3 oz strawberries
2.5 oz orange
1 C black coffee
going shopping to get fresh stuff
for my journey
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
Hey hey!

Had special k strawberry and chocolate cereal for breakfast again with soy milk. I forgot to bring lunch to work this morning (I stayed up too late last night watching a movie and was tired this morning) so I'll be having a single serve packet of ranch tuna with ritz crackers. Probably a package (two in a package) of fig bars (they are like fig newtons but 100% natural - I got them at costco) for a snack.

I should be having yoga tonight
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
So this rainy depressing morning I am playing the victim....I'm a victim of the unexpected weight gain. I'm up almost a pound. It hasn't happened in the 5 weeks that I've been really trying, but I know it will pass. Grrrrrr Gnashing of teeth!

The plan is eggs for lunch and chicken for dinner. No more salty soup for me even tho there's another serving in the fridge! "Ain't nobody got time for that!"
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kali and Kathy

My day has been sporadic and not totally going my way
too but I did manage to get shopping done got a great walk in the wind and showers Got wet and blown arouns some but did that 1 hour walk
I slept late and did weigh in I am down the pound I gained yesterday 152 today

Dinner was steak mushrooms baked potato w fat free sour cream broccoli and the side salad with black olives in place of the avocado everything else is the same

878 cals so far today including breakfast

Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Howdy, howdy everyone. I was here early but Judy hadn't posted so I decided to wait till I got home today. We had to leave early for our meeting. Since I was in charge of the contest we were having and the potluck we had to be there earlier then normal.

Anyway, nice to see you Judy, Kali, Kathy.

Weigh In 184, that popped my bubble I was floating in since yesterday. ha ha!

Brkfast - 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, 1 cup joe

Lunch - 1 ? Tbsp green bean casserole, 1 real thin slice of ham, bean & veggie salad, 1/4 cup scallop potatoes and 1 small but bigger then it should have been cheese cake.

And I'm sitting here right now at 4:01pm eating a very small cupcake and drinking coffee. But that'll be it for the day.

I been keeping my calories, cept the couple days I didn't write them down, right at 1,000.
I have to say I'm not walking today cause at our meeting I walked my legs off helping everyone and I'm beat.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, you got more guts then me. I cannot get myself to walk even in the strong winds, let alone showers. No mam!! But that's why your doing better then me too.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

tbird88 responded:
Hi Judy,

I had honey nut cheerios and nonfat milk for breakfast. I walked to the gym this morning and did the treadmill for 1/2 hour and some weightlifting for 20 minutes then I walked home. It was pretty decent morning. If I increase my exercise to 2-3x daily from once daily. Would that increase my weight loss? I am at 251 now and I want to weight 160. I just want to hurry and get this weight off....I have a family reunion in July and I am getting married in September. I especially want to look nice for wedding. Any suggestions welcome.

Tia

mog1026 replied to tbird88's response:
Tia, I am sure that any exercise you do will help you on your journey. Just be careful that you continue to watch your food. I read something yesterday that has stuck with me. " Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym". My doctor told me that weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. That seems to be the general consensus. Keep with your healthy program and you will surely be lighter for your special occasions.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.8 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Food du jour

Breakfast - clementine, 2 cups dry cereal

Lunch - egg beaters, dry English muffin, 2 strips microwave bacon, apple

Dinner - 4 oz chicken breast, 2/3 cup mashed potato, 1/2 cup arugula, 5 cherry tomatoes, slice of red onion, 2 T ranch dressing

Calories - 1067
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.8 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Tia, I agree with Kathy. Also you must remember that you (we) didn't gain the weight over night so we can't expect to lose it over night either. Losing one or two pounds a week is a healthier way to go. By working out you are gaining muscle mass which will show up in lost inches as well as lost weight.

Here's my food so far - whooppee!!. Two ff Greek yogurts, serving of pistachios, two servings sugar snap peas (so good), four stalks celery, two baby cucumbers, about two Tbs of peanut butter and a V8. I think I'll have the grilled chicken salad tonight. Last night I had a chicken cantina bowl from Taco Bell. I think it's about 600 calories. Tia, I wish I had someone to cook dinner for me - I'm SO jealous.

I know I could always go to my grocery store and get a couple of pieces of the roasted chicken from the deli and a salad too. More and more it is getting easier to buy already prepared healthy food for lazy folks like me...lol.

My office partner is about getting on my last nerve about my baggy pants! In a way I'm pleased that people are noticing but stop bugging me to spend money. I finally told her today to please stop bugging me about it because I was going to keep wearing this size of pants until they started falling off me because I really can't afford to go replace them all right now. She's very slim - 5'10" and a size 8. She nibbles on candy all day and chips too. Today she brought in two chocolate eclairs and was going to give me one. Yikes. I told her if she did I would throw it in the trash. She was kind of shocked but I think she is starting to understand what a problem food can be for me at times. She is always telling me how good I eat. I told he what a struggle it is for me sometimes. I told her that sometimes when I start to eat something - like chips - I don't stop until the bag is empty. So the other day when I had that small bag of chips with my Subway only eating half of them at a time was a real victory for me.

Kathy, I think that is why your friend is doing so well on that program. The food is prepared for you and you really don't have to make any decisions on your own. Our way is the better way IMO because we are learning how to eat the proper way. Like you said - eat to live, not live to eat. We need to find other things to fill that hole inside that we used to fill with food. How about some good nookie?...lol. I know, I'm bad.

Well my dears gotta get some more work done.

Michelle

jis4judy replied to tbird88's response:
Hi Tia getting the food right is way more important than the exercise for weight removal if you over do exercise your weight removal will stop dead in it's tracks so it is pointless to try to exercise weight off .. Some exercise is good but ease into it so you don't injure yourself and be sidelined ..
get the eating habits changed first then increase exercise..
like the others said 2 pounds a week is top level weight removal 100 pounds 5 at a time will take about 1 year
but getting the eating right will keep it off too
Hugs Judy

tbird88 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank you Kathy, Michelle and Judy. I will take your advice and focus on my food intake first and make sure that I have that streamlined first and then I will focus on increasing my exercise. I will focus on losing 2 lbs a week because that is the healthy thing to do. That would be real nice to lose 2 lbs. a week! I have 91 lbs left to lose. So I have about 1 year. It seems like a long time but I guess as time rolls along it will come pretty quick.
Thank you for listening and asking my question.

Tia
SW 267 CW 251

Spotlight: Member Stories

Having weight issues is not new to me. Maintaining a healthy weight has been a life long issue. Being 100+ lbs. overweight is something new. After a f...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.