Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
First psychiatry session happened… today!
californiakayla posted:
Holy smokes.

Did a lot of soul searching yesterday, and decided that it is absolutely imperative to address the self-sabotoging habits underlying what appears to be just an over-robust appetite.

When I called my health provider today, and explained what has happened in the last ten months with the astronomical weight gain and reverting back from healthier habits to damaging ones, they put me on hold, and made an emergency apportionment to meet with them at 6pm!

Was grilled for an hour with questions and answers… and starting tomorrow at 8:00am I'll be in three rounds of therapy: psychiatric, counseling, and group support classes to deal with the Binge Eating Disorder issues.

Am a big believer that when the time is right, the time is right, and my goodness did everything fall into place today. Really exhausted from all of the activity today though. There is nothing like working with five strangers back to back telling each one essentially "I have a problem," to land you where you need to be.

Food wise, I avoided takeout today, which is plus. Stopped at the grocery store instead and picked up a nice meal and lunch for tomorrow.

One baby step at a time.

jis4judy responded:
good morning Kayla I am glad your visit went well
I am sure my problem was an over stimulated appetite
I was a foodie I never liked fast food so I didn't have to fix that one but anything sweet was on my radar and I had to stop baking that was something I did on a regular basis that did not help my body . I still bake but a lot less than I was doing mostly I bake on holidays like thanksgiving and Christmas

I used to say My appetite regulator was broken so I had to self regulate I may have to do that again
when I started I wasn't counting calories I was counting nutrients

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Kayla, that was an astounding response from your doctors! I have never heard of such a comprehensive evaluation so quickly. Wow! Most of us could benefit from some sessions with that group! It appears that you are in good hands. My doctor says things like.."well, good luck with the weight loss, it's very hard to do and most people don't succeed". It may be true from his perspective, but not very encouraging from mine.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.8 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Wow, yes, I'm with Kathy, never heard doctors go into fast mode. LOL Don't get burn out. some times you go into something so fast it exhausts you and you get burn out and quit. So try to take it easy and relax some, then pick up again. Hope you know what I am saying.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Kathy and Ausie Kayka is so young going through her history is quicker than going thru ours we have several decades more that Kayla she is just a baby

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Kayla!!! See, you are supposed to go to therapy or all the arrangments wouldn't have happened so quickly. I truly hope you get the help you feel you need. It certainly can't hurt.

We'll be your untrained therapists too. Not to mention your cheerleaders. Judy keeps her pink pom-poms handy to help celebrate those victorious moments. She does the happy dance too. I've never been much of a dancer but I can stomp my feet, clap my hands and yell hooray!!

Michelle

blondie454u responded:
Great job on getting the help and making one decision at a time!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. My 74 yo mother lives with ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.