Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Reboot, continued
rohvannyn posted:
I feel like I'm maing progress. I've added more fruit and vegetables to my diet, mostly spicy v-8 for now along with pure cherry juice, pure cranberry, and pure pomegranate juice, no sugar added, no additives of any kind for the fruit juices. Antioxidents! Been drinking green tea too, the powdered whole leaf kind, also without sugar. Haven't cut out the rice yet. I cut down my junk food a LOT so only had two small departures, both really minor and very in control compared to before. I've been resisting the temptation to add sugar to my drinks so that's good. I've got to keep up with that. My spouse is acting like I'm eating a WHOLE BUNCH of it, which I don't think I am, but whatever, I really don't need any white sugar. So I can use that negative feedback to my advantage.

I managed 3 walks out of four opportunities last week and did a LOT of lugging things around and climbing up and down stairs on saturday, and took a walk yesterday and today.

No weight loss yet, but no weight gain either. I weighed in exactly the same. I'll weigh again this weekend and I suspect the result will be better. It's nice not to have gained any!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 192.4 Goal: 140
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
yes Roh not gaining any is very good too are you still having problems chewing ? all those juices would be better if they were whole fruits . I Occasionally use unsweetened cranberry juice and put in in water to flavor my water ;; the pure unsweetened juice especially cranberry is hard to find around here I have to go to whole foods market to get it
good job on the 3 walks taken use whatever chance you can to make a difference for your self ..
Keep doing your best
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn replied to jis4judy's response:
Yeah, still having trouble with chewing, seeds and skins. Believe me, I'd rather have the real fruit. The juice is 100% fruit with no added anything, it's from the "simply" line of juices. I tried buying pomegranates, but they are HORRIBLE this year, at least in my area, and cranberries are always super expensive. Cherries would be chewable but they are also not available at the moment. I did manage to get some whole blackberries, which tasted bitter, but they were still nice.

Anyone else having trouble getting good fruit at decent prices this year?
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
I have been buying frozen cherries this winter they are pretty awesome in yogurt if you chop them in small bites they might work although it is tough to chop frozen berries my fingers get too cold handling them
I imagine if I had a good food processor that would chop them better . I like how the frozen cherries make the yogurt kinda frozen too and it is almost like eating ice cream only
it is really fat free plain yogurt with a little honey in it .

It is still rather expensive I buy them for 3.50 a pack and I get 2 servings from each pack 1.75 per serving that my indulgence as far as money goes
it is cheaper to use strawberries they are 2.00 a pound and I get 2 servings per pound when I use them and when I buy the strawberries at Costco they are 6.99 for 4 pounds so that about 1.75 a pound rounded up
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Good job Roh. You're getting back into the swing of things. In the winter we get a lot of fruit from Mexico and South America. I will only buy balckberries and blueberries when they are on a super good sale. I don't know what is the matter with me that I haven't bought any fresh strawberries this year. I just haven't had a 'taste' for them yet. In the winter I usually buy apples and citrus as they keep for a long time even without refrigeration.

I envy you all that juice. I did buy some pomegranate juice a couple of weeks ago since it was two for one. I just couldn't pass that up. Juice just spikes my blood sugar so much that in the long run it isn't worth it to me very often.

Keep on plan Roh and pretty soon those pounds will start falling off!!!

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
Citrus does bad things to me if I eat too much of it, same with apples actually, so I limit apples to one a day or less. Lately I've been getting more fresh pineapples since they are looking better. Strawberries when I see good ones. Mushrooms too, they are really nice at the moment. Might pick up a few burro bananas or maybe some guavas next time, they are easy to chew, and my electrolytes have been messed up so I'll take the sugar hit. I'm just waiting for the nectarines to come back!
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Too bad about the citrus and apples. It seems strange to me that pineapple doesn't cause bad things as it is so acidy. I love pineapple too but it is hard to find ones that are even close to being ripe and it spikes my sugar too. What about mangos and/or papayas? I like the smaller yellow mangos the best but to me all of them are good and believe it or not the skin is edible. Nectarines and peaches - YUM!! Once in a while there will be some good apricots at the stores too. I'm really waiting for cherries - love, love, love them!!

Michelle

It seems to be a different kind of acid in cirtrus. Sometimes it bugs me, sometimes it doesn't. I can eat vitamin C all day, so I'm wondering if it's not the acid but maybe the oils from the peel, or some such? I have access to papaya, and have gotten it but don't like the taste enough to want to get a great big three or four pound one if I'm the only person eating it. We have mangoes and I should probably eat more of them. I just found a windfall of fresh cherry tomatoes and have been having them in my lunch, I should eat more tomatoes. Also the good small avocadoes are back so I've been having those.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

tbird88 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh,

I have been purchasing fresh fruit but also dried fruit. I don't know if you would be able to chew it...but they have dried apricots, cranberries, pineapples and mangos.

I haven't tried them but they have dried apple slices too. The dried fruit is good but you do have to watch the sugar. I am not sure how the sugar compares to it being fresh fruit.

Tia

bigred53 replied to tbird88's response:
Dried fruit is good but it is very calorie dense like nuts. I've never seen any dried mango or cranberries that didn't have added sugar. Being diabetic I look for that kind of stuff.

Roh, I love the grape tomatoes from Sam's Club. They are the best. I'll have to ask my sister to get some for me the next time she goes. Any other place cherry tomatoes and grape tomatoes are too expensive most of the time even as much as I love them..

Michelle

I love dried fruit, and can chew it on my good side, but it doesn't fill me up and it's expensive. It might as well be candy. So I am balancing availability and nutrition, weighed heavily by the ever popular PITA factor. I have to admit, mangoes and papayas aren't on the top of my list because of prep time. Of course, piniapple needs to be cut up in a somewhat time consuming way too, but my spouse likes it as well so I have more incentive. And I get a bunch when I cut up one pineapple. It really isn't that acidic when it's properly ripened. Soon it will be melon season so I'll have more fruit cutting to do. Melon is king as far as low calorie content and easy chewability! Depending on the type, it actually has nutrients too.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
Oh Roh I love melons too water melon or are my favorites
also like cantaloupe
they are good sources of vitamins
in the Fall I love apples and pomagranet

summer is melon season though along with fresh cherries
Hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Here's a little tip for Kathy and FGM about watermelon - it is good if you have kidney stones.
Michelle

mog1026 replied to bigred53's response:
Michelle wow! I never knew that! It's on the shopping list today Yum yum!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

blondie454u responded:
Good job on the no weight gain. I hope you get to chewing soon!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am Misty. I Live in Arkansas. I have two great kids and a awesome husband. I am 26 years old and finally getting to go to college. I am a Big Gir...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.