outside. Get that extra lb. off cuz we have final weigh in on thurs.

Judy..... u are having a hard time of getting those 3 or 4 lbs. to dissolve and move away aren't ya??

Maybe some of it is fluid cuz of ur foot???? How is ur foot? anyway?
can u switch up the caloric intake to lo a few days and then higher where u usually sit? As long as you have a plan to make these go away.... THat's the big deal.

breakfast for me: 2 pieces protein toast with honey and cinnamon
coffee with1/21/2

tweety 'keet'

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Woohoo UCONN! And WOOHOO for a new number 212.8! La la la la, La La La! Keeping with the Plan can work! I WILL NOT QUIT THIS TIME!

Back down to Earth, lunch will be soup or eggs, dinner will be beef

I find it interesting thinking about yesterday's protein discussion that when we talk about a meal we label it with the protein, not the veggie. "Oh I had broccoli last night with a pork chop on the side" might be a healthier way to think. Just saying . The way of thinking can be very powerful. First the mind then the body. Why not choose our vegetables FIRST when we eat. When I am Queen this is how my subjects will think.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 213.2. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Abby, that plant based diet is a great way to go if you mean to lose weight. I have two friends, one a medical professional, who went that way last year and they have completely changed their body shapes. Of course you have to learn how to do it for health, but if you can master the mental challenge I say go for it! They recommended Dr. Gundry's Diet Revolution as a good book that inspired them.

I like the idea and Im certainly eating a lot more fruits and veggies, but Im not ready yet to make the complete switch. I can see myself drifting more and more in that direction in the future however.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.8 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning ladies!!

If any of you do decide to go more towards a plant based diet you will definitly need to take extra vitamin B-12. I know so many people who think they HAVE to have some kind of animal protein with every meal. Not true at all. I know some Asian Indians and a lot of them are vegetarians and they are very healthy in general and not at all heavy. It also seems to me that most of the Asian cultures use animal protein more as a flavoring rather than the main focus of a meal.

Several years ago I was eating a lot of Boca Burgers (veggie burgers) with a sweet potato and tomatoes for dinner. My blood sugar readings during that time were excellent. I should go back to doing that. I tried several kinds of veggie burgers and I liked the Boca Burgers the best. I've had vegetarian hot dogs - they were OK but not my favorites. My son swears that soyrizo tastes the same as regular chorizo (Mexican sausage).
One of the things that I like about tofu is that it takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with. To me it is better with a lot of seasonings but then I'm a spicy girl.

For dinner last night I had a grilled chicken McD's salad with basalmic. I feel pretty good about that.

Here's a good, healthy side dish. Cut up zucchini and potatoes about the same size and put them in a baking dish. Cover them with stewed tomatoes and season with garlic, salt and pepper. Bake/roast uncovered until the vegetables are fork tender. You could always sprinkle some parm or mozzerela cheese on top too so it could be used as a meal instead of a side dish.

Well I've got to go get a yogurt. I'm feeling hungry finally.

Michelle

fairyguidemother replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi all! I finally get a turn on the computer! I had a good weekend but on Monday I ate way too many pretzels. grrrr! Why would I blow it on pretzels!? Any way, I did not lose any weight at all this week. Exactly the same, even to the ounce. But my clothes are all baggy. I was wearing a skirt with an elastic waist band while shopping and it got caught on something and almost fell down! I caught it but can't be wearing that again. So I guess it's ok to not lose anything this week.

Today, egg and potato breakfast with tangerine. Lunch: kim chi soup, a big bowl is 160 ca. and I will have a half a cup of rice.

Dinner, is a huge beef stir fry with shirataki noodles. Have you tried those? zero carbs zero calories pasta. Ancient Asian food. made from mountain yam which is used to treat diabetes. I love them!

I must run, tomorrow will be a day when I get more time on here. See you all then! Blessins, FGM
Laughing, loving, dancing with the Fae!

Starting weight 328.6 Goal weight 145. Current weight 321.6

mog1026 replied to fairyguidemother's response:
I didn't eat what I expect. I went back to the chicken and egg. Which came first I wonder?

