Skip to content
trouble with exercise
fairyguidemother posted:
Good morning friends. I am having some severe knee troubles and can barely walk lately. So it is discouraging to think of fitness activities. Anyone know a good stretching video or have any ideas for me? I am pretty heavy and that is a big part of the knee trouble. I know I would do better with some kind of movement. I am ready to do something, just point me in the right direction please.

You are so encouraging, I really look forward to my computer time so I can check in. Thanks for being there.
Laughing, loving, dancing with the Fae!

Starting weight 328.6 Goal weight 145. Current weight 321.6

mog1026 responded:
I have the same kind of knee trouble so I understand the struggle with exercise. Chair exercises may be your best bet and there are lots to choose from on YouTube. I'm particularly fond of the Waka Waka one! You also may find something you like under resources over on the left hand side of this page. Good Luck!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

fairyguidemother replied to mog1026's response:
Hey! Thanks, that Waka waka one is just what I was looking for. You totally rock, Kathy! Hope a sunshine ray follows you all day.

shalak14 responded:
A really good thing I started was pilates and yoga. When I was younger I threw my back out and you can start at lower level and they give you a easier option in most videos. Amazon is a great place to order DVDs. They are like 10 bucks if that.

SW-270 CW-223.8 GW-145

rohvannyn responded:
Exercise bands are nice to have around. You can do upper arm exercises, torso exercises, single leg exercises, and a variety of other things if you get creative. A good set can be had for around thirty dollars. I found mine on E-Bay, but I think you can find them on Amazon too. Get the kind with the handles, and a variety of weights so you can adjust things to your needs. If they come with a door anchor, you can do even more stuff. You can do aerobic, flexibility, and strength training exercises with them depending on how you use them. Not bad for thirty bucks!

...aaaaaand now I've got to get my exercise bands out of the closet.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 192.4 Goal: 140

mog1026 replied to rohvannyn's response:
That's a good idea Roh. Mine are dangling over a closet door feeling lonely!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
i'm doing new stuff with my body. i do yoga tree pose, i am also flexible due to my many years of not being able to get around and bend with my knees...i stretch my spine down to the floor. pt helping me too.

my battery is dying gotta go
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

fairyguidemother replied to shalak14's response:
OK! I will check on this Shalak, great idea. And Roh, I forgot about those bands. I will get some asap. Tweety, I don't know much about yoga, but I am curious. You guys have sparked me up. Thanks, I will keep you posted!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently took the plunge into stay-at-home mom-hood. I have four children, ranging in age from 1.5 to 17; two are step-children and two are by pregn...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.