Skip to content
Back to my old habits due to relationship with self
justmejust posted:
Hi all, hope you are well today! I am back to my old worst diet habits. Yesterday I started on a full bag of bar b q chips and a box of 6 swiss rolls. My weight is up 10 lb from my recent weight loss journey to 197.4. I keep trying and slipping. Seems to coincide with the stress of improving, or resisting improving, my most important relationship: the one I have with myself! Goes like this: successes, then setbacks, etc....
Cheers! Laura
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 responded:
Lets see Laura....you, me, and Kim all repounded after our weight losses last year. Is this a winter thing or what? At least YOURS was only 10 lbs. I blinked my eyes and I was 223.8 lbs! Aaaaargh! Lets cut that out. Okay?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Bad grammar above, sorry. It screamed at me when I posted it. Laura, I wish I understood why we eat junk like that. We were talking about addiction yesterday, but is it as simple as just liking the taste, or being afraid to succeed? You took that weight off last year like it was butter melting on a hot day. It was amazing for me to watch and I've said this year that I want to be the new Laura. Maybe you do need to bump back up again for your body to reset and then you'll be ready to fight your way down the scale again.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.4 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
Laura, it's funny, but I was (honestly) thinking of you first thing this morning. You, not this group.
I was wondering how you've been , how your feet are (since mine suck pretty bad lately) and if you are still doing all of those aerobics classes that you'd gotten into.
Made me jealous btw. All that energy you had gotten and the new improved outlook, to boot.
Setbacks are learning experiences and resting periods. Laura don't kick yourself for being human. Ok?
You have talent and inner beauty and a wonderful family. Be grateful , count your blessings , then get your butt in gear, keep your chin up , and keep looking toward the horizon.

now, about your binge. what's up? What's eating you that's making you eat like that?
Can we help?

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

jis4judy responded:
Hi Laura

over this winter I gained 6 pounds and just got some of it off ..
it was a hard winter and every time the snow would fall I got the munchies now is spring time for a new start
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Laura sweetie you've been missed! I've been thinking about you too. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I've been having some too. I think winter is a hard time for most people. After all we are animals and in the winter we want to eat and hibernate.

Imo you need to come back and post every day. When you were doing that you were losing. I know you're busy with family and work but you deserve to take a few minutes for yourself to help yourself. Coming here daily helps to keep me focused. Together we can conquer this weight!

You've got to love yourself too. You are worth being healthy and happy! And all of us want that for you.

Xoxox

Michelle

parakeet210 replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Laura! Big waves!~~~~

Its the pits when we fall back but in doing so we will overcome adversity and the reason I know you will because you have before. Fight to be light!! that's my own original saying!

Consider it just a bump in the road!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

justmejust replied to bigred53's response:
Thanks everyone, Michelle, Judy, Kim, and Kathy! Judy, I am impressed to hear you gained 6 this past winter and was able to remove it. Since I weigh 40 more pounds than you, perhaps I can lose my 10! Kim, I started working part time last fall for a call center for macys.com. I started a 20 hour early evening shift, then moved up to 25 hour day shift. So the 6-8 hours of fun workout classes every week have whittled down to 2-3 hours each week. I miss my favorite work out classes. But I still love working out when I can, very much! Thanks Michelle, I try to post here when I can, just like try to keep up my exercise, but you might be right, I can try harder to do more of both! My social life with my girlfriend, family and hubby are picking up too though: spent last weekend on retreat with friend, the weekend before out of town with my friend, going on double date with friends to the Broadway musical of "Once" tonight at the Theatre! Etcetera! Kathy, thank you so much for the encouraging words. Some part of me feels like it is a weight reset thing. Still, my eyes pop out at the nutrition bare choices.

Hugs all around, to everyone! Laura
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to parakeet210's response:
Thanks tweety keet. It's like every day I resolve to do better again and every day I eat unhealthy foods again...I need a new healthy addiction. Perhaps addiction to healthy lifestyle, exercise, positive affirmations, calorie control, nutrition, etc.
Laura

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
Laura,

Glad to see you! Everyone has given you great advice and my input is remember you are worth everything! Don't lose yourself to that poison or self doubt. You're unique and wonderful!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
I'm really trying to win the argument with myself to believe that I am worth everything. That was keen of you to point out to me Amber, I appreciate the feedback. I noticed that I actually say to myself in my head when I am choosing to give in and eat bunches of high calorie zero nutrition foods that I give up on my personal relationship challenges with others and myself.

Well, then I try, try again, give up again, etc., try again, etc. and finding myself 10 pounds, 15 pounds, plus more pounds later and another half clothes size and more up.

Well, I keep re-evaluating, working through the negative eating habits and stresses of my three teenagers, hubby, work, brothers, myself, life, adulthood issues such as environment, broken friendships, my own mistakes, most of all communication struggles with all of the above persons.

Geez, I'm going to the gym first thing tomorrow, it will help me to be more proactive instead of wallowing over my spilt milk as demonstrated in that previous paragraph! Hahahahaha, laughing about myself, feeling good about laughing at myself and smiling at my awareness of it. Love you dear friends here. Thanks for listening and supporting and understanding and sharing and advising. Huggs,
Laura

bigred53 replied to justmejust's response:
Hey Lovely Laura! You are not alone in any of your struggles. Communication with others and even with yourself can be tough. We all have to keep at it.

I struggle with full sugar soda and just about any kind of chips. If you've been reading you'll have seen that I've made a couple of deals with myself. If I can go a month without any soda I can buy myself a new and smaller pair of pants. Then when I get to onederland I get to buy myself a $300 Anuschka purse I've been drooling over. Maybe you could try something like that. I've got 20 days to go for new pants.

I know that soon you'll be able to get back on the healthy eating wagon. I do understand how difficult it is. I keep reading Kim's new quote about changing the way of thinking. I copied on a sticky note and stuck it on my monitor at work. Roh shared one by Amelia Earhart that I also copied. I'm going to tape it to the wall by my desk. Both quotes really spoke to me about some difficult truths I need to figure out. Sometimes a little something someone says can be so profound it wakes you up.

I'm glad you're able to laugh at yourself. I do that too. It's a great stress reducer.

Sweetie you are so worth the effort to be healthy and happy. We're all here to listen and to help.

Xoxox

Michelle

totallywiggedout replied to bigred53's response:
Hey Laura!! Hi Sweety!!!

Got one for you.... here you go, ladykins...

Baby steps , Laura.... you know the drill.

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Laura, think about coming back on a daily basis. We miss you and you were so successful when you were posting everything you ate and burned. Maybe you respond better to discipline? KIM, GET THE WHIPS! Hahaha!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 211.4 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura
your post went through a lot of stress that may or may not be happening in your life .. the main thing I find in personal relationships is everyone else doesn't think just like me It took me a while to really enjoy the differences ...
I remember raising teenagers I basically had to do that by myself my hubby was working 2 jobs and I was stressed
working 1 job and raising the kids ...It was a time when I thought my hubby should think and feel like me . I was talking on the phone to my sister and she said to me "doesn't John have a right to his own feelings ?" that question woke me up from my stress . I started respecting his feelings it took a while before he respected mine but it did happen ...someone has to start it ..
My perception was all wrong at the time so was his But I could not control his I could only control mine
that's when I became a fan of the serenity prayer
that prayer guided me to a more serene life and helped with my nutrition quest .
My hubby and I are very happy together now
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

After struggling with PCOS for years I got pregnant at 300 lbs, my ultimate high after pregnancy was 317 lbs. After my daughter was born 3 years ago, ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.