Baked russet potato with ff sour cream
spinach cooked
side Salad

exercise plans a nice vigorous walk in the neighborhood

the usual nuts yogurt and fruit later in the day

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
Hi Judy! It's good to see that face and that rainbow first thing in the AM!

It's another day of me learning to treat food as fuel and it's another day of a 0.2 loss to 212.2. Last night as I finished my mug of hot Roma to signal the end of eating for the day, I suddenly started thinking about the healthy snacks I used last year in the evening. I still have a box of Larabars around. But I realized I was never hungry at all in the evening and they were filling another need for me. I'm not sure what hole they were filling but they were spackle on my psyche wall. This year I'm learning to live without them and it feels good!

The Plan is for a peanut butter and banana lunch and chicken and white beans for dinner.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.4 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Good job Kathy
you are making this work for you soon we will see you in the 100s Onederland as we call it
Just maintaining after you get to goal weight it is basically the same thing because your smaller body uses less calories to fuel it but with less weight you will be able to move around more and help the metabolism recharge
maybe while maintaining you could have one of those Larabars just not every day

I know I used to eat to fill an empty place I had after my Mom passed away many years ago I felt like something was missing inside of me and I filled it with sweets the strange thing is it never really filled that place because I kept doing it .. I don't feel that emptiness anymore since my Nutrition Quest ...
You maybe are experience the empty nest syndrome
the kids growing up and being away from home I had a little bit of that too
Just keep that nice outlook you have now and rock this journey
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning! I don't have much time right now but I do have to say that both of you rock! Kathy your determination is awesome and you're learning about yourself too. Judy you're down half a pound too. I know how much your holiday gain has been troubling you. You're awesome too!

I'll check back later as I'm leaving in a few minutes for a meeting and lunch. Lunch is supposed to be chicken salad.

Michelle.

mog1026 replied to bigred53's response:
Judy and Michelle, thank you so so much for the encouragement! You both have had enormous success at this with, I think, a hundred pound loss each, I am in awe of that. But I'm determined to join you someday.

I understand that the dried fruit and nuts and popcorn and dark chocolate that I ate in the evening all have good nutrients that I would love to add to my diet, but for me right now it's all about the calories. I am a human calculator at the moment and I'm terrified to do anything that would make the cravings return. Maybe later with more activity I can add them occasionally, but in the near future I'm going to stick to the calories that give me a slow but steady loss.

I think you are right Judy. I had a lot of sad losses in the last decade. It may be part of life but it does take it's toll in grief. And I loved being a full time Mom and that job slowed down then too. Maybe those are my holes. Fill em up, Fill em up with fruit and veggies! Love you guys! xxoo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.2 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi all,
I'm a bit late in but I have been a busy girl.
Michael had to do some ot so I got up at 545 to get him around and out the door.
Then I washed dishes , showered, got my scuba gear in the car and went to participate with this weekend's class in the pool so that I can refresh before my open water test the weekend of the 25th.
I was really concerned with my abilities, or lack thereof, when I went through my class a month ago. It's way way harder than it looks to get that perfect bouyancy that you need to keep from floating topside or hitting bottom. I just could not figure out my new BCD (bouyancy control device) vest and how much ballast weight I needed.
Today I was doing much better and now am more confident for my test. I'll probably go for their morning pool session tomorrow too, just for sh-ts and giggles...

Then when I came home, had to tub wash and rinse all of my gear then set it up to drain and dry.

AM weight, up a lb. figured as much since I splurged last night when the kids ordered a couple of late night pizzas.
Bah, kids!

It's ok, I really did some kicking today and have only had a banana and a zoic vanilla protein shake so far.

I think lunch will be a fruit and veggie smoothie. I'm tired and am really contemplating a nap here right soon.

Dinner... ummmmm.....
--2 filets of cheesy tilapia (tilapia spread w/ 1 laughing cow light and sprinkled w/ 2 crushed ritz then baked)
--Steamed broccoli w/ fresh squeezed lemon
--crispy roasted sweet potato slices (1 sm sweet potato)

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.
Kathy and Judy, grats on your weight losses, you both sound like you are finding or reestablishing your groove.

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

ausgram responded:
Nice to see that rainbow up there. Hi Judy, Kathy, Michelle and Kim. Glad to see you back Kim. I sure missed you.

Ok, down to brass tacks here -

Weight In - 185

Brkfst - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, oh boy how yummy this is. and 1 cup of joe

morning snack - cranberry bread, 1 cup joe

Lunch - Left overs. ughs.

Walking my one mile out to the buffalo fence. I'm so glad I can do this again.

Judy, I'm hoping some day to be down to your weight. That's my goal. Might be a long time coming, but I will work on it till they put me in the grave. Ha.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -187; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Ah, God! Don't even mention the grave, Aus.
We all have a long way to go before they'll be kicking dust over us.
I , personally , refuse to go until I've completed my bucket list. And since everything on it is expensive to do.. I figure I have many many M A N Y years ahead of me , yet.

grats on the Buffalo fence. I'm glad that you now have a path to walk.

huggs
k

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

bigred53 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I'm back from the meeting. I bought three books and a bag to carry them in. Lunch was chicken salad on a croissant with a yummy fruit salad and strawberries on the side. There were cupcakes for dessert but those don't thrill me (sorry Kathy) so I passed them by. Fred the man who made lunch made way too much so I've got a baggy of chicken salad and one of fruit salad so I'm set for dinner.

One of the books I bought will have stories about some of my ancestors in it. My sister said it's a really good book. I'm excited to read it.

Food for yesterday: a granola bar, a bacon burger on a wheat bun. For dinner my son and I went to a new place called Cruisers. I had a dirty martini and we both had the pulled pork sandwich. I had a side salad instead of fries. Yea me! ! Lol. I think I enjoyed the martini the most. It was okay but I doubt we'll go back. It can be fun to try new places. Oh I had a granola bar this morning too.

I'm going to take a nap now since I had to get up early this morning.

Michelle

mog1026 replied to bigred53's response:
Food du jour

Breakfast - clementine, 1 1/2 cup dry cereal

Lunch - 6 oz no mayo chicken salad with snow pea pods and orange pepper, apple

Dinner - 3 1/2 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup white beans, 2 olives, 1/2 cup arugula, 2 stalks celery, 5 cherry tomatoes, slice of red onion, 1/3 cup blueberries
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.2 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Well, I'm back in for a minute. My nap sucked me down the rabbit hole for 5 hours! lol
Rumplestiltskin says "hi!" btw.

Well, I guess I needed it. All told , it still added up to just over 8 hours of sleep for the "night".

Unfortunately, that'll kick my dinner into the late zone, but I still think I'll end up ok . It should balance out and I think Monday's weight will be right on track. At least I'm hoping.....

Breakfast tomorrow will probably be on the fly again, due to scuba. But I'll be back in afterward to post.

huggs you guys
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.