Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No will power
getsum posted:
Man how can I stop these uncontrollable cravings

totallywiggedout responded:
It really depends on what you are craving. There are different tactics that I take.
First of all, make sure to drink a full 18 oz of water and wait about 10 min. Your brain cannot distinguish between hunger pangs and thirst. Thirst is the first thing to quench before giving in.
If , after the 10 min, you still want something, say, crunchy and salty, try some cucumber slices or a dill pickle
If you want something sweet, give in with healthier, lower cal choices.
--A sugar free hot chocolate with a squirt of ff Redi Whip
or freeze one of these and eat like a wendy's frosty.
--sf jello and some ff Redi whip
--2 T of melted dark chocolate chips with 2-3 lg marshmallows, a sliced banana, strawberries or fresh orange slices to dip into the chocolate
--If you crave a salty/sweet, try air popped popcorn, sprayed with Butter flavored cooking spray , then sprinkled with sf jello or a combination of a packet of stevia and cinnamon.... add a few raisins, craisins or almonds to boost the nutrition too.
--If you want cool and creamy, try a single greek yogurt (like lemon) with a few slightly thawed frozen raspberries, blackberries or blueberries

No matter what, if you do go for the snack, eat it slowly. Relish every bite, and have more water with it to help fill you up and help you metabolize the food better.

hope this helps some
kim
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

bigred53 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi getsum and welcome. Look on the right side of this page under Helpful Resources. Click on Craving Crushers. Kim posted that about four months ago or so. For example if you're craving chocolate it means you need more magnesium. I've got to remember to print it out so I can keep it handy. I've been having some terrible almost uncontrollable cravings for soda and I've got to STOP it pronto!

I'm glad my brain started working and I remembered that post. Btw Kim have I told you lately how awesome I think you are?

Getsum please keep coming back. This is a wonderful group and we're all striving to get healthy.

Michelle

bigred53 replied to bigred53's response:
If it's not there go to the search engine at the top right and enter craving crushers.

Michelle

totallywiggedout replied to bigred53's response:
Craving Crushers http://exchanges.webmd.com/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange Freaked out for an Unhealthy Snack?

totallywiggedout posted:

Try cleaner options.

huggs
k

Here you guys go... and Michelle, thank you for remembering this post. I'd, honestly , forgotten that I'd put this into resources and it's a good pointer to have on hand.
I think you're pretty awsome, too !

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

bigred53 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim. We're all awesome!

Michelle

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten so great advice!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. Im a 26yr old mother, wife, and full-time employee. And I am extremely over weight. Approximately 102 lbs to be exact. I feel terrible about m...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.