Skip to content
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
mog1026 posted:
Why didn't I notice this before? It's PARTY TIME! You're ALL invited! No RSVP required!

I just realized my one year anniversary on this site and this journey came and went last month with no special occasion to mark the date. I need to celebrate!

So today I'm celebrating the journey because I may have stumbled but I haven't gone into an irreversible coma along the way. I'm 25 pounds lighter than I was when I began and that is 25 pounds I'd still be carrying if I hadn't come here. I know I could have done a lot better in a year but what I did is still worth celebrating because the weight is better off than on.

I'm also celebrating the friends I have made here in the last year. Some are still here, others have moved on, but every single one is an important part of every single pound I can manage to lose. I couldn't do it and I wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for you. It boggles my mind to think that there are people who can do this alone, without a community of support.

So I want to say thank you to everyone. This CAN work! Don't give up if you're thinking about it. Hang in. Thanks for showing up! And don't forget to pick up your goodie bag on your way out the door!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210.8. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
Happy anniversary Kathy Mine was April too only mine is 11 years LOL
So Happy anniversary to both of us
I know I would not be maintaining this long without having support every day It really helps with getting focused on the journey and that's great about the 25 pounds keep going kiddo
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hooray for Kathy and all of us! I know coming here helps me stay focused. I would never have believed that I could come to cherish people I have never met as much as I do all of you. May my nose get even bigger if I'm lying. ..lol

Xoxox

Michelle

justmejust replied to bigred53's response:
Sometimes I think it would be cool if we all planned a get together at a beach condo perhaps in the off season to meet everyone from here sometime! It could be great, or probably not, turn out terrible! (My grammar and sentence structure, etcetera, self destructed for me beginning the year I had my first kid. I need to find a way to get it back. Is it just my imagination or do people speak and write incorrectly everywhere anymore?)
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
No no Laura! It would be GREAT! But we'd have to drag Kim to bring us some naughty into the mix! Who's got the beach house? It would be awesome!

Grammar has gone the way of the Dodo bird. And texting has ruined the next generation for any meaningful sentence structure. I get the biggest kick out of signage today. My favorite was in Danbury, CT at a service station. It read "KIDS WITH GAS EAT FREE"! I sure would be a frustrated Middle School English teacher today. TTYL, LOL!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210.8. GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
I need a "Like" button for that entire last comment Kim!
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
I need a "Like " button for that entire last comment KATHY! ( and an edit button would be helpful, too...)
Laura

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Laura when I win the lottery we're going to do that and I'm paying! Can my sister come too - she's got a time share so we could go just about anywhere in the world.

Kathy how naughty do you want to be? I really haven't shown you that side of me yet. Do you mean toilet papering somebody's house or hiring a male stripper naughty? I'm up for both and then some. ..lol.

Michelle

parakeet210 replied to bigred53's response:
Congratulations Kathy and Judy. those are all #1's!
Laura, Michelle, Kim, Amber, Lady Lavendar, Roh, Tweety,
((((((all))))))

I think that would be awesome Laura! a nice place for us all to meet! I hear the carribean is cheap to go to. I've never been. Not a sun worshipper but am trying to get my vitamin D.

I appreciate so much too, the support I get and give!

have a great night
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

rachael2011 responded:
Happy (belated) anniversary to Kathy and Judy! Kathy, I started about the same time as you I think. And it seems I restarted countless times, but I have learned so much and feel so much support from everyone on this site.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 315.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
OH, me too!!! Sorry I missed those anniversaries. Been so darned busy worrying about my own happenings that I totally let yours slip.
Happy Anniversaries, ladies!

huggs
k
Reboot weight April 7, 2014... 198
Goal 6-9 lbs per month till goal of 135 attained

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. ---- Marianne Williamson

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Right Rachael, that means it's time for your party too! Put a 10 pound weight in your pocket and carry it around all day and then you can celebrate that it's not there any more! And you have gotten much smarter in your choices so that means your innards can celebrate too. Hooray for you!

Kim, thanks, and focus away on yourself. You've had some pretty exciting stuff going on and we're all happy just to hear about it!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

tbird88 replied to mog1026's response:
Happy Anniversary to Kathy and Judy! I am the new kid on the block and I hope I would not be crashing a party if I came to the party. I have not been here long but I definitely feel the connection between you all and I feel so much a part of it. Thank you for letting me share and be a part of your successes.
Tia SW 267 CW 248 GW 160

jis4judy replied to tbird88's response:
Thanks Ladies we Kathy Rachael and I really feel good about all these well wishes I am sure ,,, I am hopeing you all have one to report soon
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
YAY Kathy. 1 year? I have no idea when I started on here.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all! My stories simple, I'm here to lose weight and to find like minded people to connect with. I lost my motivation, and hoping and praying th...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.