Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
An_256581 posted:
Yes I was wanting to get some exercise tips im very out of shape i have arthiritis in my knees. Im not eating any red meat ive cut out soda pop I have a job where i sit alot and I work 3 to 11:30 so I need healthy snack ideas besides yogurt

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Newb 581,
Because of your arthritis, I suggest snacks with "healthy" fats. Nuts such as almonds, walnuts and cashews
Sliced Avocados
Canned Tuna or Sardines w/ whole grain crackers
Fresh Berries
Dried (or fresh) tart Cherries
Edamame (soy beans, can be found in pod or without in frozen foods)

You may also want to check out this link for a better idea of what and how to eat for your arthritis.
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02012/anti-inflammatory-diet

hope this helps and welcome to the site.

kim
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
So glad to see you KIM How are you doing ?
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Muuuuuch better today, Judy.
Remember when Laura started having troubles with her arches? And I'd just started having those same pains, and told her that "tippy toe" exercises would help strengthen her arches and help with the pain?

Well... guess what?! I built up a muscle in my arches all right, but the stupid thing caused pressure on those nerves and I ended up getting planter fascitis.
I can now honestly say that there is a pain out there that can overshadow that of my hip. But combined..... let's just say that I have been living on Ibuprofen PM, yes PM, all day every day for about a month and a half.
I even tossed the idea of suicide around a few times. Believe that?
Well, this morning finally, was the first that I noticed the burning ache was easing . Right at that moment as a matter of fact, it was gone. It came back a bit during the day, but it gave me a little ray of hope.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh Crap Kim
I had a sore foot the last few weeks too Mine just got better a day or so ago .. it was a cramp in the top over the arch of my foot and before that it was on the inside of my heel area just below the ankle bone ... weird pains and I know I did not injure it ... pain in the feet are the worse ever because it sidelines you and limits your activity... on top of all that my daughter broke a bone in her foot while doing dance exercise
she has a sprain and a broken bone . so I should consider myself fortunate that mine was just over use pain //
I am so glad you are doing better and the drugs helped
I know you are an expert on injury pain having had your self rebuilt so to speak after that accident
moderation in exercise is what we need to remember
over doing it doesn't do us much good
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ow ow! My sister and I both have had bouts with plantar fasciitis. It forced her to give up the softball she loved and I got a stint with it after a marathon day of big box store shopping in ballet flats. It eventually subsided however, and got a little more bareable after I learned to stretch my Achilles' tendons by leaning toward the wall in the morning when I woke up and before I took a step. Hope yours disappears soon.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
That's sort of what I've been doing, Kathy.
Before I get out of bed in the morning, I lie on my back and stretch my toes as far toward my head as possible and hold for a count of 10 or so, then relax and do it about 4 times with both feet. Then I never touch the bare floor without some type of shoes or slippers. It's getting better but what a rotten type of pain. It just sucks the life out of you.

huggs
k
gw 135

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I can't imagine breaking a bone in my foot too. Until this, I really didn't think too much about foot pain. This is an entirely different type of pain beast. And it just keeps going because you HAVE to get up and use your feet and there's really no way to baby them. They take a lot of abuse just from daily use.

huggs
k
gw 135

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I hear your puppies barkin when they barked.

I just now at 330 mtn standard time saw this thread.
Kathy and all of the challengers have done great!
very glad ur back and tickin with less pain! You are a very courageous person.... therein lies a great way to health and a fantaboulous life!! think about it
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

blondie454u responded:
Welcome!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mcguirestormie replied to totallywiggedout's response:
thank you for the tips

Spotlight: Member Stories

I gained weight after losing a great job.... the Dr I worked for retired unexpectedly and I was out in the work force for the first time in a long tim...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.