Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Friday April 25 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a class="iol_imc" style="left: 65px; top: 62.5px; width: 480px; height: 282px; visibility: visible;" idx="21">

Good morning

weigh in back up a half pound 154

Breakfast
Oatmeal cooked in ff milk with dried cranberries apples walnuts honey cinnamon and a small 1 ounce of banana 3 oz orange
all adds up to 331 cals also covers red yellow and orange of my rainbow

Dinner most likely spinach or asparagus chicken tiny red potato
I have to shop today to get fresh supplies for the weekend
this is supposed to be my no exercise day but it is so nice out I might just go walking anyway
eat your rainbow !!!

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Hi Judy and anyone else posting at this time too. Ha!

Weigh In - 184 yippee! Broke that 185 - 186 cycle.

Brkfst - 2 cuties, 1 cup joe

Lunch chicken & noodles. Yesterday I made enough for an arm. ughs. I hate doing that.
I'll be leaving at 11 or 12 this morning for the retreat. Suppose to eat supper on the road and most of the times when I go with this one girl we end up at subway, so that's not too bad.
I'll be watching what I eat for each meal, its always buffet style so I will know what to take.
See you when I get back, Monday.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 responded:
Woohoo! New number! 210.8. "Working my way back to you", last September! I'm back to Halloween now. BOO! :-0

I learned something yesterday that makes a lot of sense to me so I'm gonna share whether you stick your fingers in your ears and go "LALALA", or not. Here goes....when we eat something our body stores that food as glycogen in the liver. As we need energy the body draws from that glycogen, and only when the glycogen is gone, does the body then begin to burn fat. If we eat frequently we are continuously adding to the glycogen stored in the liver, so we never get to burn our fat. It is more effective to have longer periods between meals so that glycogen is gone. It is good to get hungry before you eat again. And most effective to stop eating early in the evening so you have the maximum time needed to burn fat before breakfast. In other words, Judy's right. Repeat after me...JUDY IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Now the fun part, the Food plan. Lunch is no mayo chicken salad, Dinner a small hamburger patty. Veggies and fruit too of course!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 212.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rachael2011 responded:
Good morning Judy, Aus and Kathy, and everyone that comes on here.

Aus- Have a good time at your retreat!

Kathy- That's an interesting factoid. I would rather eat a couple main meals than a bunch of smaller ones, so I hope you are right about the glycogen and all that! It's great incentive no to eat that extra "snack" between meals and at night time!

Now for my meals: Back to the usual apple, oatmeal and milk for breakfast. And since breakfast was late, lunch will be lighter but enough to hold me over til tonight... spinach w cheese, a Greek yogurt cup and an orange.

This weekend with work I am going to a lodge with a boy scout troop for developmentally disabled adults. Everybody is really looking forward to it. I will be at their mercy for meals but I will just keep reasonable portions and take my water bottle with me.

Everybody have a good weekend!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 295.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Interesting Kathy. I did not know that about letting the liver replenish itself. I will work on that. Working on getting back centered.

I had the protein toast 2 slices with honey and cinnamon 1 cuppa w1/2 n1/2 (I think I'll do oatmeal it's better) Lunch is: black Eyed Pea. Not real familiar with the menu but probably will have to have a chicken salad or something like that. I'm the same weight this am 262.2.

I see some of you weight warriors are on the fight to be light plan!! Yay!!

Snack will be a banana Dinner more than likely turkey sandwich on 100 cal wheat thin sandwich bread
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Congrats Aussie! That number's been a long time coming and you DESERVE it!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210.8. GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Yippee Aussie and Kathy. I'm not doing the happy dance because I don't dance but I stole Judy's hot pink Pom-Poms and I'm waving them vigorously!!!!

I had the grilled chicken salad from El Pollo Loco for dinner last night. So far I've had some blackberries and sugar snap peas along with my iced coffee. I'm out of yogurt but I'll survive for sure...lol, living off the fat of the land.

Aussie I hope you have a fabulous time at the retreat. And Ms. Kimmy - I know you'll dive like the champion you are!!! I need a get away weekend. My sis has a time share so it would be pretty easy to get away but she has so much going on with her house and her knees (doc appts.). I'm sure she would love to get away too but....Heck, I could always ask her to make reservations for my son and I in Vegas and we could always play the penny slots...lol.

