Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good Quote
rohvannyn posted:
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life and the procedure. The process is its own
reward." -Amelia Earhart

I thought this was appropriate to our journeys!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 192.4 Goal: 140

jis4judy responded:
Love it Roh thanks Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Roh,
I really like this quote. A.E. was a true pioneer in the women's movement. She did what very few of us, at that time, would've even dreamed of.
Obviously, this wasn't just a "throw away" quote. She believed in it and lived up to it's ,and her, full potential. As we all should try to do.

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

bigred53 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Excellent!! Thank you! It's going into my folder of quotes.

Michelle

parakeet210 replied to bigred53's response:
We did have here a Amelia Earhart as a traffic person who did that report and sometimes was in chopper flying doing traffic report. She is granddaughter to mrs Earhart and is working on flying a course faster than anyone else or something. She resigned from 9 news about 2 months ago.

Thank you Roh!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

mog1026 responded:
All so true Roh!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 211.4 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to parakeet210's response:
No Keet, they found out she wasn't related to THE Amelia Earhart. She is still on our Channel 9 station but not flying anymore. She's lost a ton of weight and looks terrific.

Roh, that's a good quote and reminds me of the choices that are ours. God made us to make our own choices. I just wish I could make the right choices in food. ha. I pray every day that my grandkids make GOOD choices, so far, so good.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Probably not her real name either! Super handle for someone who wants to do chopper news
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 211.4 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rohvannyn replied to mog1026's response:
Amelia Rose Earhart, the channel 9 reporter, is indeed a distant relative to the original Amelia Mary Earhart. Probably through her sister Muriel or through one of her cousins. She is planning to fly around the world (I believe) sometime this summer in remembrance of her namesake.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 192.4 Goal: 140

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. Im a 26yr old mother, wife, and full-time employee. And I am extremely over weight. Approximately 102 lbs to be exact. I feel terrible about m...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.