Skip to content
Rainbow Challenge Monday April 21 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a>

Good morning
I hope you all had a very nice Easter

I ate too many peeps and jelly beans
I have to do damage control this whole week
I am up more than 2 pounds 155 today shame on me thinking I could eat those peeps and jelly beans and not suffer the outcome

did take a nice long walk yesterday but it wasn;t enough to counter the indulgence
and may I say it wasn;t worth it I really did not enjoy eating those things they made me feel sick
breakfast today was
1/2 c old fashioned oats
1/2 C sliced strawberries
1.1 Oz banana
5.3 oz orange
1/2 C m ff milk
1 C black coffee

Dinner plans
asparagus side salad either brn rice or sweet potato baked chicken breast side salad see I started with the green vegie because Kim posted that we always think of the meat first and she is right I was thinking the chicken first so I deliberately started with the asparagus making a new habit
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
POW! your Rainbow hit me right in the kisser today, Judy. Very bright and eye catching.
People quote me for things that I said eons ago, lol. Jeez Judy, what do you do, keep a side journal of who said what?
I can barely remember what I said 5 min ago and here you are quoting something I prolly tossed off a year ago..... whatever you are taking for memory... let me know

I mean, look what I did to poor Michelle. I had just read her post about raw turnips, went to reply to something else and forgot who wrote it.. grrr. Must remember to remember.

Does anyone know what it is about ham that either makes you "laggy" or headachey? I swear, every time I make a full blown ham, not just deli meat, I end up with the worst headaches.

I won't even look at the scale today. I'm afraid.... VERY afraid.
I'll just pull a Scarlett O'Hara... "fiddle dee dee" sort of mentality today and go all airheaded and "forget" to weigh in.

Although we didn't have candy in the house yesterday, a la Judys Peeps, I did make a carrot cake from scratch which kept calling my name.
Again, we won't talk about that.... sigh

Funny, today, I don't feel much like eating the "leftovers". I feel grungy in my tummy, my whole body, actually.
I think today, I'll try to eat as clean as possible.

Breakfast will be my 2 tall coffees, nothing but stevia added
fruit/veggie smoothie

AM snack Lemon Chobani w/ blueberries

Lunch pumpkin smoothie

PM snack 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner Tossed garden salad w/ 3 oz diced chicken breast and rasp vinaigrette

Happy Monday!
Huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim
I know you said that a few months ago and I was working on it this whole time just getting the habits worked through
No I have no log of who said what But some things just get to me and I make a mental note ,, You know how some of the members on this board can calculate the calories in their heads
I can do that but I tend to forget some of the calories when I do that Lol so I do log food ...I think if I try too hard to remember too many things some will be forgotten ...

You have said many things worth quoting that one just hit me hard

Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim about the Ham
I cut Ham out of my plan because it is a processed meat
too much sodium in it but it could be the sodium content that effects you ... I am not sure if it has the nitrates or not
Hugs Judy

ausgram responded:
Good Morning Judy and Kim! Kim don't feel bad about not weighing in - I had to. I have to keep myself on track this way. We went to Chilis yesterday and I know all the salt in that stuff no matter how well cooked and non calorie it was, I still put on a pound cause of it. Ughs!
And speaking of ham giving you a headache. You know, I never get headaches but I did get one days in a row and as I think back, it was the ham. I never put 2 and 2 together. I fixed ham for our potluck and there was so much left over I brought it home and put some in the freezer and then we had some the next day. Hmmmm. I will watch that next time we have ham. Thanks Kim.
I didn't walk yesterday or Saturday either so that contributed to the weight. I'll we walking today and eating right.
Weigh-In 186
Brkfst 1 apple, 1 cup of joe
Lunch chicken salad
supper probably cereal
I will skip my two snacks, altho my daughter gave me some of that wedding cake so I will have a small piece of that.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, and so I go a-googling.... Here is what I found. So maybe it's Not all in our heads ... pun intended

Knowing that fact allows people to switch to a chemical-free product rather than give up a favorite food. Nitrites are among the many preservatives that may cause headaches. They are used to cure bacon, ham, salami, and several other luncheon meats. Other possible culprits are nitrates, also found in some meats; monosodium glutamate, sometimes added to Chinese food and many soups; sulfites, found in alcoholic beverages; and tartrazine, a food coloring agent usually listed on labels as FD & C yellow #5.

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Nope Judy that was me about a week and a half ago. Kim, Kathy, they both begin with K so it's all good. Forget the ham, I had scalloped taters and green beans yesterday. Ham was the side

OUCH on the HAM!! Love it then HATE it! Yes, headachy, loggy, puffy fingers this AM and UP UP UP 1 1/2 pounds today! Grrrrr . That's more than I lost last week. Grrrr. But I had such a fun fun fun weekend with the kids and the drone that I don't really care! Lalala la!

I have one ham a year just so I can get the bone and some meat to make my supply of pea soup. I ADORE pea soup! It once raised our dog Rufus from the dead, so I'm convinced it has magical powers. The kids TOTALLY believe it.

Food today - I'll be as good as can be. There's some leftovers but I'd better save them for a few days.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 211.4 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning! Well, I figuered I had at least 2,000 calories yesterday. After I posted last night I had some macaroni salad and a few bites of scalloped potatoes that my mom's friends made for her which she then sent to my sister's. The mac salad had onions and olives in it so I knew my sis wouldn't eat it and it looked so lonely there in the fridge so of course I couldn't let it go to waste. Today will be a better day.

I've had a McD's oatmeal but they forgot to put the apples and raisins in it...GRRRR.. and a cup of low fat milk. I've also had my pistachios. Guess I'll have an apple, celery, canned chicken and a V8 later.

I must say I've never noticed having a 'ham hangover' before. It does make sense with the nitrates and probably MSG too.

Kathy, I'm with you on the split pea soup. I love it too but since I'm just about the only one in the family who does I rarely make any. And that canned stuff just doesn't cut it - yuck!

I was at my sister's yesterday afternoon doing laundry and I tried to weigh but the scale was not cooperating. It kept showing 'E'. Tracy was taking a nap so I just gave up and figuered I wasn't supposed to know...lol.

Michelle

jis4judy replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Michelle don't feel too bad I know I had close to 2000 yesterday myself and it was mostly indulgences in candy not real food I can usually get by when I over eat something good for me but I feel or should I say jumped off the wagon yesterday ... at least 500 extra cals loaded with sugar that is so unlike me or more like the old me what it shoed that old habits lurk in the background waiting for the weak moments
Hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I really don't feel too bad. It was more than I thought it would be. I did fine on Saturday so one messed up day is not going to make that much of a difference, I hope.

You are so right about those old habits lurking and waiting to jump out again. It's hard to kick them to the curb again once they escape.

Michelle

kalimiller responded:
Mrrrgh. Monday.

So, I too am up a little from the weeked. Too many jelly beans. And a few reeses. And some other candy. I think I did okay though - I only had four or five miniature reeses candies and 4 or 5 hershey miniature chocolate eggs. Many a small handful of jelly beans total over the whole weekend.

We had brisket yesterday instead of ham. It was good.

I'm up two pounds - so 191. I was expecting a gain. But I'll get it back down Hope everyone has had a good day so far!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

Spotlight: Member Stories

To be very honest, I have never really had an issue with my weight until very recently.Other people seem to have an issue with my size and wanted to m...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.