Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Needing major support!
blueeyesvh posted:
Hello everyone,

I have always been an active girl, and loved to play sports! In the past 3 years I have gained 100 pounds.. It seems that I just gave up at some point without realizing it. I had a hard year and I really drowned my emotions by eating, and eating. I am ready to feel like myself again, and feel confidant in my own skin. It seems like every time I begin to get on the right track, I fall off again.

My inspiration to lose 100 is to be healthy again, look awesome when I get married, and be ready to jump into my teaching career! I would love to talk to you all, and take any information or tips you may have. I currently am going to begin Zumba and weight training... Please let me know things that have worked for you!

Sincerely, Victoria
Xx

jis4judy responded:
Hi Victoria
welcome I can tell you one thing that was very helpful for me was eliminating processed foods .. and eating closer to nature ...fresh fruits and vegies lean meats whole grains
fat free dairy I get my fats from avocados and nuts
a big one is learning portion control
seems like you have the activity covered
and make sure the changes you make are changes you can live with forever . I know a few months on a diet sounds great but then you go back to old habits and regain sometimes more than you removed so changing the way you feed your self forever is the best way . I have been on my journey 11 years
removed the weight in the first year been maintaining since ...
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard! Judy has given you some great advice. It all starts with food. It's 80% food and 20% exercise. You can workout all you like but until you get the food down it won't help. This has to be a lifestyle change. Whatever you do to lose the weight you have to keep at it all your life. You can't go back to old habits.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

ausgram replied to blondie454u's response:
Judy and Amber are correct. Nothing more can be said. You have to be determined.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Victoria, Glad you joined us.
With 100 lbs to lose, I started out concentrating on better eating habits first. Only after I got the daily intake tracking down pat, did I start with a regular exercise. I walked... a mile every morning, and another 1/2 mile 3 evenings a week.
I knew that if I tried to alter my eating and my exercise habits at the same time, I'd become exasperated and , ultimately, give up.
That was not , and still is not, an option.
This journey is for life. I may have ups and downs on the scale , but I'm still in it.
That's the mentality to take, btw. And the best advice I can give you.
No matter what, you are worth the effort to keep going. No one is a failure in the journey. Because the journey is life.

Drink at least 64 oz of water a day. More if you can. This helps keep you "regular" and takes up the space that you might tend toward sodas and high calorie juices.

Log your food intake and exercise output on an online tracker, like WebMd, Livestrong, Sparkpeople or wherever. They are all free, unless you choose to upgrade to the advanced trackers. It may amaze you to find that you are eating more than you think.
Log EVERYTHING too. Right down the the tablespoon of oil you cook with.... Everything.

When possible. Switch to raw , whole, natural foods. If it comes from a factory or has more than 5 ingredients, try to find a healthier alternative.

Butter for margarine... cause it's real and tastes real, you'll use less and ... it's REAL

Better, healthier oils. Olive oil, flax seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil... all much healthier than regular corn or vegetable oil

Watch out for "catch words" , like Healthy, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Fat Free and especially Sugar Free. I guarantee, if you compare the labels of these vs the reg ones, they have upped the sodium and fats in the sugar free stuff and upped the sugar and fats in the low sodium ones.
Pick your poison. There are land mines everywhere. READ the Labels!

kim
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 21. In November of 2010 I tipped the scales at 280 lbs. I was depressed because of me weight. With my wedding coming up in June 2011, I knew I ne...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.