Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Saturday April 26 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a class="iol_imc" style="left: 222px; top: 121px; width: 165px; height: 165px; visibility: visible;" idx="32">
Good Morning

forgot to weigh in today

Breakfast

1/2 C bran flakes
1/2 C ff milk
1/4 C heart to heart
1/4 C raisin bran
2.3 oz strawberries
2.7 oz orange

1 C black coffee

Dinner plans asparagus tiny red potato boneless chicken side salad

will likely have 2 C green tea with lemon and ginger

Apple with peanut butter

2 oz pistachios

1/3 C yogurt
1 C frozen cherries
1/3 t honey
2 T crunchy pecan cereal

this is the plan
for the day

yesterday I didn;t have chicken

I had steak a small one with mushrooms spinach and baked potato with ff sour cream and a salad with avocado mixed greens cuke radish red onion yellow pepper robusto dressing and wine vinegar and tomato

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
Strange, Judy. This is the 2nd day I can see your photo but there are a bunch of symbols and letters before and after it. Are you doing something new?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210.8. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

tbird88 replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning Judy and Kathy and Everyone else.

Well I decided today to go meatless and be vegan. I want to boost my weight loss and lighten my diet completely. I think this will do that. My boyfriend thinks I should still eat fish but I told him I am going completely meatless. Has anyone gone vegan here before? I don't know if I will make it a permanent change but I want to try it for a while. What do you all think?
Tia SW 267 CW 248 GW 160

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
that Photo is small and I tried to stretch it I think that's why there are letters and symbols before and after it

It is telling me the size of the photo
LOl Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to tbird88's response:
Hi Tia the big problem of going totally meatless is that you get a lot more carbs in your plan and have to make an adjustment to get protein from someplace else
I had a meatless day last week and I ate more of everything else and gained that day . So if you do go meatless be aware of what you are getting as nutrients and try to get protein from other sources ...I didn't do meatless on purpose it was such a crappy meat that I couldn;t eat it LOL
Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to tbird88's response:
I have a friend who is an RN who went vegan last year. It's a lot stricter than vegetarian. Be advised that to do it in a healthy way takes a lot of work. You HAVE to educate yourself on how you can meet your nutritional needs. You will need to read a lot on the best sources of protein and take the necessary supplements. She is in her 60's but you are a young woman and your body will need a lot more sustenance. Don't think you can just drop all meat, fish, poultry, dairy, eggs etc. and just grab a salad. It's not that easy. You will have to learn how to cook in a whole new way with new ingredients. She recommends starting with a book called Dr. Gundry's Diet Revolution.

She and her husband did lose a lot of weight and it's like a religion to them now. It's a big big lifestyle change. Most restaurant meals are out. I'm not trying to discourage you if this is your belief, but make sure you do this carefully and let your doctor know. Yea yea, I know. I'm a Party Pooper!

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning all! Gray, Cold and wet! Brrrrr. My weight was the same this morning. Guess we won't be seeing Aussie and Kim. I hope they're having fun in the sun where it's warm and feels like Spring!

The plan today is egg beaters for lunch and chicken for dinner. Boring. Food is fuel. Food is fuel. Food is fuel. Food is fuel. Food is fuel.

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning ladies. Kathy it rained here most of the night it seemed. California needs it desperately but it's very unusual this time of year.

I let my son choose where we went to dinner. He picked Strawhat Pizza. I figured since they had a salad bar I wouldn't do so bad. I had him order and the sweetie brought me a big mug of beer he wanted me to try from a local brewery. It was an orange wheat ale and very good. So I had salad and two slices of pizza. I'm sure I over did the salad since I had spoonfuls of the macaroni and potato salads. Then I had some jello and pineapple. The best thing of all is spending time with my son.

We're both kind of car people and yesterday when he picked me up there was a beautiful shiny Maserati in the parking lot. Both of us were drooling. That car had the most exciting purr as it took off. Gave us goosebumps. ..lol.

Tia both Judy and Kathy are right about going vegan. You need to research other sources of protein. Beans, legumes, nuts, seeds and soy products are all good sources but most of them need to be eaten in combination to get a complete protein. You will also need at the very least a vitamin B12 supplement. That's about all I know. It still all comes down to calories and activities/exercise. I'm not saying being a vegan is bad but you do need to know what you're doing. There are many days that I don't eat meat but I do have ff Greek yogurt and nuts for protein. Being a vegan means no animal protein. So do your research about it first. The most important thing is for you to be healthy and of course happy.

Good eating everyone.

Michelle

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Good mornin judy Tia Kathy and any who come later.

Judy's oatmeal: vanilla extract, cinnamon, honey, mixed serving of nuts, craisins I'm not wanting to eat yet so I'll try 10ish Lunch: blueberries, greens mixed and spinach, red and yellow peppers, red onion, mixed nuts, that's all I can think of to put in it. I will use Marie calendars raspberry vinergarette salad dressing. Lucky for me I don't like a lot of dressing!!

I'll check in tonite with dinner
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

tbird88 replied to mog1026's response:
I think I want to do vegetarian where you can eat dairy products and eggs. I don't think vegan would work for me. Today was my first day and I had a protein drink for breakfast, peanut butter and honey sandwich for lunch and a veggie pita for dinner. It went pretty good. I'm not hungry so that is good.
Tia SW 267 CW 248 GW 160

parakeet210 replied to parakeet210's response:
I also put mixed nuts in the salad for lunch.

Dinner; Out.... 2 4oz. glasses of cabernet
2 very small pieces of pizza veggie with Canadian bacon
(red peppers, onions wt, mushrooms, light cheese and the c. bacon)

I had 4-5 large nachos with beans mostly 1/2 oz. chicken, 2 T. guac.
a bit of cubed tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cubed onions

husband and I got so full we could barely waddle outta the restaurant! can't remember when either one of us ever did that??

gnight... exhausted once again. Hows my sentence structure?
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

mog1026 replied to tbird88's response:
That sounds like a good decision Tia. You can better ease your way into vegetarianism. I'm curious to hear how you like it.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Daily Bread

Breakfast - 1/2 banana, 1 1/2 cups dry cereal

Lunch - egg beaters, dry English muffin, 2 strips microwave bacon, apple

Dinner - 4 oz chicken breast, hash brown patty, salad of Bibb lettuce, endive, mushroom, red onion, tomato, 2 T ranch dressing, 1/4 cup blueberries, 100 calorie microwave popcorn..

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 21 years old and have begun my fight to get healthy and thin in January. I have lost a small amount of weight since then and I am hoping to lose ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.