Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Sunday April 27 2014
jis4judy posted:
[a class="iol_imc" style="left: 5px; top: 3.5px; width: 600px; height: 400px; visibility: visible;" idx="20">

Good Morning
weigh in today 153 not bad after a day off intentional exercise

Breakfast

1/2 C bran flakes
1/2 C ff milk
1/4 C cheerios
1/4 C raisin bran
2.7 oz orange
3 oz strawberries
1 C black coffee

I sort of slept in woke up about 45 minutes ago

Yesterdays Dinner was brn rice with mushrooms in place of the planned red potato and I had .9 oz mixed nuts that wasn't planned
other wise it went as planned with those two exceptions

today I will be doing some form of exercise most likely walking rain or shine

the plan for today
pasta with tomato sauce mushrooms meat balls I have no zucchini so I will most likely just have a salad with the pasta I use half whole grain pasta and half regular

I am planning a fruit salad for the later meal and pistachios
green tea with lemon and ginger

I will have the yogurt with strawberries tonight

that's the plan
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
Yesterday I got the hungry horrors big time, so I broke routine and after dinner I had a 100 cal bag of microwave popcorn. What a relief! Got to listen to the body! This morning I was down 0.2 lb to 210.6 so I guess I needed it.

The plan is it's lunchtime and I haven't a clue. None of my usual are appealing. Maybe something with some leftover chicken from last night. Dinner will be my smaller hamburger patty.

The sky looks like snow today. Brrrrr.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210.8. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

tbird88 responded:
Hi Judy and everyone,

I hope everyone is well today. I had a smoothie this morning with banana, strawberries and blueberries. It was very good. Going to church this morning and then I am going to do some stretching. Today is my day off from exercise but I will weigh in at the gym. I haven't planned the rest of my meals for today. But I will work on it.
Tia SW 267 CW 248 GW 160

bigred53 replied to tbird88's response:
Good morning beautiful ladies! The three of you already here are doing fabulously! I had WAY too many calories yesterday but I'll do better today. No soda though. ..lol.

Snow Kathy? Anything is possible. It's looking like rain again here and it's cooler than usual for us. I'd much rather have weather like this than the alternative. When I checked the forecast we're supposed to be in the 90's later this week again. Pray for me that I don't have a bunch of hot flashes too. ..lol.

So Kathy how are your knees feeling lately? Better I hope.

I've got to make an appointment to get my eyes checked one of these days soon. I also need to make an appointment with my doctor and get blood work done to check my stupid cholesterol levels and blood sugar. I know my blood sugar levels are good but that cholesterol is another story. I wish I could get off those meds but at least I'm not on statins. Can't take them. I'm happy that I was able to get off the blood pressure meds. One of the great side effects of weight loss besides feeling better and smaller clothes. ..lol. Two weeks to go for new pants! !

Michelle

mog1026 replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Michelle, thanks for asking, but I think I have a way to go before I see real knee relief. Maybe another 30 lbs? 50 lbs? Talk to me then. Hopefully we won't have passed away from old age! I'm on a statin and BP meds. Sure wish I didn't need them, but I'm not even considering that I won't need those no matter what I weigh. My mom took both and she never even weighed 100 lbs in her whole life. Bad genes. What can I say?

It's not cold enough for snow thank heavens, but cold enough for a bite in the air.

Don't give in to temptation Michelle. You need those pants!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 210.6 GW 165

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy celery really does help blood pressure so get back to crunching. I also take Hawthorn berry capsules which I get at Wal-Mart. CoQ10 is also good at least 200 mg per day. It's supposed to be good for cholesterol too. Personally I'd rather have high cholesterol than take statins again.

Pomegranate is also good for blood pressure and your heart. I take the capsules because juices spike my blood sugar.

Getting more mature is sure not for sissies. ..lol.

Michelle

justmejust responded:
Your tea sounds delicious Judy. Is that fresh ginger root you put in the tea, or spice from spice rack? Laura
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

parakeet210 replied to bigred53's response:
Hi all, Busy day today w/ a lot of walking. Good exercise!! Brkfst : Judy's oatmeal 1 cuppa 1/2-1/2 One venti skinny vanilla decaf iced

Lunch 2 bites sandwich got rid of the bread. 2 oz turkey. Lettuce. Tomato red onion 5 strawberries 1 G2 like Gatorade but no cal

2-3 oz rum and coke 12 oz

Dinner: squash and zucks w red onion 2 sml pieces left over pizza from last night 1 sml pb cookie

Went to walmart to do grocery and other shopping.No Produce!! I'll survive on frozen and the strawberries
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 258.8

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
I can answer that Laura! She buys it at Stop and Shop. Is that only a New England chain? It's a house brand they carry. It used to be Nature's Promise and now it is "Simple" something. She was bananas when she thought they stopped making it, cause she's an addict! LOL!

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Oh Laura I went nuts when stop and shop stopped carrying it
I bought a tea pot from amazon and now I buy bigelow lemon and ginger tea and lipton decafe green tea and make it in the tea pot one tea bag of each in 2 big cups boiling water
I add a slice of lemon too . the new brand the stop and shop made doesn;t have my favorite blend so I made it with 2 different brands and flavors
you should be able to find those brands anywhere
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, is the Bigelow lemon and ginger an herbal tea or is it flavored real tea?

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy it is herbal tea with probiotics that what the label says anyway
Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

It took me many years to put on this extra 100 lbs plus and I know it will take me some time to get it off but one day at a time and God by my side I ...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.