Last night at the drive thru he was so bedazzled by the cute girl there that he forgot his soda...lol. She was cute but not too smart - could barely figure out how to count out change. He's a smart guy so I know that anything long term would be with a smart woman. You see, I keep hoping for grandbabies.

I am so glad it's Friday and I have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend other than trying to eat sensibly and healthily. Next Saturday my sis and I have another lunch/meeting thingy to go to and I stupidly volunteered (or was volunteered) to make macaroni salad. I'm going to take the easy way and buy some then add some of my special touches - extra celery, green onions, pimento, sweet pickle relish and a few other things. We're also going to have Chinese chicken salad so I'll try to fill up on that. Somebody is going to make this cherry dessert. Now that will be hard for me to stay away from as I love anything cherry. Pray for me...lol

Well my beauties that's all for now.

Michelle

kalimiller responded:
Hey everyone.

DH and I are going to finish the sifting of dirt in one of the beds in our front yard this afternoon. And then I can plant strawberries. Yay! My arms are getting buff from all this dirt sifting (jk, but they should be!!!)

I also went and got my haircut yesterday evening. Six inches. That's got to count for a pound, right???
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

tbird88 replied to kalimiller's response:
HI everyone,

That sounds like fun kali planting beds for strawberries and getting all that exercise too.

Well I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning and went to a vietamese (spelling) restaurant for lunch. I had hot and sour soup with prawns, mushrooms and basil. I had white rice too. I felt bad about the white rice because it wasn't brown rice, did I totally screw up or is once in a while okay?

I hope that you have a good retreat Aus and Judy hang in there with the weight gain I sure you will lose it.

So Kathy we should not eat frequently, but wait longer between meals? That is new information to me. I did not know that. I would have to rethink my eating habits.

Well take care everyone and have a good weekend.
Tia SW 267 CW 249 GW 160

mog1026 replied to tbird88's response:
That's how I understand it Tia. This is from Dr. Joel Furman and Dr. Oz. it doesn't say anything about the calories you need to eat and of course that's a factor. But it does give you an extra incentive NOT to have that snack if you're feeling tempted. It stopped me last night from having a few pecans that I was considering. I have to really struggle to lose so I'm willing to use this as a tool. Everyone is different and some may lose while eating small amounts all day long, but not me!

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy you're right. Different things work for different people. I've discovered that I do better while I'm at work with a grazing style of eating. On the weekends I change it up and only have two meals a day - I sleep in which precludes more meals. That's what has been working for me.

Finding the right eating style is an experiment and a very individual process IMO. I may have to change the way I eat down the road if I stop losing. It may take me a while to figure out what I need to do but whatever it takes.

Tia keep trying different things. You might discover that the 'three squares' a day works or that the 'grazing' way works. I read an article about only eating two meals a day working for some people. Pretty much it all boils down to calories and activity.

I kind of have to pay attention to the timing of my 'meals' since I am diabetic and one of my meds occasionally causes me to go low. I've also got a feeling that it's time for me to cut back a bit again. I really think it's the peanut butter. Maybe after I finish this jar I won't buy any more for a while and see what happens. I'll get more fruit instead for that 'sweet fix'.

Tia you are doing very well with what you've been doing. Continue with it. If and when you hit a plateau then you might have to change things up. Continue to be aware of your total daily calories. If 1200 calories a day, 400 calories a meal is what works for you do it.

Michelle

tbird88 replied to bigred53's response:
Thank you Michelle and Kathy. I will continue to have my 3 meals and two snacks a day, since it is working and then change things up if I hit a plateau. I have 1200 calories or less a day.
Tia SW 267 CW 248 GW 160

mog1026 replied to tbird88's response:
Food du jour

Breakfast - clementine, 1 1/2 cups dry cereal

Lunch - 5 oz no mayo chicken salad with snow peas and orange pepper

Dinner - 3 oz hamburger patty, 2 slices 40 cal bread, salad of bib lettuce, arugula, endive, mushroom, scallion, tomato, 1 1/2 T ranch dressing, 1 cup watermelon

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 56 years old and I weigh 270 lbs. I have been over weight my entire life. I have lost 60 lbs since I had the gastric sleeve but I'm stuck ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.