Food of the day

Breakfast - clementine, 1 cup dry cereal

Lunch - egg beaters, dry English muffin, 2 strips microwave bacon

Dinner - 3 3/4 oz chicken breast, 1 2/3 cups roasted squash cubes, 2 stalks celery, 1/2 cup arugula, 1/4 zucchini, 1/3 head of endive, 2 T ranch dressing

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to parakeet210's response:
Yes Keet I am struggling with those Christmas pounds that refuse to leave

Dinner was as planned asparagus brn rice with mushrooms 4.9 oz boneless skinless Chicken breast

.4 avocado just less than half an avocado
1 1/2 c mixed greens 1/4 Bell pepper yellow 2 slice cuke
1 slice red onion 1 roma tomato
1 T each red winevinegar and WB robusto dressing

6 oz apple 1 1/2 T natural peanut butter

2 oz red grapes

2 oz pistachios in shell

1/3 C chobani plain ff yogurt
1/3 T honey
2 T great grains crunchy pecan
1 C sliced strawberries

total calories including breakfast 1399

Did my shopping today and did take a walk foot feels much better

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
hey Judy

So glad to hear ur foot is better!!

I had a big day.. 2nd training session WOW a butt kicker but using the muscles that none of us ever use and that makes a huge difference!! one hour of GREAT exercise!

dinner: 2 all beef franks 80 cal each 2 small pc toasted pumpernickel mustard onions
2 yellow squash, 1 red pepper, 1 lb asparagus lightly tossed in aged evoo a bit of season salt, pepper, onion powder
baked 350 for 15 mins. eat it was a lot of veggies but I needed them

snack tonight was frozen bing cherries thawed with 3 T ready whip about 15 cherries

tweety 'keet'

ladylavender replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, so funny you mentioned how we label our meals - by usually naming the meat portion first. That exact thought was brought up in the class, LOL. When someone asks us what we are having for dinner, we generally respond with the meat, "Chicken," "Steak," or whatever. Cool that you mentioned it.

I was closer to a plant-based diet a few years ago than I am now. Sigh. BTW, the reason I don't say "vegan," is because that sometimes implies way more than just a plant-based diet, like not wearing leather and stuff like that.

Maybe I need to re-read the book that made a believer out of me. It's called "Mad Cowboy," by the guy that was on Oprah, years ago now, and talking about the meat industry. That show generated a law suit against Oprah, which she WON, and won on Texas soil. It's an easy read and very enlightening. It's like an inside story.

I'm super-duper stressed with LIFE right now and drowning in my go-to addiction: bad food. I probably need a swift kick in the seat of my pants, ha.

WHY? Why do we think so little of ourselves that we hurt our bodies with bad "fuel?" We are all worth treating ourselves with care and love...I wish I could find the light switch I need before it's too late.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
KICK KICK KICK KICK! If that's what you need Im here to give it Abby

Milton, Paradise Lost

ladylavender replied to bigred53's response:
Hi, Michelle. If I remember correctly, B12 is not hard to come by if you eat cereal at all or use the nutritional yeast (can sprinkle that on popcorn, for example). That is something to be aware of, though.

When my mom had to make sure she ate a low-sodium diet, we learned that a lot of veggie meats (fake meat) is high in sodium. Just a caution sign there. I used to eat a lot more of those than I do now. Originally the veggie meats were meant to be a stepping stone toward a plant-based diet and not a stopping point, LOL.

Want to hear something funny? On recent testing I took for career counseling, one career that turned up more than once was dietitian. If I could do better at using the information in my head, I would give that some serious thought, but that's sort of like putting the cart before the horse to head that direction at my weight. It makes me picture an overweight fitness instructor teaching a class.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
The more I think about the aha moment, the more I think it's the addiction, Stupid ( not you, me)! I find that if I can stay away from the junk for 24 hours, the next day is easier and it continues to get easier. But the moment my brain convinces me I can have that piece of cake just once, I'm down the rabbit hole again. This last time it took me 4 months to climb out. It must be what it's like to be an alcoholic and in my case sugar is the drug. I can't let myself be sabotaged by Special Occasions any more. If this is what it's like for you, tell yourself you will eat cleanly for just one day and then see how you feel the next. Maybe you can keep going.

Milton, Paradise Lost

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.